Anyone lost weight with the help of a Nutribullet?

Options

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Lose £126 maybe...
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It's $130??

You can buy a similar thing at a department store for $25. Then spend $100 on equipment or a gym membership that actually will help.

At least, that's what I'd do.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    If bullets helped me lose weight, i'd have never been fat.
    I see what you did there.

also, no bullets here.
  • Mikaboo82
    Mikaboo82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the Nutribullet due to my fast my church does every January. I've used it to make fruit/veggie smoothies that help me with the foods I am allowed to eat and just by doing a smoothie for breakfast and lunch I've lost 9lbs. Of course for dinner I'm having a sensible meal but after my fast is over (11 more days left) I plan to continue my smoothies for breakfast and lunch.... i love it and glad I purchased it. Of course the cheaper way was to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and use the coupon they send out and it came to $70 and some change,
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Gina1955
    Gina1955 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Funny how a simple question can bring out all the sarcasm in people. No I don't think you literally meant just owning the Nutribullet would help you lose weight. That goes without saying. The few serious comments were helpful because I, too was wondering if the device was worth the money. Good luck on you quest to lose & wish me well on mine. Sorry you have to weed through all the BS comments before getting to a serious one!!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    It's a fcking blender! How does a blender help you lose 10,000 pounds? It doesn't. Eat less than your TDEE. Move your *kitten*. Lose weight. No blender necessary (except on margarita night).

*high five*
  • ekalcur
    ekalcur Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To the person who wrote.....I suppose it would help you lose weight if you held the blade against your leg and ground off a piece. Calorie deficits cause weight loss not mixing up a concoction in an over priced blender.......

......that's just vile.
  • frommichellewithlove
    frommichellewithlove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people have to be snide, arrogant, or sarcastic when replying to your question. On behalf of these immature souls that have replied to you, I am sorry. I wish you the best with your weight loss!
  • yayagirl2
    yayagirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI!

I think you have a very valid question and think that all the smart a** comments should be ignored.
    I would hope that people you MFP could be more understanding and encouraging. Ignore all the snide remarks.

As for the Nutribullet, I do have one, as well as a very expensive and large blender (a gift). When I use the Nutribullet it pulverizes anything I put in it. My blender leaves frozen fruit lumpy and constantly needs to be turned off while blending so that I can stir it and add more liquid to get it going again.

The Nutribullet comes with a few pieces that don't take up much space either. It is much easier to clean and fits nicely into a basket I can leave on my countertop and easily store when I am not using it.

As for losing weight, I use it as a way to get in more veggies, fruit and fiber taking into account all the calories and nutritional value while journaling. It definitley fills you up and has provided me with more energy and controls my appetite for binging. The losing weight part will come when you journal, follow MFP guidelines for food intake and exercise.

If you are looking for an opinion on this product and you are thinking you would like to start doing smoothies and juices, it is a very convenient product.

Don't put all you hope for weight loss into one "idea". Follow MFP, do your shakes, eat clean and exercise. Little by little change happens.

Good luck and I would hope more encouraging posts come your way.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    think you have a very valid question and think that all the smart a** comments should be ignored.
    I would hope that people you MFP could be more understanding and encouraging. Ignore all the snide remarks.
    (...)Don't put all you hope for weight loss into one "idea". Follow MFP, do your shakes, eat clean and exercise. Little by little change happens.(...)

Whoa! This is supposed to be a SUPPORT website! Cool down with the harsh rhetoric and judgment. We're all here for the same reason!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    this sounds dirty if u ask me.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think blenders are a useful thing to have but this is an extreme case of causation =/= correlation (plus marketing ploys).

What she said... but I'm sure it's quite useful in the kitchen.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    If it did work, why would it be on an infomercial at 2am!?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet. I haven't found it to be much better than a regular blender. Having said that, I think a blender can aid in weight-loss. I use mine to puree berries, veggies, cauliflower (for cauliflower pizza crust), nuts, etc. I have more non-processed eating options because of it and so yes, I think it helps me lose weight. I spent so much money on mine because it comes with a 25 year warranty. Yes, it costed me $130 bucks but so will the ten blenders that you go through in the next 25 years.

Not to be a stickler.....but if you are blending your food it is no longer "non-processed"
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Throw away the blender and shake it by hand! Burn more calories!

zKI9T.gif
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well said! I own one too!
  • Megank428
    Megank428 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went Vegan for 7 weeks at the beginning of this year and my nutribullet made all of my breakfasts!! I think its a great little blender and super easy to use!! I dont attribute the 10 pounds I lost in this time to the nutribullet solely but it did help me make smart meal choices. I havent used it much recently since i am back to eating eggs in the morning....i should though!!
  • gidgetgoestohell
    Options
    I was happy to see someone posting about the Nutribullet... then saw all the rude replies. Jeez, you all must be very miserable people :(

Anyways - I'd suggest getting the Nutribullet simply because it's a great way to eat whole, healthy, organic fruits and veggies, several times a day - and this will make you a healthier person. Will it make you lose weight? I guess that depends on each person! I got a Nutribullet to lose weight... but then a few days later realized I'd rather be healthy, and if I lose weight, then great!

The Nutribullet is different because it's an extractor vs. a blender or a juicer. Here's an article that helps explain: http://nutribulletblog.com/to-juice-or-to-blend/

I bought mine online for $100 - and it's already paid for itself, because I make a smoothie for breakfast and dinner (and have a salad with a protein for lunch). It keeps me full until lunch time. I'm not sluggish and lethargic at work any more. I'm able to drink veggies that I have a hard time eating alone. If I were to buy 2 smoothies a day from Jamba Juice, it would be like $10 a day. I don't believe Jamba Juice even uses organic fruits/veggies and most of their smoothies contain frozen yogurt!

For instance, the breakfast I'm eating right now is: 2 handfuls of spinach, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 banana and then I throw in a couple pieces of: raspberry, blueberry, pineapple, mango, peach and strawberry. Then I top it with flax meal, chia seeds, hemp seeds, splash in some Braggs apple cider vinegar, a chunk of fresh ginger and my protein powder, then top it off with a bunch of water (but you can also use nut milks, coconut water, carrot juice... even green tea!) It's about 400-500 calories and filled with tons of protein, vitamins and cancer-fighters!

I'm sure if you pair the smoothies up with some healthy snacks at work and a healthy dinner, throw in some exercise, you'll be on your way to weight loss and great health in no time! :)
  • ktzmom
    ktzmom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It would be nice if everyone would quit *****ing at this lady and just answer the question. It's a simple question. Do you own one or not? Quit preaching.
This discussion has been closed.