i dont get it

Options

Replies

• amili045
    Options
    Again, mental illness. And yes I've been evaluated an in treatment. So your saying I should just stop and go throw up? I appreciate your consern though but way to be. but excuse me while I go throw up then because it doesn't matter what I say all anyone is going to see is ED and diet coke.

Hun I think the point people are trying to back is that you have your own bag of problems that we could all ask "well why dont you just decide not to have those problems?" not so simple is it?
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options

Want to know what the following people have in common:
    18 Nobel Laureates
    30 Pulitzer Prize winners
    17 Supreme Court Justices
    They all drink Splenda?
  • LaJaunaF
    LaJaunaF Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I read the post where you said you have an eating disorder. That says volumes about why you are obsessive about what everyone else is eating. You need to give yourself a break along with the rest of us who are all on different journeys to fitness and health. Some will make it to goal the first time they try, others of us are falling off the wagon, left and right, but we keep coming back because we believe there is some truth to being here. We all need to learn to give each other a break from the judgments and learn to be supportive no matter where you are on the path. We really do need each other. That is the real beauty of these sites. It isn't the diary in and of itself, it is the friendships and support systems that we are building that will ultimately get us to where we need to get. I had dropped off the site for a few months and a wonderfully supportive gal (dudagarcia) kept sending me notes and asking me to return. I finally did. That is the real "tool" that this site provides. The End.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Do I look all rancid and clotted? You look at me, Jack. Eh? Look, eh? And I drink a lot of water, you know. I'm what you might call a water man, Jack - that's what I am. And I can swear to you, my boy, swear to you, that there's nothing wrong with my bodily fluids. Not a thing, Jackie.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Again, mental illness. And yes I've been evaluated an in treatment. So your saying I should just stop and go throw up? I appreciate your consern though but way to be. but excuse me while I go throw up then because it doesn't matter what I say all anyone is going to see is ED and diet coke.

I am going to make a serious suggestion here. If you have an ED, starting this type of thread and reading all the comments will not be good for you. Step away from your computer and make sure you get therapy.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Want to know what the following people have in common:
    18 Nobel Laureates
    30 Pulitzer Prize winners
    17 Supreme Court Justices
    They all drink Splenda?

:laugh:
  • orlandosgoddess21
    orlandosgoddess21 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to get into this but I just want to say one thing. The number one reason I am on here is the support. There are some amazing people who don't even know me who take the time to tell me how proud they are of me when I succeed and to pick me up when I am down. This is not easy. I have my issues just like the next person and when I come to mfp I know there are people out there who understand me and want to help me without standing on a high pedestal and telling me how wrong I am or what else I should be doing since I obviously don't know any better. None of us want to be chastised, we get that enough everywhere else. You are free to feel and believe whatever you want but I am judged day in and day out by everyone else on the planet. I'd just like this place to be a place of support and love and not finger wagging and put downs.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zps4b11c04f.png

For the win!

5krmv9.gif
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

i think drinking in moderation is perfectly fine... for example, instead of me drinking a 24 case of corona, now i try to end it at a 12 pack :)

Me too! Except I cut down from a fifth of rum to a pint. ... With diet coke.

well, duhhhh... you always have to have a diet coke with the booze, it counters the effects of the poison...
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zpsb00dd14e.png

hahahahaha, cant stop laughing...

well that doesnt make sense, diet coke contains poisonous sweetener... why would she have that in her diary?

HAHA! i saw this after my post. WIN!
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Maybe because what they are eating now is much better than they were eating before. MAYBE some day in the future they will make even better choices. Not everyone can do it all at once. (points to self)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    cat2-2.gif
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

i think drinking in moderation is perfectly fine... for example, instead of me drinking a 24 case of corona, now i try to end it at a 12 pack :)

Me too! Except I cut down from a fifth of rum to a pint. ... With diet coke.

well, duhhhh... you always have to have a diet coke with the booze, it counters the effects of the poison...

Great! Then I'm in the clear :drinker: cheers!
  • ladywendolyn
    ladywendolyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not everyone believes what you do. Everyone is a person in process... On a journey.
    This website is for support, not judgement.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

What they are saying is that it is hypocritical for you to try to "rant/shame" people for not meeting your standards when you yourself aren't even meeting them.

Don't judge unless you are prepared to be scrutinized.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I choose my poison.
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

I am no expert, and I am not saying this to be a smart *kitten*, but you views on eating the "perfect" food is also part of your eating disorder... control is a large part of an eating disorder and this is just a different way for you to do it. Please talk to a professional, again, I am not being mean and it is just my opinion.

Agreed. Please talk to a professional about these feelings. I wish you all the best.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Says we're not fully committed.

Adds endless Quick Added Calories entries to her diary.

Derp.

I :heart: you
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Poor girl
  • RaViCa
    RaViCa Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

If you can't log everything why log anything at all? Isn't that your mentality?
This discussion has been closed.