i dont get it

Options

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.
    Plenty of poison in diet coke. There are many who would question your choice to drink it. Your not getting the point that people are trying to make. What you think is poison is just fine to others while things that you think are ok are considered bad by others.

Some people smoke, some people drink alcohol, some consume soda or even chocolate. That doesn't mean any one of them aren't serious about getting healthier
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go smoke some meth and eat a cheese burger.

Lol...nobody eats after doing that...they clean house, and bug you for cigarettes!
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Then why the diet coke yesterday in your diary?

Oh snap!

splenda is bad but aspartame good...
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Doesn't Diet Coke have Splenda now? Or is that still Nutrasweet? Hypocrite much?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

What I'm doing is obviously working for me, so you do your thing, and if you lay your hands on my burgers and fries I'll gnaw your arm off to get to them.

Oh, and if you screw with my morning cup of coffee including sweet n low and milk I'll get stabby.
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Probably because they're are human beings and do things based on feelings? I'm 100% positive you don't do everything that you know is good for you and avoid everything bad.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is why your diary is mostly quick add calories? You say it's homemade and you can't be bothered with adding EVERY single ingredient. Yeah whatever. Do you know what it's in your Diet Coke hun? You need to be worried about other things.

Right? The recipe feature on this site is amazing- it might be my favorite thing about MFP…
  • ladyqwerty
    Options
    People have a hard time being objective.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go smoke some meth and eat a cheese burger.

Lol...nobody eats after doing that...they clean house, and bug you for cigarettes!

Smoke some meth and clean my house while I eat a cheeseburger! :D
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    "splenda" obviously okay,of all places to completley miss the point of anything i said this is ridiculous. im not specifically claiming this all as splenda's fault. yes it is horrible. why do you have to get so fixed on just splenda though? look past just the surface and maybe re evaluate and look things up. do some research.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

but so if i do meth once in a while it wont kill me. so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.

I am no expert, and I am not saying this to be a smart *kitten*, but you views on eating the "perfect" food is also part of your eating disorder... control is a large part of an eating disorder and this is just a different way for you to do it. Please talk to a professional, again, I am not being mean and it is just my opinion.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

but so if i do meth once in a while it wont kill me. so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.

I find it sad and a bit crazy that you just compared splenda to meth. Really...don't go there.....

ETA: Trying to back your argument by going to extremes doesn't really help you. Just saying.

I'll have to try smoking Splenda tonight. Given my poisonous diet and obvious lack of success I have nothing to lose.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    What I don't get is why your diary is mostly quick add calories? You say it's homemade and you can't be bothered with adding EVERY single ingredient. Yeah whatever. Do you know what it's in your Diet Coke hun? You need to be worried about other things.

To add - there is a recipe option.

Even though I eat things you'd consider *poison* - I am conscious about my health. I log everything. I create recipes and yes, it can be a pain but I do it.

I could argue that because YOU don't take the time to do this that you aren't really serious about your health. But I won't because I'm not you. I am not going to judge if someone does quick calories or not..I'm not going to judge if someone has that fast food burger one day or uses splenda in their homemade cake.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Didn't know there was a fluoride debate. I thought it was needed for healthy teeth. It's been added to the water I've been drinking for over 40 years, but never heard of a debate.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    but its just crazy how people dont realize that its bad, but justify that its not as bad as something else there for its acceptable. if your not fully committed why even bother?

Well then you better move out of the city, there's pollutants in the water. And don't move to a factory or oil town, unless you have an oxygen mask. Oh and don't forget to quit using air fresheners you spray, they have poison in them. Also, don't use cleaners like lysol, bleach, bleach alternatives and windex, they have abrasive properties. Make sure you get rid of all your carpet because every time you vacuum there are germs that are pushed into the air. Don't use fake, chemical laden deodorants, hair spray, makeup or fingernail polish and remover either.

I'm glad you're taking these steps to get rid of everything that MIGHT be harmful to you.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Sweetie give up....lol..
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Normally, I don't reply to these posts because I think the OP has an agenda. I looked over your food log for the past few days. Diet Coke. I'm not sure how you get away with calling out Splenda. Also you quick add many calories. What are those? Lots of chocolate too.

Honestly, at 21 yo you are ahead of the game with thinking about nutrition, but please don't judge the rest of us. My new year's goal this year was moderation. Find what works for you. Think about how bad others eat and learn for yourself, but keep it as a learning experience for yourself.

I wish you all the happiness you can find in life. You've already had more of a journey than a lot of us, but please, please don't think you are better than the rest of us. We are alllllllll on a journey.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    somebody isnt listening...
  • aychbomm
    Options
    How about you worry about your own journey and others will worry about theirs.

Exactly :wink:
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "splenda" obviously okay,of all places to completley miss the point of anything i said this is ridiculous. im not specifically claiming this all as splenda's fault. yes it is horrible. why do you have to get so fixed on just splenda though? look past just the surface and maybe re evaluate and look things up. do some research.

Again, what evidence do you have to show that splenda is "bad"? I'm unfamiliar with the peer reviewed studies done on the long term health effects of splenda....or a high fat diet in moderation......please, educate me, you have the burden, you made the claim.

See, that is how SCIENCE works.
This discussion has been closed.