Good Book series?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    A Song of Ice and Fire - 5 books out of 7 completed.

You may know it as "Game of Thrones" (book 1)

On my last cruise our favorite bartender suggested this. So far, I have heard to a of good stuff about it. It's on my list next. I did start watching the tv series - if it's half as good as the series I'll be happy (and I hear its better).

Right now I am re-reading then finishing the Dark Tower series by Stephen King - awesome.

I also read 50 Shades trilogy on my last cruise - not impressed.
    The Hunger Games was ok. Really liked the first book, second less and not a fan of the last.

Pillars of the Earth is one of my favorite books. I know I read another in the series but don't really remember.

The series is really good.. But the books are far better.. The one thing you miss out on in the series is the internal dialog of the characters. Some it's kinda kill me now but other slike Tyrion it's absolutely great!
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The Galactic Football series. by Scott Sigler

The Rookie
    The Starter
    The All Pro
    The MVP
  • Duster367
    Duster367 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All the Henry Rollins books are great.
  • gonnasee33
    Options
    I'm about to go on a 3 night bahamas cruise, and should be getting a Kindle Fire in the mail anyday... Any suggestions of a good book series to put on it for the trip?

John Flanagans Rangers Apprentice Series
    Robert Jordans Wheel of Time Series
    Ted Dekkers Paradise Trilogy
  • tracielinn
    tracielinn Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    The Dovekeepers was surprisingly good.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Frankenstein by Dean Koontz.

Thank me later yo.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just started trying to fit my love of reading into my exercise routine. I do not care for audio books, but have found having the Kindle on the stationary bike works quite well. Much easier to turn electronic pages than real ones while riding.

If you liked Hunger Games, you'd probably like the Divergent series. Also "The Host" "The Immortal Rules" and "Under the Never Sky" ... I have a Kindle (and Kindle app on my iphone) and you can sign up for several email lists that showcase many free books every day. I have over 500 books in my Kindle cloud! *Ü*