Fake Activity Calories?

Options

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people want to log 1500 calories burned doing 6 hours of dusting or whatever as long as they don't go eating all those calories "back" and then wonder why they aren't losing weight.
  • gattogurl
    gattogurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wear my fitbit daily, so my steps are tracked and calories added depending on those steps. When I was tracking manually, I would only track if I went for a walk to used one of the machines at the gym.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I log breathing.

PapaverSomniferum burned 37 calories in 6000 minutes doing " Breathing Light to Moderate Effort "

LOOL
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    The only thing I log, other than actual exercise, is washing the car (I scrub it by hand vigorously and it gives my arms a workout) and if I play my bass for more than four hours in a day (I'm a symphony musician). I started logging playing my bass when I realized that on the days that I had two rehearsals or a rehearsal and then a concert, I was really hungry at the end of the day. Another musician pointed out that I probably needed to up my calories on those days, so now I log it as exercise.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I only log , real cardio burning sessions. I do weightlifting along with cardio but do not log that even though I burn calories, because this sight does not allow you to compute that .
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    if i break a sweat when cleaning i count it...shoveling the driveway, i count it, walking dogs of course..but cooking dinner..yeah..not so much..
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't care if people want to log 1500 calories burned doing 6 hours of dusting or whatever as long as they don't go eating all those calories "back" and then wonder why they aren't losing weight.

^^^^
    THIS! I've unfriended people because I get tired of seeing them logging crap then whining because no matter how hard they try they just can't lose. It has to be a slow metabolism or some disease or just that they are that special snowflake not that they logged all kinds of stupid things and then ate those calories back. If you have to log every move you make all day to get more food then you still haven't gotten your head into a place where you're going to lose and maintain. Thin people don't go around all day thinking "Wow, I went up and down stairs today a couple times so I can have 2 extra cookies". It's a fat person's mindset that makes you seek to justify your food intake.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I log breathing.

PapaverSomniferum burned 37 calories in 6000 minutes doing " Breathing Light to Moderate Effort "

LOOL

:laugh:
  • ladyshills
    Options
    They might as well log breathing in my opinion! I don't log activity points for general day to day moving around. Yesterday I took down all my Christmas decorations & even though this is not normal activity I didn't log since I didn't feel like I was doing something deliberatly to work out.
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Noop I don't log it because I'm a stay at home person right now ,,that's the only move ment I get ,but for people peoplewith jobs out side the home ,and very busy then I don't see a harm.its extra for them each there own no jugement call here ,
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that quite a few people add "sitting, sewing" and other activities like "food preparation" into their activity log ad some people rack up a few hundred extra calories from "cleaning, light effort."

Honestly, do these activities, especially the sitting ones, actually rack up an extra burnt calories because to me it's sedentary.... If its worked for you and you're losing weight- please let me know!

Basically, any extra calories to add to my total would be welcomed!

Any cleaning I've added is stuff outside of the norm - scrubbing the bathroom with a scrubbrush, hardcore reorganizing and moving of items, etc. I used it the other day for when I was at work reorganizing our "cage" where we keep all of our giveaways - it was 40 minutes of lifting boxes, moving things around, etc and I really worked up a sweat! :D Basic stuff like putting groceries away or a quick sweep of the floor I wouldn't count, though.
  • AnuMe901
    Options
    I think you're only cheating yourself when u do that. JMO
  • Manleymomof2
    Manleymomof2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I consider any calories I burn "cleaning the house" or doing household/daily chores a bonus. I have never logged them as calories burned so I could eat more. If you go over your calories you need to "exercise" more, not wash the dishes and call it even. :flowerforyou:
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't count these as activities designed to burn calories, build muscle tone and or do any thing other than carry out day to day life activities. It would be like logging breathing...
  • mommycline
    mommycline Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I only add cleaning when I am not stop moving doing it and it takes up an hour or more of my day. I recognize in daily activities when I am doing things that are not the norm and burn calories.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that quite a few people add "sitting, sewing" and other activities like "food preparation" into their activity log ad some people rack up a few hundred extra calories from "cleaning, light effort."

Honestly, do these activities, especially the sitting ones, actually rack up an extra burnt calories because to me it's sedentary.... If its worked for you and you're losing weight- please let me know!

Basically, any extra calories to add to my total would be welcomed!

Honestly, and sorry if I'm being *****y, but I don't think these things are diary worthy. These are items that you do, as your daily life. I count exercise as anything that you intentionally do to lose weight... sewing, preparing food, and cleaning... no. Those are activities that you need to do to live, not lose weight. I see those as well, and I never say anything to the people directly, because that's just disrespectful, but I don't count them as calorie deficits. And, I've heard of the monthly deep cleaning argument, but that's still cleaning. Sure, you burned up a sweat and got your heart rate going, but it's cleaning, not exercise.
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Well yesterday I created an entry that said I burned 1 calorie doing 720 minutes of sitting on my butt, vigorous effort. :smokin:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I posted '..burnt 3 calories knitting for 40 minutes' ... It may have been more like 5 though. I dropped and picked up a few stitches.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options

^^^^
    THIS! I've unfriended people because I get tired of seeing them logging crap then whining because no matter how hard they try they just can't lose. It has to be a slow metabolism or some disease or just that they are that special snowflake not that they logged all kinds of stupid things and then ate those calories back. If you have to log every move you make all day to get more food then you still haven't gotten your head into a place where you're going to lose and maintain. Thin people don't go around all day thinking "Wow, I went up and down stairs today a couple times so I can have 2 extra cookies". It's a fat person's mindset that makes you seek to justify your food intake.

Yes!! And I love the special snowflake analogy! Our bodies all work the same! We may not want to do things that work, but you can't argue yourself into losing weight! Spending all day justifying how you're different and how proper diet and exercise doesn't work for you and then complain to everyone how you aren't losing weight. I used to be just like that!!! I'm no longer dilusional. And it's working!!!
  • minihearts
    Options
    ...really? lmao