Focused on Fitness: Daily Check-In Group

Options

Replies

• Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... there's more pressure in the country than in LA??? Wha??? Where do you live?

Sounds like the yoga was good.. what kind do you do?

I missed checking in yesterday but I did Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Today I went for a run, in the RAIN, mind you. I felt like such a badass :) Had Alicia Keys' song "Superwoman" on my playlist - and was pretty convinced that I am one. :)

How are you doing so far?
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey Smiles, no I worded it wrong, there was noooo pressure in the country to look good - I meant LA. I was thinking of buying a Jillian DVD today but ran out of time. Walked for almost an hour and a half with a friend in my new Shape Ups - I really noticed the difference - I think they're great!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello all again,
    After being MIA for the last few days I am now back on track with the exercise programe. Reading everyones statements has spurred me on again. Well done everyone!
    I have been sticking to using the mountain of stairs instead of the lift and even managed to keep up with walking even though it's far too cold outside!

Smiles.....I tried the crunchies that you mentioned whilst brushing my teeth etc. I didn't feel as ridiculus as I thought I would so I will try to keep that one up. As for the hope of introducing a 5 min routine in the morning consisting of situps and leg curls......not quite found the motivation as yet :-S

Hopefully hitting the elliptical trainer when I get home :-)
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Hi smiles4miles

I was goning to ask if anyone has a 5 minute routine in the morning. I was thinking of some form of strength exercise or a routine of exercises that seems to be good for waking you up. But nothing longer than 5 mins as mornings are hectic enough as it is!

Managed to complete 15 mins on elliptical trainer and 2 sets of sit ups, 2 sets of arm curls

Seems as if everyone is starting to get into the swing of things now :-)

Hiya I was just browsing threads and wanted to offer up the Sun Salutation as a good 5 minute wakeup...it's a nice little yoga flow that is easy and has some strength and some stretching. Here's a good video...be sure to note where you inhale and exhale as that will make or break the experience. Just do it maybe 10 times through and then add a few crunches?

http://www.howcast.com/videos/249-How-To-Do-a-Basic-Sun-Salutation
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I will check that out - thank you for posting!
    I got in a BFBM workout today - pushed myself - it felt GOOD. (Well, it felt good to be DONE). :laugh:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hello all again,
    After being MIA for the last few days I am now back on track with the exercise programe. Reading everyones statements has spurred me on again. Well done everyone!
    I have been sticking to using the mountain of stairs instead of the lift and even managed to keep up with walking even though it's far too cold outside!

Smiles.....I tried the crunchies that you mentioned whilst brushing my teeth etc. I didn't feel as ridiculus as I thought I would so I will try to keep that one up. As for the hope of introducing a 5 min routine in the morning consisting of situps and leg curls......not quite found the motivation as yet :-S

Hopefully hitting the elliptical trainer when I get home :-)

Yay - glad to see you back! I also thought the crunchies would feel goofy (and they do) - my hunny makes a game out of trying to push me over.... so I end up laughing or smiling. It's a little hokey but well worth it!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :) Reporting in.... Yoga Booty Ballet (Latin Flavor) - cheesy, corny and oh so fun! LOL! Also did BL Cardio Max level 2 and 3. (10 minutes each).

It was supposed to be a "run" day but this felt like it would be so much more fun - and IT WAS! :bigsmile:
  • cha36jennings
    Options
    Reporting on the last 2 days........no specific exercises but I volunteered for all the running about jobs, which led to me walking continuosly for approximately 5 hours per day.
    today I'm taking it easy! lol
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    :) Extra running around adds up quicker than you'd think.
    I took a break from exercise this weekend... will be back at it tomorrow - and looking forward to it. I spent most of today in the car and was wishing to be moving around!
  • cha36jennings
    Options
    More running around today but thankfully I have plenty of time tomo to use the elliptical trainer.
    How is everyone else doing?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    We seem to be a very "come and go" thread. :)
    I did a new DVD today . It was BRUTAL. 56 minutes of... a challenge. I feel great about sticking with it.
  • kalmf
    Options
    Hey Smiles, what was the DVD?
    Karin
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey - it was No More Trouble Zones - by Jillian Michaels. It promises to get rid of wobbly areas, muffin tops, etc. I think it was such a challenge for me b/c it involves some strength training - and I typically enjoy cardio much more. My arms were SHAKING during much of it - I was soaked in sweat and hangin on by a thread. We'll see if I have the courage to try again tomorrow.

Went for a walk/jog with some sprint intervals today. It's a beautifully sunny day and it was the perfect way to spend an hour.
    How about you guys?
  • erodriquez
    Options
    What do you have to do to join?
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey there - nothing special! If you'd like a place to come to to report your activity, and get some encouragement, we're here for you. If you have specific goals, reasons why you'd like to be more active, feel free to share them so we can help motivate, inspire, celebrate with you.

I'm just finding it nice to have a group of peeps to check in with. You're most welcome to join us.:flowerforyou:
  • kalmf
    Options
    I feel like I haven't posted in ages, but maybe it's not as long as I think. But I noticed I haven't been keeping up with my diary as fastidiously as before, so I'm fessing up and re-committing. I've spent the past few days moving furniture around so have been exhausted but happy to be burning calories. I think I've been overdoing it with the wine a bit, so I'm going to rein myself in there. I think that's my whole confession! Thanks for listening/reading.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Uh oh.... our thread is slippin....
    Hey Karin - I've been there with the logging.... this past week actually! Had some distractions and really just haven't been as tied into MFP this week. On top of that, I've been sick.

How's it going since your re-commitment?

Also, I feel ya on the wine. I *heart* wine.

Didn't feel like doing anything strenuous, exercise wise today, but pushed myself to do a bit. Combined 3 different short DVD's that are super easy and low impact for a results of moderate (intentional) exercise. Not great but good enough.
  • kalmf
    Options
    Allright, I just committed on my other group (5 pounds a month - you're welcome to join us) that I will exercise 60 minutes a day from tomorrow till the end of the month because I need to get that scale moving - I'm just kind of sluggish - Strong, but sluggish. I'm not a runner because I have really bad knees, but I'm someone quoted an article from Runner's World that made interval training seem like a really good way to kick start the metabolism. So off I go. I'll check in during my post work out cocktail!:drinker:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Oh, thanks for the invite.... I would join over there but haven't been too successful with setting goals of losing a specified amount in a time frame. Guess it couldn't hurt to try again.

60 mins a day - from tomorrow til the end of the month is absolutely do-able.... good luck to you!

I'm still sick with some kind of throat thing, and my energy is the lowest its been in a long time. Only exercise for me today was yoga class... just gargled salt water and hoping that helps, if it doesn't, I might have to cave in and make a dr. appointment.
  • kalmf
    Options
    Hey Smiles, hope you're feeling better!