Lost 100 pounds in 6 months... many progress pics!

Options

Replies

• tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    They motivate me, too! This is the time when a bunch of the New Year's Resolutioners stop going to the gym -- I'd love to see the gym PACKED all year round. I'd do anything to prevent people leaving.

I love your outlook on this! I agree..and congratulations!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    awesome job! :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    awesome job! :)
  • katattak73
    Options
    thats really great to hear! its so freekin hard at times to stay under calories and yes i do want to eat 5 slices of pizza sometimes and not feel guilty about it ;) you look great and awesome job!
  • ptroses
    ptroses Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Reply to cfilipi, the gal with a 50 lb. weight loss challenge-goal 2014:

The story you shared seems as though I am listening to my very own story, although I'm going to be 43 this year. I would love to get down to the weight I was 9 months pregnant, 20 years ago! I have a lot to loose now, close to 100 lbs, but I'm starting with a goal of 65 to start.
  • tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @nicholegrey I'm glad you bought my book on Amazon -- thank you! It's really not a money making venture (priced at $3.44 and all), but I did it because it was hard to people to find my blog for the first time and get a real feel for my weight loss struggle and journey... the blog currently has 700+ posts and counting spread out since 2009. Please stay in touch. Add me on MyFitnessPal and make sure to add me on Facebook (facebook.com/sweeks) -- I want to see you succeed!
  • BuhbyeBooty
    Options
    Incredible transformation and amazing attitude! So impressed! :)
  • tyler
    tyler Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WOW! What an amazing transformation! And an inspiration to all of us.
    Did you hit a lot of plateau's as you were losing? If so, what did you do to get past them?

If I were you I would probably spend all my time in the mirror going 'Darn I look Gooooooddddd!' :smile:

Since my starting weight was so high (344 pounds), I didn't hit a plateau for a while. I was consuming a tooooon of calories to stay at 344 pounds, so I was able to shed 100 pounds pretty quickly without much fight. You can see my week by week weight loss progress for the first year on my blog if you're interested.

Once I reached about 225 pounds, then the weight started coming off more slowly. It's important not to change anything you're doing, other than maybe a little bit less calories every day... plateaus just require a lot of patience. Most people get discouraged though if they don't keep losing weight for a week or two, then they start (consciously or not) eating a little more in frustration. It makes the "plateau" even worse.

For better or worse, I don't stay in front of the mirror too much! It's a lot like never having enough money... sure, when you're poor (and I used to be very poor) you always go, "If only I had X amount of money, I'd never think about money again." That's not really the case. You could always need more money. It's the same thing with weight loss. When you're 344 pounds, you dream of being 225... but once you're at 225, you always think about, "Hmm, I wish my abs were more defined."

I'm not saying that to sound jaded or make it seem like I'm miserable, I'm FAR from it. I'm in love with life. I'm very happy, but I'm not easily content. I just want to be honest though and let you know all sides of my story :)
  • Cherie7575
    Options
    They motivate me, too! This is the time when a bunch of the New Year's Resolutioners stop going to the gym -- I'd love to see the gym PACKED all year round. I'd do anything to prevent people leaving.

So nice to hear you say this. It's so discouraging to hear the regular gym go-ers complain about the newbies and how crowded it is, to the point of saying things like, they'll quit soon. Everyone was new once.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I plan on looking at all the pics when I get on my computer. Congrats! U look great!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    @Rockawaybulld:

I have loose skin on my stomach. Nothing works to get rid of it -- creams, potions, whatever, all scams. I also had loose skin around my armpits (as does everyone who loses a lot of weight), but I've been able to add muscle in that area and eliminate most of that.

Exhibit A:

http://www.344pounds.com/2012/12/weigh-in-results-week-202/

I don't really let the loose skin bother me. I'd rather have a little bit of loose skin than 100+ extra pounds to carry around. So, I'll deal with it.
    When I start bulking, does tht mean the loose skin in my armpit area will minimize too? I really hope so.
  • mnrooney06
    Options
    awesome
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Edit your first post to include some pics dude :)
  • raiderlifer53
    raiderlifer53 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    great job , makes my goal of dropping 25 lbs seem easy. Congratulations!
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats on your success, such an inspiring story!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tyler and congrats!
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You are quite the inspiration! :)
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congrats. Very inspirational :)
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Fantasticle buddy. I'm gonna rock it today so I can be like you! Haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!