Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I prefer Diet A&W Root Beer, Cherry Coke Zero (or regular), or Sprite Zero/ Diet 7 - Up.
  • abannon123
    abannon123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    its cause diet coke is the bestest! :smile: :smile:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't need a study to tell me how bad it is.
    After drinking soda, diet or not, i feel thristy, my mouth is dry, i feel bloated and have to drink water anyway.
    So there is no point.
    Listen to your body.. it knows what is good for it.

Oh and if your gonna drink soda anyway.. do it right.. Drink old fashioned sassparilla and not the new age diet version.
  • bj9686
    bj9686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Diet A&W Root Beer - caffeine free & zero calories!!!
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows diet soda is bad for you, but jeez it's not a big deal to have one every once and awhile. At least it isn't cocaine, alcohol, or a baconator! I'm perfectly fine and I probably have one 1-2 times a week.

I hate diet coke, but diet dr. pepper, pepsi max, and diet wild cherry pepsi is good. Then there is diet sprite..I mostly stick to diet dr. pepper when I have a soda though.

Actually diet sodas are just as bad as drugs, try being a caffeine addict and going off cold turkey. I got all the same symptoms as a drug addict would.
  • chelleroo30
    Options
    DIET PESPI IS GOOD, SO IS DIET SUNKIST
  • BethTaylor93
    BethTaylor93 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There is nothing good about diet soda. Try sparling fruit water instead.
  • farmgirl1973
    farmgirl1973 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Diet Sundrop!
  • Laura_Dennis12
    Laura_Dennis12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero, Diet Root Beer, and diet drinks with cherry
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I drink tiger blood with Norris - they dont have a diet version yet.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Well soda pop in general is not good for you. But when I do drink it I like Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Orange (no caffeine) and Diet Pepsi with no caffeine either!
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is so bad for you, I can't recommend any flavor. Growing evidence shows that Aspartame is just awful for you in many ways, just as NutraSweet was before it, and saccharine before that. It tastes terrible and it's basically poison. Google side effects of aspartame, or health effects of aspartame. Diet soda is not a healthy alternative.

They do make soda with stevia, found in health food stores (I found it in Sprouts), and probably Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. I personally didn't care for the taste but it may be worth trying for you.

I would recommend sparkling water with 2 oz. of your favorite healthy juice, like pomegranate, added to it. I find it very tasty and very few calories.

if you don't already drink diet soda regularly, why start?

^^^^^ AMEN. ^^^^^

I spent 7 years in gastrointestinal hell and finally figured out that it was the artificial sweeteners that were making my intestines bleed. Yep, wicked gross, I know. Fair warning. I gave up diet coke (I was truly addicted) and switched to unsweetened iced tea and naturally flavored seltzers. Good luck!
  • Sarahsue94
    Options
    I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH! Stay away from diet sodas!! They are quick fixes that give your body an immediate chemical reaction that kill brain cells.

Aspartame, sucralose and acesulfame potassium are common calorie-free artificial sweeteners found in diet soda, alone or in combination. They are all FDA-approved, but many holistic practitioners caution against their consumption because of the numerous complaints of side effects, including headaches, dizziness, mood swings, nausea, seizures and abdominal pain.

Many diet sodas contain phosphoric acid, which keeps soda from going flat. Unfortunately, it also leaches calcium from your teeth and bones to satisfy the body's delicate balance of phosphorus and calcium. It also neutralizes the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, which we need to digest food and use its nutrients, particularly calcium, causing further mineral loss from your body.

Potassium and sodium benzoate are preservatives that prevent bacteria and mold from growing and contaminating soda. When mixed with vitamin C, they "can react together to form small amounts of benzene, a chemical that causes leukemia and other cancers," according to the Center for Science in the Public Interest.

Here is the article I pulled the info from:
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/210926-ingredients-in-diet-sodas/#ixzz2HJDBmzWa
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I drink tiger blood with Norris - they dont have a diet version yet.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't and cannot eat fake sugar (it gives me headaches, so doctor's orders to avoid it). My motto is if it is not safe for pregnant women, how is it safe for the rest of us? Haters gonna hate but if DIET anything really "worked" would be be a nation of obese people?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    bud light???
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My recommendations, in moderation*:

- Diet A&W Root Beer
    - Coke Zero or Coke Zero Vanilla
    - Diet Orange Sunkist
    - Fresca

Suggestions to avoid:

- Hy-Vee/generic diet versions (if you happen to live in a region with Hy-Vee food stores)
    - Diet A&W Cream Soda

Beware not all diet sodas/pops/soda pops are calorie-free (case in point: Diet Orange Crush).

*I consider soda/pop/soda pop an occasional treat, not a daily beverage.
  • flatblade
    flatblade Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Coke almost exclusively. I drink too much of it, but until I hit my weight goal, I'll use it..
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max, Dr Pepper Zero, Lilt Zero, Irn Burn Free... there are plenty of them.
  • nikiawainwright
    Options
    I like Diet Dr Pepper too. But are there any CONS to Diet Soda?