What annoys you about others at the gym?

Options

Replies

• vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    People who buy a cheap gym membership at a public gym and then expect to have the place to themselves.
    People who constantly complain that not every one around them works out the way they should .

The naked guys do kind of creep me out.
    Why dos the YMCA have armchairs and a teleivision in the locker room?
    So old guys can watch tv when there is noone to show there balls to?
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Sounds like a horrible place. People finding things about which to be annoyed. Glad I don't go there. I would hate to be annoyed by some random bullsh!t that doesn't have any effect on what I'm supposed to be doing. Luckily there's the interweb where you can come b!tch about how the color top some broad was wearing fcked up your time spent on the treadmill reading 50 Shades of Goo.
    lol well the main thing that annoys me about the female is that she is in my damn way and not just on one occassion. Im not a HATER she just needs to take her man hunt elsewhere or wait outside for them to leave and stalk them on her own time. Im tyring to get in and out
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Wait... you notice other people at the gym?

Also, how is she in your way if she never gets on a machine? lol....
  • userpaul
    userpaul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Posers, strutter's and air heads, seems to be loads of those in the Gym. Oh yes... and grunter's..male and female..leave it out eh?
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    These are the EXACT reasons I don't go to the gym!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I get aggrivated with this certain female at the gym. This girl flaunts around and I swear I NEVER see her hit a machine. I think she is there on a man hunt but she gets in my damn way when I work out.

This could be hilarious but instead you choose to be aggravated by it, that's your problem
  • Rusty675
    Options
    1, People who don't the rack the weights once they're done.
    2. Sitting on equipment whilst chatting to someone <- Should be number #1 but my OCD about things not being in order makes un-racked weights priority lol
    3, Being watched, I've never understood why people need to watch you in between their sets. I'm stood in front of a massive mirror, I can see you watching me >..<
  • amili045
    Options
    i wash mine off lol sorry if that offends you
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    ...to take her man hunt elsewhere or wait outside for them to leave and stalk them on her own time. Im tyring to get in and out

Sounds like she's looking for guys with your same goal
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    People try talking to me during a set UGHHH!

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!

I have BRIGHT RED earbuds and cords...I have my hair pulled back so you can see them. The only time it's acceptable is if I'm being unsafe, you want to ask if I'm using certain equipment or if I'll spot for you, or if the building is on fire. THAT'S IT!!!

Unlike many people I'm not there to chat, socialize, or pick up on dudes (I'm married but don't wear my jewelry lifting).
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

you hate me then. I also put my hair up in victory rolls for the gym. Lifting in style, in booty shorts and thigh highs. Yeah, that's me :)

My gym rules. There is no meat market. There is no bullying, hovering, no rudeness or competitveness. No one sits around doing nothing. No one judges anyone on anything.

I go to a climbing gym, so I think it appeals to a certain type of person <3

I will say that I don't like people who hog a good route....but that's my only gripe.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    nothing. I'm focused on me. and trust me....I need the focus to drop this gut! :bigsmile:
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    The people that get on a machine that is squealing and screeching, but they just keep going. Ack! Stop! Something is wrong!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    haha how do girls find other girls to HATE for no reason anywhere they go?! and not ALL girls just the stereotypical ones :bigsmile: I don't like when its crowded but, just because I'm selfish, Everyone is very friendly at my gym and will usually go above and beyond to be out of your way and to share if you ask.

we aren't all like that.

the only thing that annoys me i guess is when people don't wipe down the machines, but even that isn't the worst thing to happen to me. i just wipe it myself. no biggie.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    girls that wear makeup

I workout on my lunch break and I teach classes after work. I'm wearing makeup to work - I'm going to have makeup on at the gym. Sorry if it annoys anyone - but I'm not there for anyone else but me. :)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    When people pay more attention to others at the gym than they do to their own workouts. Why watch others when you're there for you?
  • KristenPW29
    Options
    I totally understand some people or just born fit and they love to flaunt it while the rest of us sweat and struggle through our workouts.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I have a few gym pet peeves.

1. Gym noise. Yes I am more than fine with the occasional grunt or moan but I don't want to be beside you while it sounds like your having a painful orgasm!

2. The girls that treat a gym like a fashion show. A face full of make-up and minimal work-out clothes, that just walk around to attract the attention of the men. Jump on a machine or something!

3.People that come with friends. That is totally cool! But please keep your convo about your visit to the gyno or your sexy date night on the down low. There is no need to shout the new moves your man tried in the bedroom!

4. Sitting on a weight machine using your phone, or waiting for a class. Those are not chairs. I want to use that machine!
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    Options
    Wait... you notice other people at the gym?

Also, how is she in your way if she never gets on a machine? lol....
    Believe me she gets in my way you dont have to agree or disagree with me its my personal annoyance.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    When the old guys are standing at the sink, drying their balls with the gym supplied hair dryers...

^^^ This or banging their balls against the scale post ...eww

Or as I am tying my shoes to leave for the day, they are standing right THERE & their balls almost hit me..
    Tyler if its the same old man maybe you should turn him in lol he might be hitting on you

Nope, it's the same group of 6 or so old guys.

They come in, just to stand in the locker room naked and bullsh*t.

Yea this happens at pretty much every gym... It's like a damn epidemic

Hate to break it to ya fellas....but this is not just limited to old men. The older women at my gym do the same thing. They walk around the locker room naked like they own the place. If I wanted to see naked people, I'd go to a strip club. But I think the WORST is when they sit down on the locker room benches completely naked. Makes me want to vomit. And what happened to the elderly being modest?!?