i dont get it

Options

Replies

• MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Have you ever put anything in your body that wasn't good for you? Like. . . alcohol, soda, fast food, etc.? I bet your answer would be YES!
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.
    It's simple.
    Many of us still enjoy living life and not obsessing over silly things.
    At day's end the food Nazi can find something wrong with just about anything.
    Count me out of that herd.
    My results have been stellar, so I see no reason to turn fruitcake over food intake.
    All things are permissible....in moderation.
    :flowerforyou:
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    Wow.

At this point I do not have a comment. However, I have no doubt that other posters will say exactly what is on my mind at this moment so there's no need :happy:
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Obesity is one the leading causes of death these days, from a multitude of illnesses. 2/3rds of Americans are overweight.

Who's gonna pay for that?

Dafaq does this have to do with anything?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not getting enough fluoride

obey.png
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I assume, which i probably shouldnt, that everyone on here is committed to making their lifestyle more healthy and to lose weight that may or may not be needed to. but how can so many people still be eating things that are known to be poisonous. splenda,fast food, its all so bad for you. thats not even getting into the fluoride debate. the point is that people are willingly ingesting things they know to be bad in so many different ways but dont care or realize that this is probably one of the causes to their troubles to begin with. mini rant? yeah. idk someone try shedding a little bit of light because ive been trying to understand this and i just cant.

Because many of us still enjoy living life and not obsessing over silly things.
    At day's end the food Nazi can find something wrong with just about anything.
    Count me out of that herd.
    My results have been stellar, so I see no reason to fruitcake over food intake.
    All things are permissible....in moderation.
    :flowerforyou:

Mmmmmmm...fruitcake :)
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I guess some of the reasoning behind this is because we are told so much by the media etc on what is healthy, unhealthy, deadly, poisonous, going to make us live longer, carcenogenic, etc, etc, etc....we can easily hear that one thing will kill us early one day and then next it is suddenly going to help us???? Frustrating for people who have interest in their health.

For someone like me, I enjoy being healthy and fit to a certain extent...but I am not about to change my life 100%, 100% of the time - based on everything I hear. I try to make educated decisions. For example...I do agree that artificial sweetners are terrible for you...so I have tried hard to lower my diet soda intake and try hard to make sure my fruit yogurts do not contain this. But I am not going to be so harsh on myself if I want a couple of diet sodas weekly or some sugarfree gum to help cravings.

I guess a lack of eduation on the topics will be a big reason so many people are oblivious to lots of things. I know I have learnt a lot already from my MFP friends.

I hope this helps you be a little clearer on why things aren't just so B&W.

Have a good day!! :)
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I think just looking at a few days, or a week, of someone's diary is just a snapshot. It's nowhere close to the whole picture.

Nor does it tell where someone started. I agree, we're all trying to do better. But that is different for all of us depending on where we started.
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Guys splenda is poisonous...we're all going to die
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Half of your diary is "quick added" calories.

At least we are being honest about what we are eating.

(honestly I don't care what you put in your diary, I'm just making a point....glass houses)
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go smoke some meth and eat a cheese burger.
  • peaceloveweedandveggies
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

but so if i do meth once in a while it wont kill me. so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    More healthy =/= perfectly healthy. In a perfect world, all our food would be organic and pure and lovely, but the majority of us live in an imperfect reality where we make compromises every day to try to meet our nutritional needs while staying within a budget, cooperating with friends and family, meeting the demands of a busy schedule, etc. For many people, an all-or-nothing mentality is an invitation to failure: "Well, I had a Twinkie, so now everything is ruined and I might as well just eat a whole bucket of fried chicken." For a lot of folks, being able to be more healthy without expecting 100% perfection is the only way to make a lifestyle change that will stick.

Great reply, I agree completely.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    some people obsess over the silliest of things.

your problem is with splenda?

my advice? get over it. other people eat what they want. you eat what you want.

nobody dies
  • ummnadir
    Options
    I am so glad you are not on my friend list. please don't add me.
  • Living91
    Options
    I've always eaten fast food, chocolate, cake, COOKIES, CANDY, DIET COKE!?!?!?!?!?!

And I've never had a weight problem.... Obviously those foods aren't ideal to be eating but they're not the sole cause of excess weight on people.

*must not add "duh!"*
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    the Sun can cause cancer so i hope you spend every moment outside in one of these.

NBC_SUIT_01.png80382b98-7b88-47f8-80d9-0e8994ac7696Large.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

well thats because im recovering from an eating disorder but thats not the point. that is a mental illness.
    so id i said in moderation i should drink because thats better then doing meth is that okay too?

Yes, it is a better choice. It IS better to drink from time to time than doing Meth......

but so if i do meth once in a while it wont kill me. so if i mess up from time to time and fall to meth it wont kill me? but it will. and so is ingesting toxic material. i put things into my body that i know i need and yeah im broke most of the time as most people are these days, and i do have to make compromises but i cant knowingly put t\anything into my body that will cause it harm.

I find it sad and a bit crazy that you just compared splenda to meth. Really...don't go there.....

ETA: Trying to back your argument by going to extremes doesn't really help you. Just saying.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    Do you drive a car while texting? Now, shush you!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You realize the sodium benzoate in your diet coke yesterday has been found to break down mitochondrial DNA in living cells. Research published in 2007 for the British government's Food Standards Agency links sodium benzoate to hyperactive behavior and decreased intelligence.
This discussion has been closed.