• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Arby's Curly Fries . . . YUMM!
    With ketchup and mayonnaise.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Fast food gets eaten when people either don't cook at home.

Sometimes I get busy during the week, and don't have time to prepare a lunch to take to work. In that case, I eat out, and since I have to be back at my desk within a half hour, I get whatever is quick.

There are still lots of healthy options on fast food menus. For example, chili, salads, veggies, grilled chicken, fruit cups.... it doesn't have to be fried food or contain weird preservatives.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

How dare you????

Arby's horsey sauce. DA BOMB ON EVERYTHING.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    We were on a road trip and ate at BK.
    my 17 yr old son had a hamburger with onion rings and chicken nuggets on it....Oh to be 17 again! But I am not sure how he unhinged his jaw enough to eat it.
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat it but.. Arby's beef n cheddar/curly fries or Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich/chocolate frosty <3
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

well.. ok.

I guess i'm bad.

sorry for posting something i was thinking about.

and sorry it came off like i was holier then thou or something.

not my intention.

You stated your opinion, how is that bad? Did you come across too strong? Maybe. I choose to not eat at fast food joints. I will occasionally bring my 2 girls to burger king so they can have their chicken fries but I will not partake.
  • AnAmericanGirl2
    AnAmericanGirl2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    A grilled chicken sandwich with honey mustard and a small chili from Wendy's is 600 calories. Not a bad option for someone who works 55 hours a week. Chicken is chicken. Just sayin'.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    OMG. I haven't had Arby's in ages. I am so going to get curly fries RIGHT NOW! :drinker:
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    OMG. I haven't had Arby's in ages. I am so going to get curly fries RIGHT NOW! :drinker:

Always a favorite:)
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I eat only at in&out & chipotle & subway and its my choice so mind your business!
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    OP, I get what you're saying. I used to eat a lot of fast food until health and budget concerns changed that. Now I rarely eat it, but when I do, I'm unbelievably thirsty and feel like I have a brick in my stomach all day. It fills me up, but I don't feel as satisfied from it as when I cook something myself. Do I still eat it sometimes? Of course I do. And some of it tastes pretty darn good. But knowing how it will make me feel later makes me think twice about grabbing for it. Just my choice.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Fast food gets eaten when people either don't cook at home.

Sometimes I get busy during the week, and don't have time to prepare a lunch to take to work. In that case, I eat out, and since I have to be back at my desk within a half hour, I get whatever is quick.

There are still lots of healthy options on fast food menus. For example, chili, salads, veggies, grilled chicken, fruit cups.... it doesn't have to be fried food or contain weird preservatives.

everything on a fast food menu has weird preservatives. you're fooling yourself.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    also, most of you responding in this thread are acting like total d-bags.

so maybe the OP came off sounding a little holier than thou.... well... you're um... doing it right back... so...

irony.
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A is so good...
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds, especially the chicken wraps. They're energizing.
  • ylor89
    ylor89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to stay positive so here's what I think. :wink:

I'm a whopper kind of girl. And I'll always be a whopper kind of girl. Every person out there has at least one bad habit, right? So whoppers are mine. A girl I used to work with runs marathons and she averages 7-8 minutes per mile. And she smokes like crazy! She's been smoking for years, and she's been running for years. And she looks GREAT! She's 35 and when I first saw her, I thought she was 22 like me! Not promoting smoking... I'm just saying we've all got bad habits.

So once or twice a month, I'll treat myself to a whopper with extra onions and pickles. And no, I will not feel bad. I keep track of every calorie that goes into my body and I'll make adjustments on those "whopper days." And if I have to, I'll run a few extra laps.

Anyway, just because you've got one or two...or ten bad habits doesn't mean you won't amount to anything or that you can't achieve what others can.

And yes, you should be proud of yourself for not eating fast food. I knew some girls who boasted about it often... Yeah, we don't hang out. :tongue:

Good luck with everyone's fitness goals! :smile:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

NO! With three pepper sauce! :bigsmile:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Oh my new nemesis is the Angry Whopper. Road trip recently and tried one. God it was awesome.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    To borrow a line out of an 1980's era movie: "Fast food, it speeds your way to the grave!!!" On July 1, 2011, my eating fast food almost killed me.

That is why I have stayed away from that junk ever since.
  • FormerFatSlob
    Options
    Also, I do not struggle with fast food, if I want it, I eat it. No struggle here.

You, sir, are an incredibly lucky man. I hope you know that.