fast food

Options
I don't understand how people can eat fast food! Taco Bell can't even call their meat beef because it contains so little actual meat and then they stuff it with chemical and flavoring. Mcdonalds and burger king never molds. How is that possible! You tell people this and they still go and order a big mac! So gross. At least KFC uses real chicken, although they fry the health benefits right out of it and Wendy's uses real American raised beef. still tastes gross.. I also tried explaining to one of my friends that if a salad has 500 calories in it, then it's not healthy... they just don't get it.

I haven't eaten it in years.

Replies

• sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I eat once a year. Only to realise again how much I don't like the taste. Everything tastes so weird. If I make french fries at home that tastes so real, but at Mc* it just tastes... plastic.

If I want to binge I'd much rather go to a proper restaurant recommended by the Gault Millau than to a junk food place...
  • julesan902
    julesan902 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm. Fries supreme! Stop telling me to not enjoy these delicious foods. Obviously people know that it's bad for them. Let us die happy and ignorant!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What makes a 500 calorie salad bad for you?
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a medal? I rarely eat fast food but don't feel the need to berate those who do.

So ya woop de woop for you
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well good for you. I'm glad you feel so superior.
  • Nancy_hc
    Nancy_hc Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The better I've stared eating, the less appealing fast food is to me. Just doesn't taste the same anymore. But I still will eat it on occasion and see nothing wrong with that.
  • csimpson954
    Options
    I eat fast food every weekday for lunch because as a mom of 3 school agers, I just don't want to make time to deal with making it. And I sit at a front desk and don't have a private place to eat in at work on my hour long lunch break. I eat salads with grilled chicken and dressing. The dressing adds most of the calories btw. And wendys Cobb salad is also popped up by the blue cheese and bacon, all real. I also eat grilled snack wraps, no sauce and the shrimp scampi platter at long John silvers and a small chili with chive baked potato. Healthiest? Maybe not. But it fits my calories, fats, protein, and sodium, etc. It's a vast improvement over the angus deluxe with large fries and sweet tea that I used to consume some variation of 5x a week. If you don't like it, don't eat it. But there are healthier, whole food options for those that choose to use it. Sure, my own home cooking is better, but that hour with my children, husband or working out are more important to me personally.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    To each their own I guess. Some fast food is just dandy. I rather like a taco bell binge from time to time. I'd much rather have Chioptle but the nearest one is 30 min away.

And: http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/tacobell.asp
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    I may be missing the point here.....am I?
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how people can eat fast food! Taco Bell can't even call their meat beef because it contains so little actual meat and then they stuff it with chemical and flavoring. Mcdonalds and burger king never molds. How is that possible! You tell people this and they still go and order a big mac! So gross. At least KFC uses real chicken, although they fry the health benefits right out of it and Wendy's uses real American raised beef. still tastes gross.. I also tried explaining to one of my friends that if a salad has 500 calories in it, then it's not healthy... they just don't get it.

I haven't eaten it in years.
    Actually, that isn't true about Taco Bell.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    What makes a 500 calorie salad bad for you?

exactly. you are misinformed OP.

And if that's your opinion, then don't eat fast food. why let other peoples choices make you mad?? that's what I don't understand.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Because I actually could care less what you think, believe it or not.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    Sometimes people like the convenience of it when there's just no time to cook a meal.............especially (in my case) when you have small children.............or to treat yourself to an indulgence once in a while. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but don't knock those that make the choice in purchasing fast food.
  • ro_lambert
    Options
    Though it's gross, it's usually a quick fix. Not everyone ALWAYS has the time to cook a healthy meal. I agree with you though, I won't eat fast food. Only thing McDonald's is good for is when you're hung over, which says a lot about its product.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Because I actually could care less what you think, believe it or not.
    you could care less? then stop caring so much and care less!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    What makes a 500 calorie salad unhealthy? That's the point right? you just don't know.. I just ate an entire salad serving bowl full of salad with dressing on it and it was less then that.. I read the labels on those thing..Lots of unnecessary additions. It really doesn't take much effort to choose healthy foods. I just don't get it.

Sorry so many of you took offense. wasn't my intention.

Just having a conversation about it with someone and they made me think about stuff. People complaining about not being able to lose weight or how run down and crappy they feel, then they go to one of those places. if you can eat that food and still lose weight more power to you! I'm not really worried about weight, more-so the health aspects of it. I just don't it.

and I've seen the taco bell meat filling package.. it's not beef.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    People complaining about not being able to lose weight or how fun down and crappy they feel, then they go to one of those places.

That's why we are all here actually. Because people are not perfect and tend to find it hard to distance themselves from what they like. I personally don't like fast food (taste issues) but the people who like it are not perfect so they struggle with this. Everybody knows in 2012 already that it is not healthy. They just find it hard to resist it.
    I personally smoke. Others drink. Do meth. Break the law. Eat fast food. I am sure you have something too..
  • Topher1978
    Options
    If I eat a salad, there will be half an avacado, some sauteed steak or chicken thigh, and salsa or ranch and cheese on it. Healthy? Yes. I get my protein, my fat, and some of my carbs. Good fat, good protein and good carbs... for more than 500 calories...
  • Topher1978
    Options
    Also, I do not struggle with fast food, if I want it, I eat it. No struggle here.