Diet Sodas?

Options

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Diet soda is not healthy.
    In my opinion they don't taste good either.
    Empty calories, and soduim thats all they give you.
    they actually make you more thirsty and your body doesn't get anything from them.

Love the sparkeling water with some juice added idea. I just drink water and coffee. but if you like sode that sounds like a good alternative
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    yes, all soda is bad for you - diet or not, i think everyone knows that by now, but once in a while i like one for a small change of flavor and if i have it, it's Coke Zero. Best taste out of all imo.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Growing evidence shows that Aspartame is just awful for you in many ways, just as NutraSweet was before it, and saccharine before that.

Aspartame is broken down into a phenylalanine and aspartic acid. These are amino acids that are found in chicken breasts and fruit juices/fruit. Methanol is a digestive byproduct of aspartame and methanol converts to formaldehyde which then converts to formic acid which is metabolized further and excreted.

If you don't have PKU, and you don't get headaches from aspartame, then I don't yet see any reason to become alarmed about relatively "human" consumption levels of aspartame.

When you look at the majority of research on aspartame in humans and at normal doses there's little to be alarmed about. If you are a rat and you're being injected with ridiculous amounts of it, you might have issues.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Diet Cherry Coke and Pepsi Max are my go-to drinks for when I want something sweet. It keeps me away from the dark chocolate covered caramels with sea salt, and the peanut butter cup ice cream in the freezer.
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sorry, but diet sodas are NOT healthy for you.

While that's true, it can help some people stick to their sugar and calorie limits easier.

I'm skipping sodas right now but diet sprite and diet a&w rootbeer are pretty good. less of an aftertaste than some others
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Diet Dew is my favorite.... but i also really like diet dew - code red, Diet A&W rootbeer, Diet Dr. Pepper
  • Tina_Boone
    Tina_Boone Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I LOVED MY DIET PESPSI TOO BUT IT HASNT BEEN MY HARDEST ADDICTION TO KICK. IN REPLACE I DRINK CANADA DRY SPARKLING WATER IT GIVES ME THE CARBINATION I NEED AND HAS NO ADDED SWEETNER.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict

damn straight
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi is my fave... Diet Pepsi if they dont have that.
  • Jrsmontana
    Options
    Drink water, coffee(black) or tea(unsweetened). The body will crave sugar even if it is fake sugar. try it for 21 days and see if it works.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    im sure that this person doesnt need or want a lecture on how bad diet soda is for them. soda is bad for you diet is worse because of the sweetners (if you can call them that) that they are using. I suggest if you want caffine and some flavor to look into tea great for an on the go situation all you need is hot water cup and tea. otherwise try making your own flavored drinks i like a lemon juice stevia or honey with water that i do. There isnt any caffeine in that though so. i hope that is helpful have a great day ^_^
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    for everyone that is say it is bad for you, how is it bad for you? do you got evidence to support that claim?
  • LatinaPuppyLover
    Options
    I liked diet dr. pepper

This ^
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke as well but I like Diet Pepsi. I also like Fresca if they even make that anymore - it's a very refreshing taste.
    Yep Diet Pepsi for me too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    :grumble:.....lol
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    dr. pepper. I like 10 the best.
    coke zero
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I love old fashioned drinks out of a bottle. like those cream sodas and root beers and whatnot. oh and cheerwine, the diet versions of these drinks are very good
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    for everyone that is say it is bad for you, how is it bad for you? do you got evidence to support that claim?

There's some rat studies using doses that do not even remotely approximate human consumption in dose or delivery method (injection vs ingestion). There is a recent study showing bad stuff in humans but it was an obsevational study using FFQs to estimate intake.

I'm not on a diet soda promotion board or anything like that, I just think people are going way overboard with claims of toxicity or cancer or "diet soda is horrible because it's a chemical" etc.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure everyone knows diet soda is bad for you, but jeez it's not a big deal to have one every once and awhile. At least it isn't cocaine, alcohol, or a baconator! I'm perfectly fine and I probably have one 1-2 times a week.

I hate diet coke, but diet dr. pepper, pepsi max, and diet wild cherry pepsi is good. Then there is diet sprite..I mostly stick to diet dr. pepper when I have a soda though.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You don't need caffeine unless you are an addict, that is not a healthy state of affairs if so.

Agree! I gave up pop all together for the new year, plain water for me now
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    <-- only drinks water and pure green and rooibos tea at the moment