I. Hate. Eggs.

Options
LeenaRuns
LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
Title says it all. I can't stand eggs....the smell, texture, or taste of them (unless they're in a baked good like cake).

I want to like eggs because they're so good for you. Please, send me egg ideas for a non-egg-liker! Thanks.

ETA: I understand I don't HAVE to eat eggs, just trying to expand my horizons.

Replies

• lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Then don't.eat.them
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When I had to eat them as a kid, I'd choke them down scrambled with lots of ketchup. Is ketchup permissible on a diet?
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    How about green ones?... with ham?
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. I am a culinary science student and have prepared them soooo many different ways at school. I still hate them and don't eat them

you can find the nutrients in them from other sources
  • LeenaRuns
    Options
    Then don't.eat.them

Thanks, I understand that's an option, but I think it would be nice to try something new.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    There are so many food choices out there that if there is a food you truly don't like, you really don't have to eat it.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    add some hot sauce to them.

i think hard scrambled eggs are almost the perfect food. just some butter in the pan and some salt and pepper for seasoning.

you could make an omelette and add alot of things you like to it. ham. cheese. spinach. just about anything you can think of.
  • LeenaRuns
    Options
    I hate eggs too. I am a culinary science student and have prepared them soooo many different ways at school. I still hate them and don't eat them

you can find the nutrients in them from other sources

Yeah, I've made them scrambled, fried, and over easy for my son (he's 2.5 and loves eggs)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    When I had to eat them as a kid, I'd choke them down scrambled with lots of ketchup. Is ketchup permissible on a diet?
    It's your diet. You make the rules.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

In a box? With a fox?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

sam, is that you?
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Make eggie muffins, I love these because you can put whatever yuo like in then to hide the egg flavor. I usually do cheddar, bacon, and chive.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4NcW2ZyzUXB8KhOu-yTGPKV8EDOMsvTTENg631Uv8DunZsqNU-ARrZPxnGw

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins

Edit coz picture was huuuugggeee
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've hated eggs since I got medically discharged from the military. The only way I can even eat them is with salsa on them... other than that, I avoid them at all costs.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fry egg in pan with Pam spray. Eat on bagel thin with garden vegetable cream cheese, sriracha sauce and fresh spinach.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Hard boil your eggs and chop them up into a salad. Might help hide the taste some. Do you even hate scrambled eggs!?!? That's sad, they are so yummy especially scrambled.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    try buying the prepackaged egg whites, egg beater brand for example, they don't smell like eggs really, and have very little flavor (and not all the cholestoral in full eggs) so if you put cheese, veggies, hot sauce, whatever with it it tastes more like what you put on them. only 25 calories for 3 tablespoons
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Some people who can get fresh(pastured) eggs put them raw into smoothies. Don't freak out on me. I do not do it, but many people do.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    If you hate them that much I would suggest not expanding your horizons in that direction.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Would you like them with a mouse?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    weeeelllll, the texture of eggs, doesn't change that much - so if that's your issue with them, I guess you're just sol. you can always make a quiche with lots of veggies or something, but it's still eggs. you can put raw egg whites in your protein shakes. I do it often and they are tasteless.