Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I didnt have a happy weigh in either...well it was ok!:grumble:
    LW- 230.0
    CW- 228.4
    Loss of 1.6lbs

This is good I am happy with it but yesterday morning the scale was at 227!!! I ate under 2000mg of sodium yesterday and tons of water..my new found muscles must be retaining water, SOB!!!:explode:

awestfall: -1.2 = .51%
    bluenote: -1 = .23%
    madgoth: -1 = ?? how is this calculated?
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    jlb123: -2.4 = 1.12%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    Solandra: 0 = 0

On another note, I am SICK! I woke up with a sore throat, sinus pain and overall body pain. I am resting today and through the weekend. I need it! I planned on repeating week 4 of c25k anyways, might even do it 3 times, lol

Ok seriosuly I gotta go lay down I feel awful,

Cris

edited- to add solandra's weigh in, we must have posted at the same time!
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    so.. Calories.. great
    Water.. Fabulous
    Exercise Yep yep
    Proud... I am proud that even though I ended up at 3 different stores today I did NOT buy those candy coated melt in your mouth chocolate eggs from cabury! That is a pretty great feat for me. smiley-excited002.gif

Well.. I am off to bed.. See you all tomorrow!
    smiley-face-night.gif

Cadbury eggs are my nemesis!!! I have to completely stay away from them in the stores, and told my family that under no circumstances are they to buy any for me!!!!!
    christmas, i did ok....Valentines, did ok. Easter Candy....FRICK!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to eat a Cadbury cream filled egg sometime in the near future. But this year, just one, or maybe 2. No shoving like 3 of them in my mouth one after the other like I've done in the past. :embarassed:
    Yes, my candy addiction was in fact disgusting.

Cris, hope you feel better!
    About your weigh-in, it's not only possible your muscles are retaining water, but it's always possible you were a little dehydrated when you weighed yesterday. A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, so even very slight dehydration can make a difference of a pound or 2.
    I weighed 211.6 Sunday after I drank several beers and very little water Saturday night. But the rest of this week I've weighed 212-213 until today, when I'm back down to 211.6. But this time, I was less dehydrated. :wink:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

Cris, hope you feel better!
    About your weigh-in, it's not only possible your muscles are retaining water, but it's always possible you were a little dehydrated when you weighed yesterday. A gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, so even very slight dehydration can make a difference of a pound or 2.

Thanks JLB!! I guess Im upset cause my numbers have been around 227-228 (under 228- lowest being 227 yesterday) all week and after dinner last night it skyrocketed (remember scale addiction) Somehow I dont think that my dinner was as low in sodium as I predicted. :grumble: I also drink about 1 gallon of water a day, so its doubtful that I was dehydrated..dunno. Either way my body is rebelling and telling me to slow down. I can not wait to get home and crawl into my bed...i hurt :sad:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    Solandra: 0
    snowflakes: -2.6 = .98%

My husband surprised me this week with a pair of the Reebok Easytone shoes. So far they are very comfy.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    snowflakes: Yay to your husband for getting you the Easytones. You'll have to let me know how they are as the next week goes by. I want a pair, but have been holding off because I can't decide between Easytones and the Skecher ones.

Cogirl: I'm with you on the Cadbury candy shell eggs. I ate some a few weekends ago and found the that tiny pack you get at the gas station is about 210-240 calories. Yikes!

Cris: I'll keep the DIF in mind. I have a wallpaper steamer and so far that has worked well as long as I score the paper first with the handy scoring tool. I have a feeling the bathroom won't be affected by steam, though, since it's not peeling after hundreds of showers.

Checking in for yesterday:
    Calories: about 500 over
    Sodium: Over
    Water: 18 oz.
    Exercise: Chasing my horse in the pasture.
    Proud: That I limited myself to three Girl Scout cookies (1 serving) when I really wanted to eat more.

So, I've discovered my weight loss obstacle pattern. Last year when I was working on losing weight, I sabotaged myself at month 4 and am seeing the signs of it happening again (month 4, again). I'm eating when I'm not hungry and know that I'm already over my calories, I'm not drinking my water and I'm not exercising. All of this has added up to a slight increase on the scale again. While I was blaming it on TOM earlier this week, TOM left yesterday so I can't use that scapegoat anymore. I honestly don't know why I sabotage myself and I do not want to throw all of the hard work away this time. I WILL keep losing weight. If the first step is admitting I have a problem, consider Step 1 complete.

meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    hajohnson: 0 = 0%
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    Positively: NO weight loss i gained 2 pounds

I am not sure why i gain 2 pounds this week. I worked out an hour everyday this week...i watched my calories ( to the T), also watched my sodium and fat, so what could it be. Can i blame it on TOM...it should be paying a visit some time this week...i can feel the pain/cramps.

I quest this tells me i should "shock my metabolism." I feel so frustrated because all the hard work i put myself throught and not a loss on the scale...but i am not going to use food for comfort...like i did in the past. I will wait until tomorrow and have my fatty meal..hopefully i will see a loss in the near future...cross my fingers..

Good luck ot all this week!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%

I am not sure why i gain 2 pounds this week. I worked out an hour everyday this week...i watched my calories ( to the T), also watched my sodium and fat, so what could it be. Can i blame it on TOM...it should be paying a visit some time this week...i can feel the pain/cramps.

I quest this tells me i should "shock my metabolism." I feel so frustrated because all the hard work i put myself throught and not a loss on the scale...but i am not going to use food for comfort...like i did in the past. I will wait until tomorrow and have my fatty meal..hopefully i will see a loss in the near future...cross my fingers..

I am right there with you girl! I worked my every loving butt off this week and watched my diet like CrAzY!! And I gained a pound!! WTH!? Maybe I need to shock my metabolism too. Who knows!? Hang in there. We'll both get through this horrible weigh in.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, thought I would dip into the 230's today but I'm still at 240. Thats okay though, atleast I didnt gain and get away from my 20 pound mark! I hope to see some results tomorrow.

awestfall: -1.2 = 0.51%
    bluenote: -1 = 0.23%
    madgoth: -1 = 0.40%
    meokk 0 -1 = 0.49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    snowflakes: -2.6 = 0.98%
    MariSama: -2.2 = 0.91%

Here's my check in for yesterday:

Calories: under
    Water: Right on
    Exercise: 25 cardio, 30 strength
    Proud: I tried going to the gym different days this week.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%

I am right there with you girl! I worked my every loving butt off this week and watched my diet like CrAzY!! And I gained a pound!! WTH!? Maybe I need to shock my metabolism too. Who knows!? Hang in there. We'll both get through this horrible weigh in.

Hey positively and jess,
    I worked out every day this week which was huge for me and I feel good but my weight loss was not what I expected.
    I'm curious, are you both eating some, all or none of your exercise calories?
    I ate most of mine and I'm wondering if that was too much.

Meokk
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Pos, are you eating any of your exercise calories? I wasn't and when I hit a plateau, I started eating about half (unless I burned a CRAZY amount of calories). Really, I guess what I did was start eating an average of about 200 calories more each day (was eating 1200 now I'm eating 1400 or so). After about 2 weeks of this and increasing my protein intake, I started losing weight again. 1.8 pounds last week and 2.4 this week. It's working for me right now.
    If what you're doing isn't working, you gotta start making adjustments to find what will work. :smile: And once you make a change, like eating some of your exercise calories, you have to give it several weeks to see if it's working. Our bodies have to have time to adjust.

Jess -- if you're not used to working out that much, I'd bank on your muscles retaining water.

And yes, PLEASE shock your metabolism! :laugh: I'm pretty sure I'm going to shock mine this weekend even though I don't need to. I can't hold out on the sesame bean curd any longer. :embarassed:

We're all different with what our bodies need to lose weight. Some people don't need to eat any exercise calories. I thought I was one of those people since for 5 months I had great success not eating any of them. But when I hit the block I knew I had to change something, and since eating less and exercising more wasn't a healthy option, I decided to try eating more. Lo and behold! :laugh: I'll take it!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Pos, are you eating any of your exercise calories? I wasn't and when I hit a plateau, I started eating about half (unless I burned a CRAZY amount of calories). Really, I guess what I did was start eating an average of about 200 calories more each day (was eating 1200 now I'm eating 1400 or so). After about 2 weeks of this and increasing my protein intake, I started losing weight again. 1.8 pounds last week and 2.4 this week. It's working for me right now.
    If what you're doing isn't working, you gotta start making adjustments to find what will work. :smile: And once you make a change, like eating some of your exercise calories, you have to give it several weeks to see if it's working. Our bodies have to have time to adjust.

Jess -- if you're not used to working out that much, I'd bank on your muscles retaining water.

And yes, PLEASE shock your metabolism! :laugh: I'm pretty sure I'm going to shock mine this weekend even though I don't need to. I can't hold out on the sesame bean curd any longer. :embarassed:

We're all different with what our bodies need to lose weight. Some people don't need to eat any exercise calories. I thought I was one of those people since for 5 months I had great success not eating any of them. But when I hit the block I knew I had to change something, and since eating less and exercising more wasn't a healthy option, I decided to try eating more. Lo and behold! :laugh: I'll take it!

I was doing the DVD's 3 times a week or so on a regular basis and this week I did one Saturday-Wednesday and then again this morning. So I'm hoping that's what's going on. Or with TOM being in town to for my awesome visit. Maybe a combo of both. I'm eating about 1300 calories and not eating any of my exercise calories back. I was eating 1400 and not eating any exercise caories and that was when I had a big loss I think if I remember correctly. So maybe I need to eat more. I'm not really sure. I did up my protein starting this week though because I don't think I was eating nearly enough. I changed up my diet a lot this week. But I'm going out for Mexican food tonight and I'm going to enjoy it and see what happens come Monday!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I just caved! My coworker came around taking orders for Broadway pizza and instead of saying "No", I hmmed and hawed a bit before saying "okay." This now means I have a bbq chicken pizza coming my way. Why am I so weak this week?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I just caved! My coworker came around taking orders for Broadway pizza and instead of saying "No", I hmmed and hawed a bit before saying "okay." This now means I have a bbq chicken pizza coming my way. Why am I so weak this week?

Just eat a slice or 2.

Confession: I had pizza Tuesday, Wednesday, AND yesterday. :laugh: But I had 2 slices Tuesday for dinner, 2 slices Wednesday for lunch, and 1 slice with my dinner last night. Pizza can be a-okay! Yum! Enjoy!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    meokk 0 -1 = 49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%

I know how you feel my TOM is due anyday now thats why I took my weigh in from yesterday because this morning I was up 3 pounds and I am cramping too but no TOM yet so I am blaming mine on that because I have done everything else right this week.I am going to say its probably fluids so just sit tight it will come back off.Sometimes it SUCKS being a girl but whaT can you do.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    awestfall: -1.2 = 0.51%
    bluenote: -1 = 0.23%
    madgoth: -1 = 0.40%
    meokk 0 -1 = 0.49%
    Cris20056 -1.6= 0.7%
    snowflakes: -2.6 = 0.98%
    MariSama: -2.2 = 0.91%
    momma -2.8 = 1.10%
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Great job to all you losers!!! (it feels weird to say that) I am not weighing in this week because I am boycotting the scale.. I am fairly certain I have lost but, I have been beating myself up because it seems like I gain 2 lbs I loose 2 lbs. So.. for me we will just skip this week!

Momma.. I hope all is going well for you. I miss your posts! 2.8 lbs.. Wow.. that is fabulous!
    Jib.. you are an inspiration! all that hard work is paying off!
    Mari.. look at you go!!

I will check back in later! GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!
  • Positively_Me
    Options

Thanks Jess...i am so annoyed because i have no clue what else to do....thanks for your encouragement. we can do this!:heart:

Thanks Jib for responding too:flowerforyou:

here is what i have been doing for the past 3 months....the beginging of the year i was eating 1300 calories and i didn't lose weight but i gained 2 pounds, and the cycle 2pound gain then 2pound loss, so i lowered my calories to 1200...thinking that was the problem. the first week i lost the 2 pounds and the following week i was stuck...NO loss. I was exercise 30 minutes 4- 5 days a week when i was eating 1300 and 1200 calories...i didn't change my exercise routine until recently...i changed it from 30 to 40 to now 1 hour a day ( 6 days a week)..and i am still eating 1200 calories...and i don't eat ANY of my exercise calories, unless i am still hungry by the end of the day.

I feel so depressed because i worked so hard to see a decrease in weight, but No I gain weight instead. I need someone's help to give me the guideance to help me lose weight...

Thanks girls for your help..and don't worry i am NOT giving up...this weight will come off..
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    I know how you feel my TOM is due anyday now thats why I took my weigh in from yesterday because this morning I was up 3 pounds and I am cramping too but no TOM yet so I am blaming mine on that because I have done everything else right this week.I am going to say its probably fluids so just sit tight it will come back off.Sometimes it SUCKS being a girl but whaT can you do.

Thanks Awestfall! YOu are so sweet...i needed some motivation today... Thanks for your help! It might be TOM but sometimes you want to see what you worked so hard for...one day, hopefully, i will see the my weight decrease...
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Pos -- take my advice for what it's worth (I dunno). I think you should start eating some of your exercise calories. Because eating LESS certainly isn't an option and what you're doing isn't working. So why not slowly increase them (add about 50 calories every few days) until you're eating 25% of them and give that a few weeks. If in 3-4 weeks, you're still not seeing results, increase them slowly again to 50% and see how that works for a few weeks, etc. At some point you'll find what makes your body comfortable to start dropping fat again.