What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options
I get aggrivated with this certain female at the gym. This girl flaunts around and I swear I NEVER see her hit a machine. I think she is there on a man hunt but she gets in my damn way when I work out.

Replies

• mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ugh that is the worst...there are a couple of chicks at my gym who i just cant stand...and then there are a few who dont follow the 30 min rule when people are waiting for certain machines and if u ask them to jump on or how much longer they have they just ignore you..can't stand it!! Another pet peeve is when people dont wipe down equipment..especially after they sweat all over it! nasty!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    depending on the time i always have this one guy who hovers over the machine I am using even though there are tons of the same machine. makes me super uncomfortable i usually end up leaving
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Yes it's very nasty! That girl at my gym leans against machines that I need and I have had to ask her to move so many times. She gives me the dirtiest looks ever now because I am down right rude to her. I swear she has only taken 1 class that I know of and other than that she sits around talking to different men all the time while leaning on the machines I need :(
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    People try talking to me during a set UGHHH!
  • jujulamb
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.
    Yes thats super annoying especially when I have to re rack their weight before I can start working out
  • jujulamb
    Options
    People try talking to me during a set UGHHH!
    I stopped inviting my brother to work out with my husband and I because he wont shut up...lol
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Hate it when people don't wipe the machines! And, ok, I get it, you work out hard/you look good, but really? Do ya gotta wear booty shorts and just a sports bra at the gym?
  • jujulamb
    Options
    Ugh. Hate it when people don't wipe the machines! And, ok, I get it, you work out hard/you look good, but really? Do ya gotta wear booty shorts and just a sports bra at the gym?
    I hate when a machine has sweat on it
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to be hit on. And it WILL annoy me if somebody is at the squat rack for like 45 minutes when I do need to get there.

Other than that I really don't care what people do at the gym.

You do yours, I'll do mine.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I have other things worth caring about. Such as who went home on The Biggest Loser last night and what Snookie & the baby are up to today.
  • kwrolstad19
    Options
    Ok, I hate it when people try to pick up others while at the gym! I roll out of bed at 4:45am, hit my machine around 5:10am. The last thing I want to deal with is someone hitting on me. At this point I havent even had my morning coffee.

I also have to agree with the pet peeve when someone doesnt wipe down the machine when they are done. That to me is like not washing your hands after using the restroom. I mean the gym that I belong to has wipes all over the place. You are just rude if you dont.

Ok, the last one....how about when 2 women havent seen each other in "ages" and need to catch up on each others life talking loud enough were you cant seem to turn up your music loud enough to drown them out or it happens on a day when you forget to bring your ipod/headphones. I mean really....I dont need to know all the gossip going on in your lifes/co-workers/neighbors, etc. I go to the gym to burn off fat and release my own stresses. It is one thing to talk quietly, but to broadcast your life for all to hear....no thank you!

:-)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...
  • I don't really ever get annoyed. I'm way to focused to see or hear anyone else :wink: .
  • kwrolstad19
    Options
    Sorry.....LMAO!!!! Thanks for that visual.
  • jujulamb
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...
    omg I just lauhed so loud and my co worker looked at me like im from another planet...great visual
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww
  • Willie1274
    Options
    Not putting away weights or equipment.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
  • jujulamb
    Options
    lmao Tyler