Soul Mates - Real or Not

Options
123457»

Replies

• barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    when I was just 12 years old I met someone who was in the public circle...I felt close to him at that time..then he moved away and throughout my life, I stayed in contact with him...when ever he had issues, like when his father died, GF left him, or any other time he had major issues, I could FEEL something was wrong and would contact him, and he would tell me what was wrong,and always wonder HOW I KNEW...after a lifetime, (and 3 horable marriages for me)... we did get together romantically, (for about 6 months time) and it was the most wonderful experience of my life....but he was a celebrity, and told me once "it isn't who you know, but who you're JUMPIN"...I wasn't in the biz so he moved on, breaking my heart.....I continued to care for him tho I wasn't with him....he died in 1996...and I don't FEEL him anymore......but I believe he was my SOULMATE....
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Nah, its all bs....u live, then u die....all sharing does is give someone a chance to own & depress u.

Awww...sweetie that's so sad:cry:
    Pretty sure I have my soul mate...I would die for him, and he lives for me, and vice-versa.:heart:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Ppl can be suckers
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    I believe in it. Yes, the notion is cheesy. But if you are fortunate enough to find yours, all of the sudden the concept doesn't seem that foreign

Agreed. :)
  • gabby365
    gabby365 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Imo, the concept is ridiculous that there is one perfect person for u...or I'm just a negative bleep.

What r your opinions?

When you find your soulmate, you will know. End of story...
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I used to...(blame it on the princess movies)...but now I think you just find someone who you're really compatible with and keep growing and learning from each other. At least that's my case
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have always thought the notion of a soul mate did not necessarily denote romantic love. It can be a platonic friendship, a child, sibling, etc It is someone from whom you never have to hide, laugh easily and often with, and have a completely natural connection. You can have more than one or two in a lifetime. It says more about you and how loving, accepting and worthy YOU are than anything.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Depends on your beliefs.
    I don't believe in the concept of one soulmate, but rather that we meet many people from our soul family who in one way or another, enable us to progress and to learn more about ourselves. I also believe there is one, single person that we eventually will end up with after we have had all these other experiences and reached a level where we can love in a true and unconditional way, both ourselves and others.

My current bf, I 'knew' before even knowing him or seeing his face. It was literally just a 'soul feeling', as insane as that sounds. It took five years of my knowing this, but being too afraid to do anything about it, to a point of almost just giving up, for us to get talking (along the way he also called me a stalker and avoided me for those 5 years, lol). No one who knew of the situation thought for a moment he would ever talk to me, let alone that we would end up a couple. But it happened, and I believe the gossip went on for quite sometime, and people were quite shocked.

Preceding finally talking to one another, we kept turning up in the same places, at the same time, even during a lunar eclipse. I 'knew' he was about to come into a shop or turn up, and moments later he would. So I cannot really deny that there is much more to life than we can actually see or explain scientifically.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have always thought the notion of a soul mate did not necessarily denote romantic love. It can be a platonic friendship, a child, sibling, etc It is someone from whom you never have to hide, laugh easily and often with, and have a completely natural connection. You can have more than one or two in a lifetime. It says more about you and how loving, accepting and worthy YOU are than anything.

Ouch. Guess I know why I haven't found one yet. But then, I already knew I had a lot of work to do.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Real.....at least for me, my husband is as real as it gets. I couldn't live without him.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I believe it, and I have found mine. Real love takes work and few people are willing to put their all into anything these days. Relationships are painful at times, and just a pain in the *kitten* at times, but it takes the bad to see the good and vice versa.

and P.S.
    I don't look at my relationship with my husband as someone to claim half my stuff or depress me. Maybe you just need to date differ types of people?! Keep looking! :wink:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Ppl can be suckers

Who you callin' a sucka? Sucka!!