i dont get it

Options

Replies

• Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

This is one of those reasons why I don't open my diary.What I just don't get is if you notice these things why not speak to the person instead of being a back stabber??

At the end of the day don't judge a person's journey until you walk their path. They may know how to handle what they are eating and still do really well. As someone pointed out you are really not following your own gibberish very well. I allow myself a treat once in a while and I am still losing in a healthy manner but then again I am not a god like you that can obviously not put a foot wrong! Good luck to you
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zpsb00dd14e.png

hahahahaha, cant stop laughing...

get off computer, pick up phone, call poison control center IMMEDIATELY!!!
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Ok so I read the entire thread to be objective but came to realize that you are truly not a smart person.....by anyone except the greeter at Wal-mart's standard.

Ever hear the axiom that a little useful knowledge is dangerous?

To say something stupid like Yale is a joke....

Seriously, people's journey's are their's, not yours. WTF are you to criticize what someone puts in their mouth?

Did they all come to you complaining?

Want to know what the following people have in common:
    18 Nobel Laureates
    30 Pulitzer Prize winners
    17 Supreme Court Justices
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

Well aren't you just a little know it all! I guess we should all add you as a friend & take tips from you. Grow the heck up & worry about yourself.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    seriously, is this thread still going on? the OP is either a troll, a judgemental individual, a bit tapped in the head, has an agenda (but unable to provide a reason why) or a combination of the above

yes
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    hey, OP...

dietcoke_zpsb00dd14e.png

hahahahaha, cant stop laughing...

well that doesnt make sense, diet coke contains poisonous sweetener... why would she have that in her diary?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

Because an "all or nothing" attitude sets a lot of people up for failure. Small changes do make a difference, and a holier-than-thou attitude is best kept to yourself.
  • Goldie_13
    Options
    This is possibly one of the most ridiculous things I've seen... first of all you have DIET COKE in your diary. What a hypocrite! Second of all, I bet half those quick added calories are McDonalds..

I'm enjoying a nice diet Dr. Pepper at the moment, ahhh... poison tastes yummy.

I'm with ya hon. :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

i think drinking in moderation is perfectly fine... for example, instead of me drinking a 24 case of corona, now i try to end it at a 12 pack :)

Me too! Except I cut down from a fifth of rum to a pint. ... With diet coke.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Boola boola!
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    Again, mental illness. And yes I've been evaluated an in treatment. So your saying I should just stop and go throw up? I appreciate your consern though but way to be. but excuse me while I go throw up then because it doesn't matter what I say all anyone is going to see is ED and diet coke.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Then why the diet coke yesterday in your diary?

I think any change made to the positive is great and drink my sweet n low tea with great relish. It's much better than the 2 to 3 soft drinks a day I used to drink.

BUUUUUUUUURN
  • mich7500
    Options
    Some people have such a long battle ahead of them, they can't possibly change everything at once. Baby steps. Also...changing the mentality about eating something "bad" and then bingeing the rest of the day because they already slipped. Progress, not perfection. Whatever you do...it must be sustainable.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do lots of things that are "bad" for me. And I just don't really care.
  • amili045
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

WHAT?!?! I....Dont....Even.......WHAT?! Are you smoking Meth, right now??!!

this makes me smile :laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I think many people just don't know how to eat healthy. There have been so many different discoveries about what is good, what is bad, and then reports change soon after. Though everybody has different issues, it is all about sharing what works for the individual. I have to admit I felt like you when I used to go to Spark Points. Saw a lot of total junk food being touted as healthy.

mmm.. I don't agree.. I think most people know how to be healthy.. They just can't be bothered to take the time to eat that way. I mean who doesn't know that fruit salad is better then pre packaged anything? Everyone knows that.. but fruit salad takes time to make.. doesn't work with the instant gratification idea. When people get serious about health, they always have time to make the salad.
  • Guines9
    Guines9 Posts: 137
    Options
    I call it a temporary death wish... but even that passes.
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options

OMG This has made my day - literally LOL!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

this makes me smile :laugh:

me too. that guy is great
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Then why the diet coke yesterday in your diary?

I was thinking the same thing....:indifferent: *sniff.....I smell hypocrisy....
This discussion has been closed.