What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    lmao Tyler

It honest to God happens. & I know it's not just my gym, cause I have seen MANY posts about it..
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    I think it's fortuitous that I just saw this. Just this morning at the gym I walked into one of the circut rooms to lie on the floor and do some abs and there was a guy in there lying down reading a book. I patiently waited for him to acknowledge me to see if he could scooch over a bit (he was smack in the middle of the room) and he got all huffy me, grabbed his book and stomped away. Good lord - it's not a library and I was only asking for you to share the space.
  • Raythomas1
    Options
    haha how do girls find other girls to HATE for no reason anywhere they go?! and not ALL girls just the stereotypical ones :bigsmile: I don't like when its crowded but, just because I'm selfish, Everyone is very friendly at my gym and will usually go above and beyond to be out of your way and to share if you ask.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    haha how do girls find other girls to HATE for no reason anywhere they go?! and not ALL girls just the stereotypical ones :bigsmile: I don't like when its crowded but, just because I'm selfish, Everyone is very friendly at my gym and will usually go above and beyond to be out of your way and to share if you ask.

I think they're just preconditioned to do that. It's not specific to the gym have heard plenty of women ***** about other women at work and rarely the guys.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1. People who don't wipe down the machines.

2. When all the machine are open (cardio) yet the person just has to use the one right next to you.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    When chicks spend their workouts on their cellphones. It's different if it's also your mp3 player and it's just sitting there. But theres a group of girls at my gym who flock around each other to take pictures on the ellipticals and near the weights.... -_-
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The only thing that really gets to me is people who don't re-rack their ish when they are done.

I really hate that!!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    People that workout with zero motivation.
  • TylerJ76
    Options

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

As far as I can tell, nobody has beat our annoyances yet..
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I find the people spending their time judging other people's outfits and workouts to be very annoying.
  • amili045
    Options
    girls that wear makeup
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a horrible place. People finding things about which to be annoyed. Glad I don't go there. I would hate to be annoyed by some random bullsh!t that doesn't have any effect on what I'm supposed to be doing. Luckily there's the interweb where you can come b!tch about how the color top some broad was wearing fcked up your time spent on the treadmill reading 50 Shades of Goo.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    People who post on websites complaining about me blowdrying my balls in the locker room.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Too busy focusing on myself to give a crap about what anyone around me is doing.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

Why on earth does that affect you? Should I go home and take my makeup off after work so as not to bother you?

I know, you're going to say that it's not the after work people that bother you- that's fine, but you can just TELL the difference between people that come from work and people that put makeup on specifically for the gym, and it's the people that put it on FOR the gym that bother you. But I'm sorry, you have no way of knowing that.

Furthermore, there are people with bad skin and/or social insecurities that don't feel confident going out in public without makeup for any reason. Should those people be denied the chance to improve their health and fitness because they feel uncomfortable without makeup? Perhaps as their bodies improve, their confidence will come along with it, and someday they won't need to wear makeup to work out, but let's cut them a break for today, ok?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    that dirty 80 year old man who asked me to borrow a pen when I was bareassed naked in the shower
    and I was like 'what, where the hell would I have a pen on me?'
    and the geezer winked