i dont get it

Options

Replies

• terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you are recovering from an eating disorder is there any chance that your thinking on this subject is off a little??? Since I have over a hundred pounds to lose I will do whatever works for me. That includes splenda and an occasional treat. I bake for my husband who is diabetic with splenda. Dr. recommended. Once I get the weight off then I will concentrate on keeping it off. Your energies would be better spent concentrating on your own journey.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    How was that Diet Coke you ingested yesterday? How can you drink that? It's poison.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just wonder what you'll be saying in 30 years from now when you have true life experience.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

What the HELL does that have to do with the conversation that YOU started????
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    seriously, is this thread still going on? the OP is either a troll, a judgemental individual, a bit tapped in the head, has an agenda (but unable to provide a reason why) or a combination of the above
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, my guess would be that not everyone here has the same goals. Some just want to lose weight. Some want to get healthy. Some want to get fit. The all or nothing mentality does not work for everyone. I personally eat pretty healthy most of the time, but still eat fast food occasionally or cake or whatever. Moderation.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?
    just as much as it being yale does. yale is a joke,im sorry.yes,its a godd school but its also a breeding ground for hate.

WHAT?!?! I....Dont....Even.......WHAT?! Are you smoking Meth, right now??!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hun...just stop posting.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
    well good thing i live right down from yale. so what about how some places are trying to get it passed to put lithium in our water. what about that then? got another witty comback or are people going to learn how to grow up and have a debate without taking something personally.

I'm trying to have the debate, but you continue to claim all this evidence as to the harms of "unnatural" foods, and yet you have not provided one peer reviewed study. What does living in New Haven, Ct have anything to do with the expert testimony of someone with a Phd in biology?

HAH:laugh: AAA
  • bethFromDayton
    bethFromDayton Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

Are you suggesting that if someone isn't going to be perfect they shouldn't do anything at all? Studies have shown consistently that there are health benefits to losing 10% of one's weight. That means if someone who weighs 250 (who wants to weigh 150) loses 25 pounds, he or she has made real progress towards being healthier, in terms of cholesterol, blood sugar, heart health, blood pressure, weight on legs/feet.

If the person cuts back on foods and habits that are unhealthy, then they're taking positive strides. I admire that.
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    and i never even looked at anybodys diary. i just made observations from people talking here. but cool go look at mine i dont care. so why would anyone get offended that i "might have" looked and this is where im getting my information?
  • amili045
    Options

Whoa. Before you start telling people to grow up, I'd check your attitude. Chill. Seriously.

agreed
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options

This. Is. Hysterical!
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    My mom taught me if I don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.

Thanks Mom.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Washing my nightly ice cream down with a delicious Sam Adams Whitewater IPA. It is delicious.

Thought I would share that.

Carry on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

HAH:laugh: AAA

Holy hell...was THAT (the yale comment) just said! O..M...G......bwahahahahahha
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

BUT IF YOU'RE NOT FULLY COMMITTED TO LOGGING WHY BOTHER BEING ON THIS SITE AT ALL

I MEAN COME ON, GEEZ.
    /sarcasm

...See the problem with that logic? :P
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    IM ON MY SECOND BAG OF SUPER BUTTER POPCORN AND DIET COKE READING THIS
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)

thats actually because almost everything i eat is home made and i cant be bothered to list out every single ingrediant. i eat mutiple meals a day. every 3-4 hours and cant spend all that time logging eerything. i add it up and scan everything else that i can.

BUT IF YOU'RE NOT FULLY COMMITTED TO LOGGING WHY BOTHER BEING ON THIS SITE AT ALL

I MEAN COME ON, GEEZ.
    /sarcasm

...See the problem with that logic? :P

Watch out now..you are making sense...*giggle*
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i had cookies today...snickerdoodles...home made with butter, sugar,eggs, etc
    they were good.
    i make the BEST snickerdoodles

and guess what? it is fine AND I am making progress.
This discussion has been closed.