I. Hate. Eggs.

Options

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs too. I am a culinary science student and have prepared them soooo many different ways at school. I still hate them and don't eat them

you can find the nutrients in them from other sources

Yeah, I've made them scrambled, fried, and over easy for my son (he's 2.5 and loves eggs)

Egg whites actually make me gag xD

If you want the nurtrients and fats from the yolk make a custard :D

another option if you are feeling adventurous is to make a souffle. They are not as hard as you would think, and I have a few good small recipes. I like cheese and broccoli, tuna, and lemon souffles actually.

Those two ways are about the only way I will really eat them xD
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Would preparing them like this make them more appetizing?

how-do-you-like-your-eggs-meme.jpg
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hard boil your eggs and chop them up into a salad. Might help hide the taste some. Do you even hate scrambled eggs!?!? That's sad, they are so yummy especially scrambled.
    That's a great idea!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Couldn't stand eggs for a long time until I tried an Omelet! Go for omelet or scrambled and add TONS of chopped up veggies, sauteed onions and/or mushrooms, little sprinkle of cheese. The egg turns into a nice fluffy filler with the taste coming from all the veggies.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I love making flourless pancakes. 2 eggs, mushed banana, peanut butter, baking powder, applesauce, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, cook it like regular pancakes. Yumm, I am getting hungry just thinking about them.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Make eggie muffins, I love these because you can put whatever yuo like in then to hide the egg flavor. I usually do cheddar, bacon, and chive.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4NcW2ZyzUXB8KhOu-yTGPKV8EDOMsvTTENg631Uv8DunZsqNU-ARrZPxnGw

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins

Edit coz picture was huuuugggeee
    I'm so going to the grocery store to get some eggs, veggies, and cheese. Thanks for the idea!!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I can not stand them or the smell. BUT I do fine with boiled eggs if I just eat the white. The yolks make me want to hurl. I taught my kids to,scramble eggs so I wouldn't have to make eggs for them. Bad mom that I am.
  • raggyanndoll
    Options
    Amen! I hate eggs too. It is actually frustrating to go to a restaurant for breakfast because absolutely everything on the menu comes with eggs.

I am glad for this thread. I have been trying to find ways to up my protein because I am doing harder workouts. Eggs are a natural way to get protein but I just can't stand them. I have thought of trying egg whites though as I think they may be more palatable. Worth a try.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Title says it all. I can't stand eggs....the smell, texture, or taste of them (unless they're in a baked good like cake).

I want to like eggs because they're so good for you. Please, send me egg ideas for a non-egg-liker! Thanks.

ETA: I understand I don't HAVE to eat eggs, just trying to expand my horizons.
    Eat egg whites. You can actually buy them in cartons (no smell) and mix them into a shake or just scramble them in a pan.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you try something ten times you can overcome this, or so they say.

Could apply to all kinds of things!!!
  • trnnm
    trnnm Posts: 4
    Options
    Title says it all. I can't stand eggs....the smell, texture, or taste of them (unless they're in a baked good like cake).

I want to like eggs because they're so good for you. Please, send me egg ideas for a non-egg-liker! Thanks.

Try this recipe.... DON'T be thrown off by the fact that these are made with pork rinds because no one would ever know. I add extra sweetener so they are good even without syrup or jam. They are particularly great if you are doing low carb or have celiac (like me :sad: ) I have a hard time getting my friends and family to let me eat these in peace since they want them too...NO...all mine!!!!!

You Won't Believe it's Not French Toast

Ingredients:
    1/2 of a 3-oz. bag of unflavored pork rinds
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup heavy cream
    3 packets Splenda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon egg nog extract or vanilla extract

Crumble pork rinds up until they resemble bread crumbs (use your food processor if you like — or put them in a Ziploc bag, air removed, and roll them with a rolling pin.) Set aside.

Beat eggs well and then mix with remaining ingredients and beat again. Add crushed pork rinds to the egg/cream mixture and allow to sit for approximately 5 minutes. Mixture will thicken to a "gloppy" phase during this time.

Meanwhile, heat skillet or griddle with butter or oil, and when hot, fry pancake style until golden brown on both sides. Serve with low-carb maple syrup!

If you don't tell someone who eats them, they will never have a CLUE that these little french toast pancakes are made with pork rinds. And everyone loves 'em. Really. Yeah, really. Would I kid you?

Less than 1 net gram of carbohydrate per serving.

Extremely Important Notes:
    The pork rinds must be a good brand with an extremely bland taste. In my area there are 4-5 brands available, but only 2 of them are really "puffy" and contain very little pork-rindy-taste. They are Baken-ets (Frito-Lay's national brand) and Huffmann's (a local brand.) Rinds that are super crunchy don't work well for this. It's also important that they be very well crushed - just one step above dust.

Also - remember to let it really get to its "gloppy" phase and don't rush it. Plus, make sure the skillet is hot before you start adding the mix - with just enough oil to moisten bottom of pan but not enough to fry chicken in.

Lastly, while the egg nog extract is optional, it really adds something. If you don't have any, we suggest you substitute a vanilla, rather than just leaving it out.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Egg custard?

Still a baked good, but maybe the flavor will grow on you.

Personally, I love eggs! Omelets, scramble with cheese, egg salad... some of my favs!
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

Grreat... now I want eggs!
  • Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My partner hates all eggs until I started making us omelettes. He finds he can deal with the texture and actually rather enjoys them. Perhaps spicing up your eggs with flavours you like could help?

Spanish omelettes would have the best texture for you, perhaps.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I use an egg white protein powder to make protein drinks (or workout protein drinks)
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options
    Eggs Sardou, a New Orleans Creole egg dish: http://www.nolacuisine.com/2006/03/12/eggs-sardou-recipe/
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Hell, yeah!!

ETA: I got more excited about the idea that someone would cook for me for a change...the hot guy is a nice bonus, though.
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Make eggie muffins, I love these because you can put whatever yuo like in then to hide the egg flavor. I usually do cheddar, bacon, and chive.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4NcW2ZyzUXB8KhOu-yTGPKV8EDOMsvTTENg631Uv8DunZsqNU-ARrZPxnGw

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Scrambled-Egg-Muffins

Edit coz picture was huuuugggeee
    I'm so going to the grocery store to get some eggs, veggies, and cheese. Thanks for the idea!!!

No problem! They freeze well too! I usually make a batch of 2 dozen and keep them for quick breakfasts. 30 seconds in the microwave and I'm out the door
  • trnnm
    trnnm Posts: 4
    Options

Hell, yeah!!

We all Know the answer to this is.....FERTILIZED!
  • WrenStory
    WrenStory Posts: 103
    Options

Hell, yeah!!

We all Know the answer to this is.....FERTILIZED!

Ha!! :flowerforyou: