Diet Sodas?

Options
What are some good tasting Diet Sodas? I loath Diet Coke. I do however like Diet Mountain Dew... are there any other good ones out there??

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I liked diet dr. pepper
  • fysty75
    fysty75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Zevia
  • terbeest2009
    terbeest2009 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke as well but I like Diet Pepsi. I also like Fresca if they even make that anymore - it's a very refreshing taste.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke as well but I like Diet Pepsi. I also like Fresca if they even make that anymore - it's a very refreshing taste.
    Yep Diet Pepsi for me too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Fresca is tasty. Coke Zero is better than Diet Coke. I'm also a big fan of just plain seltzer.
  • SerenityPhoenix
    SerenityPhoenix Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was raised on Diet Pepsi LOL. I still want to quit pop all together, but I need my caffeine, and I don't always have time to do coffee.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict, that is not a healthy state of affairs if so.
  • erookjr
    erookjr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Love Diet Dr Pepper... probably my favorite. Then Diet Sundrop and Diept Pepsi.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    sorry, the only one I drink its diet coke :smile:
  • Knog
    Knog Posts: 4
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper is good....I also like Fresca or even Minute Maid Lite
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    You'll just have to try different ones since everyone's preferences are different, but personally I like Diet Cherry Pepsi and other generic diet cherry sodas.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Diet Sunkist.

Thank me later
  • lisar135
    lisar135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict, that is not a healthy state of affairs if so.
  • lisar135
    lisar135 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I works a 12 hour night shift from 7pm to 7am. I am not addicted to anything. I use caffeine as way to remain alert and active, if you have an alternative please suggest it. Diet soda has less caffeine then coffee or other beverages that have caffeine in them.
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    sorry, but diet sodas are NOT healthy for you.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is so bad for you, I can't recommend any flavor. Growing evidence shows that Aspartame is just awful for you in many ways, just as NutraSweet was before it, and saccharine before that. It tastes terrible and it's basically poison. Google side effects of aspartame, or health effects of aspartame. Diet soda is not a healthy alternative.

They do make soda with stevia, found in health food stores (I found it in Sprouts), and probably Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. I personally didn't care for the taste but it may be worth trying for you.

I would recommend sparkling water with 2 oz. of your favorite healthy juice, like pomegranate, added to it. I find it very tasty and very few calories.

if you don't already drink diet soda regularly, why start?
  • animemoon5
    animemoon5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Zevia!!!

I used to be addicted to diet coke, (two 64 oz fountain drinks per day) and I soon realized I needed to stop.... mostly because of things like aspartame and other things.... I was trying to get off the artificial garbage, and avoid extra chemicals that could be messing with my system, I have a ton of health problems, and I don't need anything else contributing to things like migraines and dizziness...

Unfortunately, I couldn't get off the "fizzy drinks" and I couldn't afford the calories of going from diet to sugar flavored drinks.... So I found whole foods carried "Zevia" it's a line of diet drinks that are all natural, and no aspartame, sweetened with stevia which is soo much better for you! Unfortunately they are a bit pricy... I could buy a 12 pack of coke or pepsi products for $3 on sale.... Zevia can be up to $6 for a 6pk... However that just made me limit my soda intake more and start relying on water instead ...

But I enjoy the taste, they have a cola flavor, I don't care for that, it reminds me of diet-rite soda, I prefer creme soda, or they have your typical fruit flavors, (orange, cherry, grape and lemon lime) they also have a ginger root beer...
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I like coke zero, havin one now, cherry coke zero, and pepsi max
  • not_a_coward
    Options
    It's a little harder to find nowadays, but I really like Diet Rite.
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options

That's not 100% true. Caffeine isn't really the issue, it's the foods it comes in that are typically bad for you. I've gone years without caffeine, only to sleep the entire time. Caffeine is a natural substance. I've done a lot of research into alternate sources of caffeine....

As to the question, Tab if you can find it. It's the bright pink can. Made by Coke, tastes like Coke Zero but with a flavor I can only describe as "spiced."