Anyone lost weight with the help of a Nutribullet?

Options
Its 2am and I am sitting here listening to an infomercial for the Nutribullet. I decided to look it up on Amazon to read reviews on it since it seems like a good system and one reviewer said that it helped him to lose 126 lbs! Just curious, has the Nutribullet helped anyone else to lose weight?

Replies

• amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to buy one soon!
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    proper diet and exercise helped me lose about 85lbs, try doing that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    If bullets helped me lose weight, i'd have never been fat.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So there mere act of purchasing and owning this thing caused a person to lose 120 pounds? Or did the person eat at a deficit and perhaps do some exercise as well?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I think blenders are a useful thing to have but this is an extreme case of causation =/= correlation (plus marketing ploys).
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    What?

Um...no.
  • shanni30
    shanni30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No. But it makes a lovely green drink. If you'd like a vitamix but don't have $500 this is a decent alternative. We bought ours for around $100 and when you put nutritious greens in with yummy fruits you get a sweet delicious green drink.
    Haven't lost any weight simply by using it though, that's all calorie deficit.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    It's $130??

You can buy a similar thing at a department store for $25. Then spend $100 on equipment or a gym membership that actually will help.

At least, that's what I'd do.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I suppose it would help you lose weight if you held the blade against your leg and ground off a piece. Calorie deficits cause weight loss not mixing up a concoction in an over priced blender.
  • caramel1920
    Options
    Okay since most of the posters don't actually own one, I'll give you my thoughts since I do! I l abso-freaking LOVE my Nutribullet, got it for $99 at bed, bath and beyond (or you can go to Target, same price). As others have said, it's part of a healthy lifestyle. I have a nutriblast pretty much every morning, my digestion is better, my skin is better, my hair and nails are growing rapidly, I have more energy throughout the day and combined with my diet and exercise makes me feel like a rock star! To actually answer your question: I have lost more weight while using the Nutribullet, but I also made other changes at the same time I purchased it, so No...you will not lose weight by purchasing it, but it can help you if you incorporate it into your daily routine! Oh and another benefit I've found for myself in this cold and flu season, while everyone around me is sick, I have not even had the sniffles! (knock on wood)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    It's $130??

You can buy a similar thing at a department store for $25. Then spend $100 on equipment or a gym membership that actually will help.

At least, that's what I'd do.

^^ This too. I have a Magic Bullet that we got for 20 bucks. That's what I use for my smoothies. But funny, I have still been losing weight even though I haven't used my Magic Bullet since before the holidays. hmmm...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I think blenders are a useful thing to have but this is an extreme case of causation =/= correlation (plus marketing ploys).

ROFL..Agreed. I've heard of pills containing "a special blend" of ingredients that will "make you lose weight" ... but a blender responsible for weight loss....hahahahahahahahahahahaahaha

If you want to incorporate juice into your diet, I'd just buy a normal blender and use the money saved on equipment or a gym membership... :D
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    For the price of that machine, you can 32 smoothies at Jamba Juice. Maybe before buying it, try a couple of different smoothies at a JambaJuice or whatever and see how you feel about ground up plants. If you like it, then do your research on the best blender and buy that one. Nutribullet is just a blender. :heart:
  • justkeepswimng
    Options
    I have a nutribullet. I haven't found it to be much better than a regular blender. Having said that, I think a blender can aid in weight-loss. I use mine to puree berries, veggies, cauliflower (for cauliflower pizza crust), nuts, etc. I have more non-processed eating options because of it and so yes, I think it helps me lose weight. I spent so much money on mine because it comes with a 25 year warranty. Yes, it costed me $130 bucks but so will the ten blenders that you go through in the next 25 years.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ... As others have said, it's part of a healthy lifestyle. I have a nutriblast pretty much every morning, ...

I have a nutriblast every morning too. Unless I haven't been getting enough fiber.
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Okay, people, don't listen to those infomercials. I used to work for an As Seen On Tv Store for over a year as Assistant Manager and I'd have people bringing them back complaining it didn't help them lose weight like the commercial said. ALSO, it's a total crock what they said about the Nutribullet. My friend studies the science behind food and he said there is no difference between a regular household blender and a Nutribullet when it comes to nutrition coming out of your food. Only thing it may do is spin the blades faster.

I second what he says as like I said, I worked there, and they aren't anything special. Just an overpriced magic bullet..... Sorry.

**** EDIT: I ALWAYS have my morning mixed shake though with protein powder, banana and milk (and berries too if I have then on hand). I LOVE my morning smoothies!
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lol, I don't have one I like the recipes I have a blender which can do the same IMO right now I have no plans to get one I will use my blender for now.

Michelle
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    We have one at home.

has it helped me or anyone else lose weight? no.
    do I believe all the science behind the claims of how you digest the nutrients - no

I do like it because it is smaller than other blenders & fits on my counter top
    I do think it grinds / blends things better than other cheaper blenders I've owned. I'm not a fan of lumpy smoothies

It did leak & I had to have it replaced - which they did free of charge. the leaking seems to be a common problem.
  • coachlashawnb
    coachlashawnb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I own one. It is far better than any blender I've had that was at the $129 or lower price point and it's smaller for the countertop. I don't think the point is that the actual machine caused weight loss. The person on the infomercial incorporated smoothies of healthy/beneficial fruits and veggies into their lifestyle and, as a result, they lost weight. I saw the information and was more impressed with the consistency of the smoothies, which is why I bought it. I didn't pay a bit of attention to any extraordinary claims b/c it's all about what YOU choose to do with your eating/exercising to affect weight loss.

Anyway, like the other person that owns one, I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for only $79 by using one of their ever-present 20% off coupons. I saw no reason to spend $500 on a blender at this point. I've used the Nutribullet for other things as well, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth already.

I've been consistent for the past 2 weeks and I am glad to have changed my breakfast and evening snack routines (which is how I use the Nutribullet).

Bottom line: If you have a blender that works well and you like, stick with that. If you don't and you have the money to purchase, go for it.
  • matlockmom
    matlockmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Nutribullet for 4 months and have lost 10lbs. However, I agree with the other person comments that you have to exercise and change your eating style to lose weight. I also purchased it for the health benefits. The bonus was the weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.