i dont get it

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    *takes a look at my ticker*

Whatever I'm doing, it's obviously working in my favor.

How about you worry about you, and I'll worry about me. Thanks.
  • amili045
    Options
    do you ever slip up? are you perfect?
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

Good luck! I just got ripped apart for a similar post.

i don't get it either.. "oh i feel like crap, i can't lose weight.. lets go to Mickey D's" *sigh*

You got ripped apart because it is an absurd statement. Plenty of people can eat a hamburger or fried chicken and have successful weight loss journeys and/or healthy lives.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We all have our own beliefs/pet peeves/problems to address. OP thinks Splenda is a poison, yet drinks Diet Coke sweetened with aspartame. My point of view is that Splenda tastes better to me and doesn't give me violent headaches or intestinal distress. Aspartame, at least in any real quantity, does exactly those things to me. So you pick your poisons and I'll pick mine. I am with those who say that making some healthier choices and enjoying the results of those choices is not only worthwhile but also better than demanding perfection of myself, whether defined by myself or others, as a minimum threshold for change.
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    all im trying to say is that there is always a natural better alternative. i never said cut out all sugar, or dont eat fats. make it be good fats,there are plenty. i just had a piece of chocolate, but a natural one. at 88% for more of a health bennifit. i get treats all the time form the natural market down the street, cookies and cupcakes that are made from unbleached unprocessed items.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

Do you realize everything we eat or take in our bodies have some sort of research done saying its bad for you? Just Google something you will be amazed...Do no take vitamins they will kill you..Do not drink your tap water! yadda yadda yadda
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    How about you worry about your own journey and others will worry about theirs.

this,
  • acpatts
    acpatts Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You need to remember this is a journey. You can't expect people to do a 180 overnight and follow your rules. Many people find making the small changes first is a better way to stick to a plan long term. And either way you need to applaud the fact people are trying, not break them down for not doing it perfectly or doing it your way. And considering you have some not so go for you things on your diary, ie diet coke, you shouldn't be so quick to judge others. Going from fast food every day to fast food 2x per week is still progress in the right direction, even if the food is bad for you.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    all im trying to say is that there is always a natural better alternative. i never said cut out all sugar, or dont eat fats. make it be good fats,there are plenty. i just had a piece of chocolate, but a natural one. at 88% for more of a health bennifit. i get treats all the time form the natural market down the street, cookies and cupcakes that are made from unbleached unprocessed items.

So, do you have a point besides "I eat perfectly and everyone who doesn't shouldn't bother being here"? Because your control issues with food are NOT our problem.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

The moment I read your original post I knew you had an ED. "All or nothing" isn't particularly a healthy way of thinking and/or doing things. Moderation is. Believe me, I know. I'm recovering, too.

I'm not judging you, just pointing it out.

Edited for typo.
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    We all tackle our own journey to losing weight some people aren't completely committed yet to make that change, one huge culprit and big obstacle is DENIAL not saying that's the only reason but I believe it contributes a lot. From my own experience talking to people about obesity, losing weight etc is that people are not educated enough or aren't aware of how much they sabotage their body by eating a lot of these junks.

MFP is a tool so we can reach out to other people and give a word of advice or encouragement because this is not all about our own personal journey but we are here to learn as well and be less judgemental to others because at the end of the day we don't know what kind of difficulty that person is going through in his/her life.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Fluoride is a poison.. and makes your hair fall out.

It's completely true.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hey, seriously tho... Is that ALL you're gonna eat today?
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    iK32d.gif
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
    you have to actually look. theirs plenty of debate but your not going to find it on fox or cnn.

No, i get the studies from my wife, the Yale educated Phd in Biology, and they've concluded there are no negative health impacts of fluoride in water. Which studies are you talking about? Again, you are making the claims, you show the evidence.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I've been ingesting these supposed "poisons" the entire time I have used this site. Strangely, I haven't had a bit of trouble losing. What I want to know is why is there always someone who thinks that it's okay to condemn others for what they are eating. What I put in my mouth has NO impact on you and since it really ISN'T the cause of ALL my problems since I have managed to lose 90+ lbs, then your little mini-rant just sounds like you are being judgmental!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you.

says you....
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options

And that diet coke you had? Natural too? Nah.
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    How about you worry about your own journey and others will worry about theirs.

THIS ^^^^^^ !!!
This discussion has been closed.