CALLING ALL BUSTY GIRLS

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    There are size reducing bras. A lot depends on how the bra moves them around on how you fit in a dress. So go up and forward (missile woman), some give more cleavage and are high (tend to fit better in dresses), some widen you out and flatten a bit. I had to completely refit my bras once I lost weight. In fact, I was just thinking yesterday I need to refit a second time. I went up for a D to a DD, but the band size went in 4".

I have also learned to do a little sewing so I fit the shoulder and alter the waist a touch to really show it all off.
  • britnik29
    britnik29 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a 42F. I breastfed my daughter for a year and just finished about a month ago. They are still drying but almost there but have not shrunk at all. Granted I have only lost 8.8 pounds so far so I am hoping that they will start getting back to my normal D before I get all the way done. It is very frustrating to go shopping just to have to get a size bigger. I was very disappointed they have not changed at all since stopping breastfeeding. But I guess we will see how it goes!
  • lexivenus
    lexivenus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I wear a DDD cup, the first time I lost weight, I didn't notice a change until I was a good 45 pounds down , and I still didn't even shrink anymore than half a cup size. I think it does add more bulk to my body and I look much bigger than I am because I am so busty, and it seems almost impossible to find dresses and shirts that accommodate bust line without me having to go a size up. I don't think many of the chest exercises work very well for me either. However, many of my girlfriends always tell me how they would kill to have my problem.
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm just worried about whether they'll end up all "dangly" or something. :frown:

Overall, have lost more than 50 lbs and two cup sizes (DDD to a D in Lane Bryant bras). And, yes, unless you're some young thing, they do end up not where they used to be! :laugh:
  • MrsTaryn
    Options
    Ive got the other end of the stick. You ladies are making me jealous. I was an A before breastfeeding, C while breastfeeding. And literally nothing now. I think they call it AA.
    The more weight i lose the flatter chested i get o_O
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Haha I started out a 36D... Now I'm down to a 30DDD or DDDD depending on the brand XD
  • divijverma
    Options
    get a breast reduction
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I had boobs even when I weighed 130lbs (large C/D).
    At 237lbs I was an F, now, 50lbs down, I'm still an E. I think I'm going to have to get pretty close to my goal before I see the next cup size down ):

If you see a dress etc you want, get it to fit your boobs and have it taken in. It doesn't cost much in the UK for a quick tailoring job like that, and it's much nicer to have something that fits you properly!

If you can't tailor it, you can always MAKE a new seam by folding the material inwards and sticking it together with interfacing.
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    I am a very busty girl. I'm happier now, but it has caused me so much upset and trauma in the past and completely shattered my confidence when I was at school and had a fragile ego. A lot of people don't understand how much it can affect you. I've always been slightly overweight but my boobs just do not match my body at all. I wear a J cup and size 12/14 jeans. I can wear tops ranging in size from 10 to 18. :( A few years ago when I first discovered Bravissimo (HOORAY!) I was only a H cup (I can't believe I'm looking back and saying ONLY H, at the time I was beyond horrified) My boobs just kept getting bigger and bigger. I think it was because I was on the birth control pill, so I don't take it any more (for other reasons too... like the fact it turns me into an evil witch) I worry that I have some kind of hormonal problem, why else would my boobs be so big?
    I'm desperately hoping that now I'm getting fitter and aiming to lose weight (only been here a few days!!) they will shrink. I hear girls complain that when they lose weight it goes from the boobs first, which is where they want to keep it. I just hope this can be true for me. I'm also hoping the strength exercises can improve my posture, which I think I can see already, a little :D
    I just want to be able to live comfortably on a day to day basis. Mine are so big that they hurt constantly just from their own weight when I'm not wearing a bra. Women talk about the relief of taking your bra off at the end of the day; for me, it hurts!
    I love dresses and usually get so disheartened when clothes shopping and I have to think 'I can't wear that' 'I can't wear that'... I have never thought of actually getting the bigger sizes and having them tailored! Sounds obvious but wow! Thanks for that suggestion :D
  • JezziedotM
    JezziedotM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction in 06. I was a DD/E before, the op. afterwards I have remained a C, even after packing on close to 30kg!

The reduction is one of he best things I've ever done :)
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    Well, I finally did it. I had my breast reduction surgery this morning! I'm not exactly sure what size I'm going to end up as...either a C or a D, but, I'll be happy with either. I was a 40DDDDD (40 H), so anything smaller is definitely a great improvement. So happy to finally have this done!!!:heart:
  • teena2421
    Options
    Same here. Too fit the girls the shoulders are too big. The first thing I did when I lost 40 pounds two years ago was by shirts that fit they still only went down from did to d,but things fit nicely.some women loose it there first.I never lost that much.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    38 DD here. I now fit in 36 DD after losing almost 20 lb. I really hope I get down to a D when I finally lose more... C would be dandy.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Push Ups (the exercise, not the bra).
  • candycoateddeana
    Options
    I wish my DD's will go down too. I can never wear a bustier unless it is custom made.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Started at a 36FF and I'm down to a 30DD with about 8 pounds of weight left to lose. I don't think I'm going to get below a DD unless I have surgery so I've gotten used to having to get things tailored.
  • dactonaw
    dactonaw Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Now I can't say too much for personal knowledge, because genetics always play a factor but in skin in general you will loose weight then the skin sometimes takes a while to shrink, I lost 95 pounds so far myself and that skin still hangs around, but due to adipose tissue build up (which is a major factor in breasts) they tend to be some of the last weight lost, because it is crystallized harder fat. Genetics will always play a part but, most of it is that the weight loss is new so the skin hasn't tightened, and also it is a tougher type of harder to lose fast. The old saying that the last few pounds are the hardest ones to lose is generally true because of adipose fat tissue. in most people it tends to be those last few pounds. Don't give up, it just may be one of the last things you lose is all. It is generally true for men also except for them it tends to be in the last bit of the stomach area to get abdominal muscles showing
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ////
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 before i joined here.... and my girls havent gone down. Still DD. I dont know what to tell you. I am scared they will get uber saggy as i keep losing weight but at the same time I want them to go away because nothing ever fits...
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Wish I'd lose some off the bust - still dealing with DDs and they're no fun. Can't find armour/chest protection to fit me, let alone shirts, and they bounce too much doing horseback riding.

I seem to be losing only from the waist - my breasts and hips are still the same size, but I've lost 3 inches in the middle!