Anyone lost weight with the help of a Nutribullet?

Options

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    i've got the 'magic bullet' and don't see all that much difference between them, except for the extra attachment... it's a nice little blender, and it was only 20 or 30 bucks or so...
    and the best part - the dog doesn't howl quite as much as when i run the full size blender ;-p
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of days to use it now, and as a former Magic Bullet owner, the main difference is the capacity and power. It instantly annihilates whatever you put in it. I'm being very careful not to overfill it because I've read many, many reviews that say it always leaks if you do that. So far, so good. I'll eventually try it for traditional smoothies, but right now I'm doing fresh fruit blends with kale. They're more filling than just juice, likely because of all the added fiber since you don't waste anything. It's a keeper unless I run into any mechanical problems.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    No, but I think I could lose weight with a different kind of Bullet.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Ok, hahaha Laugh all you want but I have to say I weigh myself before and after I eat and before and after I go to the toilet. I've consistently GAINED every time i ate, even blended foods. I've consistently LOST every time I've used the toilet.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you are looking into blender options and if you can afford it, there are no better options than a Vitamix. Google reviews and comparison videos and you'll find so many that confirm this. I haven't been able to find any that refute this.
    I've had mine for 6 years now and I use it at least once or twice a day for extremely tough jobs...grinding nuts, ice, very coarse green leafy veggies, and other very thick items. :) I don't want to ever have to live without mine.

One of my family members has a NutriBullet and she really likes it, but I've been there when she makes green smoothies with it and it's no VitaMix.

I have one of the older MagicBullets. It only really ever is up to the jobs of making my custom coffee creamer in the mornings and whipping up my custom salad dressings.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    he, nor did anyone, lose weight from owning the nutribullet. It's just like a small blender where you can take the cup it's in as a cup so it saves some time. It depends on what you put in it and eat. If you're using it to replace meals with protein-veggie shakes and things it may help you lose weight, if you're using it to make milkshakes probably not so much. If you like having shakes, whether as meals or pre/post workout it might be good for that, but if you have time to make real food I would suggest that instead
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    he, nor did anyone, lose weight from owning the nutribullet. It's just like a small blender where you can take the cup it's in as a cup so it saves some time. It depends on what you put in it and eat. If you're using it to replace meals with protein-veggie shakes and things it may help you lose weight, if you're using it to make milkshakes probably not so much. If you like having shakes, whether as meals or pre/post workout it might be good for that, but if you have time to make real food I would suggest that instead
    ^^^^
    So much truth here. I already enjoy juice and smoothies. and I like the size and convenience of the Nutribullet. It's like deciding which pair of running shoes to buy. Some are much better or more durable than others, but none will get you fit if you don't exercise. Just another tool to make a healthy lifestyle easier or more convenient.
  • GestSayn
    GestSayn Posts: 4
    Options
    I love my NutriBullet. It's $99 in dept stores but since it gets you eating raw veg's & fuits you may not otherwise, I say it's worth it! IMHO it's better than the blender becasue it will masacrate harder fruits and veg's than a bender. And if you're sick or congested, add a chunk of ginger, chunk of lemon - You'll be breating in no time. I love mine, the whole family is using it and eating way more fruits and veg's they'd never touch otherwise.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's a blender.
  • SarahG2013
    SarahG2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've only had mine for a couple of days, but so far have been enjoying it. It works well and is convenient. Like many others, I purchased it with a coupon so it wasn't as expensive. I mainly purchased it to get nutrients that I usually am lacking in (i.e. I use flax to get omega-3) and servings of vegetables. I don't necessarily think it will directly help me lose weight, but I like that I can make a nutrient-filled breakfast so quickly.
  • anisemunns1
    Options
    I just ordered one and should be here on Friday :). I can't wait, I have no energy and hate taking vitamins, so I love the idea of getting all my vitamins and nutrients from their natural sources. To answer your Q about losing weight, I have heard from many that it does help especially with your metabolism and providing energy from all your natural B vitamins and also dieting is probably around 50% or so (I'm not a trainer so I don't know the exact %) of weight loss aside from working out. I bought it for energy but would like to lose a lil weight as well!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    It's just a blender, isn't it?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    ngbbs489f8a4a4d55a.gif
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've been thinking of buying one since our Magic Bullet is so old and all the blenders I've used really don't work well, thanks for the reviews & BB&B coupon tips! :drinker:
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    I'll toss in a quick update since I've been using my Nutribullet for a while now. I'm very careful not to overfill it, since that virtually guarantees it will leak. However, I popped it on the base one day and it started spewing. I immediately stopped it and discovered that the round seal thing had gotten tangled in the blades. I was about ready to take it back, since it's hopeless if you get liquid in the motor since it creates nasty gunk that gets into your smoothie. But it looks like I stopped it quickly enough and managed to clean it all out, so it didn't get a return journey to BB&B. Other than that, the only problem I've had is having to blend for longer than usual when using a lot of frozen fruit vs. fresh. Overall I'm still happy with it because it liquifies things much, much better than my Ninja, but it's going back to the store if the seal tangling becomes a habit.
  • tgrovesct
    tgrovesct Posts: 1
    Options
    Mom bought this not too long ago & easily started losing weight, which had become more difficult as she's gotten older. I started using the same recipes in my food processor & have also lost SOME weight, though not to the degree she did. Bottom line? If you can incorporate more fruits & veggies into your diet, it is easier to lose weight as you are filled up on low calorie, nutrient rich, high fiber food. If you know you're not likely to get your 5-12 servings, this will help you do it.
  • sunshinestater
    Options
    Mom bought this not too long ago & easily started losing weight, which had become more difficult as she's gotten older. I started using the same recipes in my food processor & have also lost SOME weight, though not to the degree she did. Bottom line? If you can incorporate more fruits & veggies into your diet, it is easier to lose weight as you are filled up on low calorie, nutrient rich, high fiber food. If you know you're not likely to get your 5-12 servings, this will help you do it.
    I actually love veggies, but I can see how this would be a huge help for those who don't. I didn't believe that you wouldn't be able to taste things like kale or spinach until I tried them in my fruit smoothies, and you honestly don't. Seems weird, but I'm not complaining!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I think people who like nutribullet aren't saying that just owning it makes you lose weight. GMAFB.

It helps me because I have a hard time eating fruits and veg all day, chew chew chew. I feel like to get my required fruit and veg servings I'd be chewing all day. I buy fruits and veg but I end up not being able to eat them all before they go bad, I get tired of eating them all day long and I can't go to the store every 2 days with my long work shifts. By blending them up I can drink several servings at once, it's so much easier for me so the bullet helps me get them in.

I've had cheaper blenders, they just don't last. I got my nutribullet like others, 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond for like, $80. Worth it because it's the only one I've not had to replace after some time, like a lot of the cheapies. . I make a lot of drinks, at least 1 a day but up to 3 a day so I need something that will last.

My other cheaper blenders do not blend up the items well at all. They leave the drinks chunky, and some things like kale, which I don't like as much, are left in larger chunks/leafs. I don't even like fruit chunks in the smoothies, I don't like my drinks thick, having to use a spoon. The nutribullet is the only thing I've found that makes the drinks the consistancy I like. Also, with other blenders I could only use a small variety of fruit because I am picky; since it left things think/chunky I could taste the ingredients too much so I wasn't using many items. With nutribullets, things are pulverised so much I can use more variety of things I normally wouldn't have, because I can't taste them. So, I'm drinking things that are a lot more healthy. I'm feeling the benefits of that.

I also like the easier clean-up. I like the way the bullet works better than any other blender, the functions, the mechanics, and the quality. In the past ten years I've gone thru a few blenders, processers, etc. This one is way better. Completely worth the $80. I've probably spent twice that replacing the $20 and $30 cheapy blenders over the years. I use it so much, I need something that will last. And because of the way it works, I tend to use it MORE, which helps me get more nutrition, more drinks, which fills me up more, which keeps me from eating more junk, which helps me lose weight. It's not like nutribullet is a magic weight-loss gimmick, but for me it's helped based on MY needs. It all depends on YOU, of course. For some people it's not going to do a thing - depends on your situation, of course.
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I actually love veggies, but I can see how this would be a huge help for those who don't. I didn't believe that you wouldn't be able to taste things like kale or spinach until I tried them in my fruit smoothies, and you honestly don't. Seems weird, but I'm not complaining!

This is why it helps me. I am getting in a lot of vegetables I used to never eat. I'm getting a lot of nutrients I don't normally ever eat. I never got my recommended daily servings of vegetables in EVERYDAY until I got the bullet. Now I can make a drink and it's so easy. I never got much of a variety until the bullet either. I would maybe have a salad a week, and a probably 5 servings of vegetables a week if I was lucky. It was hard not to cover them in butter or dressing. And before when I used my cheap blender, it wouldn't process them right, I could taste large chunks in my smoothie, and it was just gross.
  • GestSayn
    Options
    I've been using mine for months and love it.

Whether you experience weight loss obviously depends on a lot of factors, and not only calories ... in fact I'm learning more and more it's not calories, but carbs (at least for my metabolism). Why is it excellent? Because you can ingest several fruits/veg's of raw whole food in a single drink (add vodka at night if you wish). Just the act of doing this create an awareness of being healthy and encourages you to do it throughout the day -- plus late at night you can make one, and curb the need to raid the kitchen, or satisfy a sweet tooth (I make awesome chocolate ones with banana, raw cocoa, stevia, whey, ice and almond milk at night when I feel like ice cream or something. Being able to easily satisfy your hunger with something incredibly nutritious keeps you motivated to stay healthy and away from foods you shouldn't be eating. I especially love mine because I have TMJ (jaw pain) and crunching on raw fruits & vegetables is a horrible experience ... but I can enjoy them this way. It's much better than my blender which would just chew up the food into a thick slurry. The NutriBullet obliterates the pieces of food to a very drinkable juice.

Many comments have said to spend the money on a membership at the gym instead. I disagree, it's not that hard to get exercise. The NutriBullet makes drinking whole foods and getting recommended servings of fruits & veg's a done deal. An additional bonus, anyone who knows about cancer and the benefits of a plant based diet would embrace this with both arms. You can also grind up oatmeal, grains, and seeds to a fine flour and use it to replace flour in many recipes.

I've been using mine for months and love it.
This discussion has been closed.