What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.

This. I went into the gym today (very very big gym) to lift and I was the only sould in the joint, but every bar was racked. It looked as if were packed and someone had yelled "FIRE" and everyone just ran out at once without looking back. I can't stand having to clean up after other people before I can even begin my workout.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you

You washing your makeup off, or leaving it on for that matter, does not offend me at all. I have no feelings whatsoever towards what other people wear to workout, so long as it's safe (like, I might take issue with flip-flops on a treadmill, for example) and not offensive (like a racist T-shirt). YOU said other people wearing makeup bothers you.

lol whatever the interpretation of my personal annoyance, added to a thread entitled "what annoys you at the gym?", It does bother me. Am I going to stomp up to someone and cuss them out for it? no. but its my own opinion and if its not yours then thats fine. It simply bothers me in a way that shouldnt really affect you to see globs of eyeliner running down someones face. You can do or wear whatever you want at the gym or anywhere else but my opinion is my opinion.

I'm not trying to shove it down anyones throat. I was just participating in the thread lol so there's no reason for jumping down mine.
    To each their own amili 045 everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I usually head over after work and probably should wash off my makeup im clogging my pores as we type. I go to workout as fast as I can and get the most out of it before I get my kids at night. my annoyance was judged as well and I was called a hater...
  • amili045
    Options
    i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you

You washing your makeup off, or leaving it on for that matter, does not offend me at all. I have no feelings whatsoever towards what other people wear to workout, so long as it's safe (like, I might take issue with flip-flops on a treadmill, for example) and not offensive (like a racist T-shirt). YOU said other people wearing makeup bothers you.

lol whatever the interpretation of my personal annoyance, added to a thread entitled "what annoys you at the gym?", It does bother me. Am I going to stomp up to someone and cuss them out for it? no. but its my own opinion and if its not yours then thats fine. It simply bothers me in a way that shouldnt really affect you to see globs of eyeliner running down someones face. You can do or wear whatever you want at the gym or anywhere else but my opinion is my opinion.

I'm not trying to shove it down anyones throat. I was just participating in the thread lol so there's no reason for jumping down mine.
    To each their own amili 045 everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I usually head over after work and probably should wash off my makeup im clogging my pores as we type. I go to workout as fast as I can and get the most out of it before I get my kids at night. my annoyance was judged as well and I was called a hater...

lol exactly! haha maybe we should just not participate anymore and let the self-righteous talk to themselves. Coolio :P glad to here you are taking care of your face :) skins important
  • mmccloskey10
    Options
    curling in the ****ing squat rack!!!!!!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I really hate it when I see someone wipe their nasty nose all over their hand and then touch every fu(king thing. Sick Fu(kers:sick:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

I used be on a city swim team and our practice time was right after the senior swim...I avoided the locker rooms like the plague.
  • jujulamb
    Options
    The sneers of those who have been at the gym for a while. I know I'm a newby, I know I'm probably using YOUR machine, yeah my form probably is all wrong. But hey, I guess you were dumped from the womb as a gym guru! For those of us that weren't, how bout a lil guidance. And I'll still be there with ya next year.
    I agree I was very new to the gym 2 years ago and girls were practically pro's at every machine. I got to know a few people and learned alot from them to avoid injury.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Why on earth does that affect you? Should I go home and take my makeup off after work so as not to bother you?

I know, you're going to say that it's not the after work people that bother you- that's fine, but you can just TELL the difference between people that come from work and people that put makeup on specifically for the gym, and it's the people that put it on FOR the gym that bother you. But I'm sorry, you have no way of knowing that.

Furthermore, there are people with bad skin and/or social insecurities that don't feel confident going out in public without makeup for any reason. Should those people be denied the chance to improve their health and fitness because they feel uncomfortable without makeup? Perhaps as their bodies improve, their confidence will come along with it, and someday they won't need to wear makeup to work out, but let's cut them a break for today, ok?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I couldn't have said this better myself. I go to the gym straight from work, so I usually have makeup on. I've also struggled with acne and will definitely throw on a little makeup to hide breakouts when they happen. I don't see why this is so offensive. Surely, a good person would want fellow gym goers to be confident and have a good workout...right?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?

Now I definitely don't want to go to the gym. I don't want to risk seeing older women blow drying their balls.

Watched a woman blow dry her cootch once, last time I ever used a gym supplied hair dryer. Do have to say that I'd probably have to have a serious talk with any woman who showcases her balls in the locker room, need to get to the base of that tale.

That being said, I am a brazen naked in the locker room kind of girl. I don't do my makeup and hair naked as if I were at home, but if I need something across the locker room and I'm naked I'll go get it.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Because I mind my own business and focus on myself
  • jujulamb
    Options
    I get bothered when someone walks by me and they smell like unwiped butt
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.

I forgot to re-rack once last week and I still feel bad about it! I remembered and went back but someone had already done it.

The only gripe I have at my gym is the guy that grunts and moans excessively. I get that he is working hard but he is way over the top.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Seriously?? Why the hell would that bother YOU? It doesn't affect your work out in any way whatsoever. People come to the gym straight from work etc etc, places that require you to look presentable. Should they make sure they remove all their makeup before working out so not to annoy people like you. Hmphhhhh.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

I'm bothered by the fact that this has occurred to you so often it's become an annoyance.
  • amili045
    Options

hahahaha listen some people cant help it.
  • lorielovehailey
    lorielovehailey Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I hate it when guys throw the weights down on the ground on the last rep. Scares the crap out of me. Plus, I don't think that last rep should count!
  • amili045
    Options

I'm bothered by the fact that this has occurred to you so often it's become an annoyance.

Im bothered by people who cant take a joke :P
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Women who work out in a sports bra and spandex shorts.

But I'm really just jealous.
  • jujulamb
    Options

Im bothered by people who cant take a joke :P lol i know right
    I was trying to lighten the mood calmate
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    The guy who tries to pick up all the women at the gym.

tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo2_250_zps589000d0.gif
    tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo3_250_zps74882556.gif
    tumblr_mcbdu9PSjG1r3gb3zo4_400_zps2d9262b7.gif