Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome lessismore!

Today, I put in 6 hours painting bedrooms and closets... Yeesh! I decided to see what the "burn" is because boy am I pooped. Livestrong says 167 per half hour for interior painting so between yesterday and today I'm over 3000 calories burned! How cool is that!!!!! Suddenly my back feels better HAHAHA!

I put a pork loin in the crockpot this morning so I had yummy dinner ready to go! I'm going to rest a bit and read to unwind, then head back over to do a little more prep so I can hit it hard again in the morning.

Hope you all had a great day!

Tami
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    51 and would love to be part of this group

Where in ohio? Getting snow? :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome lessismore!

Today, I put in 6 hours painting bedrooms and closets... Yeesh! I decided to see what the "burn" is because boy am I pooped. Livestrong says 167 per half hour for interior painting so between yesterday and today I'm over 3000 calories burned! How cool is that!!!!! Suddenly my back feels better HAHAHA!

I put a pork loin in the crockpot this morning so I had yummy dinner ready to go! I'm going to rest a bit and read to unwind, then head back over to do a little more prep so I can hit it hard again in the morning.

Hope you all had a great day!

Tami
    You go girl. I'm tired just reading your post. :) feel the burn.
  • pattig22
    pattig22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    53 and need help staying on track.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    That's why we're here pattig22. Welcome
  • pattig22
    pattig22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have been so good (mostly) about my meals, but I find myself "cheating" every day, usually at night. Any advice on how to kick this habit? The devil on my shoulder is very persistent.
  • Sandcastles61
    Options
    Hey there Pattig..... Welcome! Boy if I had the answer to that question I think I'd be a millionaire :)

Love all your positive feedback Butbygrace!

My sweet fella originally told me it would me take 2 weeks to paint the interior of that monolith of a house, and I laughed and told him 4 days max.. He helped me paint the family room tonight and pull the kitchen sink so new counters can go in this weekend and was surprised when he saw how far I was. I'm down to two bathrooms, the entry, a decorator color on one wall in the formal living room and a couple walls in the laundry room..... Oh, and I'm changing up the kitchen but after the new countertops go in that's going to be a fairly easy finish to the wall paint. I'm 5 days in, including a couple days of shopping, work of course and medical appts for my son included, and gave myself a month to do the house inside and out before I get it on the market ..., but the rains have returned, so my focus is inside only right now. Feeling accomplished today! Best part is i have kept myself so busy I'm not thinking about food! Bad part is I get my best weight loss eating 5 small times a day........ Guess I'll see where I fall on Monday!

Hope you are all feeling accomplished this week as well ❤

• SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Patting, I know how you feel! It's hard, but you need to refocus your mind on something else. These cravings usually hit me when I am sitting watching mindless TV and it helps me to do something -- anything! Hang in there!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm new here, but have been kinda lurking and reading along - 50+ yes, and this morning my weight checked-in at one of those seemingly special "multiples of 10", placing me about 14-lbs (a whole stone!) down from my pre-Christmas weight.

My one belt-hole of downsizing seemed impossible for the past few years; now I wonder why I waited to do this for myself.

I prolly won't add much to your thread, but I'll be here lurking and following along.

-- Stan
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Welcome all. Sandcastle, you are a hard worker. I whine just cleaning my house, let alone major remodeling it :)

Pattig, snacking at night may not be to bad if you snack on healthier things, and limit the amounts. If I feel the need to snack I count out 20 quinoa chips, or have a few strawberries dipped in whipped cream, or a handful of veggies with hummus, or even popcorn. And always, always with a bottle of water. Hopefully that helps
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    56 here. Was a couch potato for life until about 3-4 years ago. Now I'm running, lifting, and going a little crazy....
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    56 here. Was a couch potato for life until about 3-4 years ago. Now I'm running, lifting, and going a little crazy....

I'm 56 also, still hoping for the craziness to begin :). Got the food part down, but struggling to get started on exercise. Ugh!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

I'm 56 also, still hoping for the craziness to begin :). Got the food part down, but struggling to get started on exercise. Ugh!
    Don't call it exercise! Find something you enjoy doing and do it. For me it's cycling. I am so at peace when I'm on my bike. (I'm also learning to like running.) Hike, walk, tennis, swim, whatever!
  • Sandcastles61
    Options
    Morning everyone! Just wanted to check in and see if you saw this morning's blog post on binge eating? Quite timely!

My small victory today..... I tried on the brand new jeans I got in December and they fit! No jiggly muffin top hanging over the too small waistband! Woohoo! Those jeans were actually the motivation for me to get back on track.... My sweet fella picked them out for me and has asked a couple of times why I hadn't worn them yet. I finally had to fess up. I'm going to surprise him and wear them tonight when we go swimming :)

Hope you are all celebrating your own small victories today <3
  • corbett586
    Options
    I've been meaning to post here for a few days but have difficulty in finding the thread as it's a message under another group. Another downfall of age is that some days your memory just isn't what it used to be. Anyway, if anyone is interested, I've created an actual group that hopefully will be easier to find. I need to go out right now but will introduce myself "formally" tonight. Hope to see you all later.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Morning everyone! Just wanted to check in and see if you saw this morning's blog post on binge eating? Quite timely!

My small victory today..... I tried on the brand new jeans I got in December and they fit! No jiggly muffin top hanging over the too small waistband! Woohoo! Those jeans were actually the motivation for me to get back on track.... My sweet fella picked them out for me and has asked a couple of times why I hadn't worn them yet. I finally had to fess up. I'm going to surprise him and wear them tonight when we go swimming :)

You swimming in your jeans? ;) jk
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    corbett586 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to post here for a few days but have difficulty in finding the thread as it's a message under another group. Another downfall of age is that some days your memory just isn't what it used to be. Anyway, if anyone is interested, I've created an actual group that hopefully will be easier to find. I need to go out right now but will introduce myself "formally" tonight. Hope to see you all later.

I had trouble finding where I had posted at first. I knew I had posted but didn't know where. But then learned about the little yellow stars. :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options

You swimming in your jeans? ;) jk
    and a huge congrats on the jeans!!

• butbygrace206
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Don't call it exercise! Find something you enjoy doing and do it. For me it's cycling. I am so at peace when I'm on my bike. (I'm also learning to like running.) Hike, walk, tennis, swim, whatever!

I enjoy walking. As soon as the weather breaks, here in Ohio, I will start walking.
  • karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have been on MFP since August 2014. I have lost 45 pounds and need to lose another 10 or more. I retired May 2013 and am a type 2 diabetic. I am now off all medications because of the weight loss and exercise. Exercise is critical for keeping blood sugar down as well as eating healthy. I would love to join this support group because I have found a lot of good ideas and wise advice on this site. Many people here have tried many different diet plans and have lost weight over and over and keep gaining it back over and over. It's a roller coaster I want to get off of and lose the weight and maintain it for good. I am learning to change my brain this time, which I now believe is the key. A book I highly recommend is Never Say Diet by Chantel Hobbs. She teaches you how to change your brain and how to make 5 decisions that will help make the change permanent. She lost 200 pounds and did it on her own. You can order it on Amazon. It's worth checking it out. It has been a tremendous help to me.