I'm tired of unhealthy people making excuses

Options
If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!

Replies

• DuhhMuffin
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we've already admitted that to ourselves >____>
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we've already admitted that to ourselves >____>

yeah, but what about all of the people who aren't here making excuses? drives me bonkers! I have family members that fit that description perfectly.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Never go to tumblr under the "fat acceptance" tag, then. Everyone there has "genetic" problems, and they've "tried everything under the sun" so they are content in saying "im just a big girl!"

Yeah **** that. I don't care who you are, if you think that way I automatically think your pathetic.
  • rockangel8907
    rockangel8907 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!
    Yes! I'm tired of hearing my friends talk about going on these crash diets, only to be b!tchy and hungry and give in after three days and complain that they just can't lose weight.....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you aint my mom
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of judgmental threads hating on people.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun thread...and, go.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed at why people care so much whether someone else is overweight... Or why they are over weight? Yes, 9 times out of 10, people are overweight because they eat too much and work out too little, regardless of genetics, etc... But... as long as you are at a weight you are happy with... What's it to you if I'm not at an ideal weight?
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

^^ This. Why is everybody so concerned with what everyone else is doing? You worry about you and I'll worry about me, mmkay?
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I think almost every one of us here was one of those people at some point. Some of us have gotten to the point where we are ready to change, and others aren't there yet.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options

^^ This. Why is everybody so concerned with what everyone else is doing? You worry about you and I'll worry about me, mmkay?

amen.....worry about what you can do to improve yourself.
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i'm tired of judgmental people. i love and accept everyone. and there are many reasons other than laziness to be overweight. and there are many different levels of overweight. i worry about myself and my family, not what other people are doing or eating.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you must have loved people judging you before you started getting healthier. Try your best to educate these people, not lecture or judge.
  • sunnyinaz78
    Options
    Remember when we used to be one of "THOSE" people! Everyone has to realize they have control of their own bodies and what they put in their mouths in their own time. I know I wasn't ready a year ago, I hadn't been ready for the past 15 yrs! But thank the Universe....I finally have come to my own realization and love this lifestyle it's always what I have wanted for myself even when I did make excuses. All we can do is set an example for our friends and family, stay positive and move forward to a healthy, happy life and look damn good doing it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you must have loved people judging you before you started getting healthier. Try your best to educate these people, not lecture or judge.

dont educate UNLESS they ask you first
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can understand where OP is coming from. My sister is morbidly obese and she's NOT happy. It's very sad. And im not sure why she hasn't had her aha moment yet. she has diabetes, her hair is falling out, she has gout, she has sleep apnea, and she's not even 40 yet! Her weight issues make her super defensive and she comes off as a *****. Then she complains to me about her weight. So when I call her out on her bad habits I can almost hear her digging her heels in. I don't know how to help her anymore.
  • enigmachik
    Options

this
  • Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    QUOTED FROM ANOTHER POSTER ABOVE: "I'm always amazed at why people care so much whether someone else is overweight... Or why they are over weight? Yes, 9 times out of 10, people are overweight because they eat too much and work out too little, regardless of genetics, etc... But... as long as you are at a weight you are happy with... What's it to you if I'm not at an ideal weight?"

Because overweight people require more treatments at doctors, hospitals, and medications due to their aches, pains, back injuries, diabetes, and heart disease. This in turn affects our health care system. Quite often they seek disabilities seeking financial help for an issue that they could address by eating better and exercising. These are the reasons that it bothers me that people allow themselves to become obese. IT does affect other people.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    QUOTED FROM ANOTHER POSTER ABOVE: "I'm always amazed at why people care so much whether someone else is overweight... Or why they are over weight? Yes, 9 times out of 10, people are overweight because they eat too much and work out too little, regardless of genetics, etc... But... as long as you are at a weight you are happy with... What's it to you if I'm not at an ideal weight?"

Because overweight people require more treatments at doctors, hospitals, and medications due to their aches, pains, back injuries, diabetes, and heart disease. This in turn affects our health care system. Quite often they seek disabilities seeking financial help for an issue that they could address by eating better and exercising. These are the reasons that it bothers me that people allow themselves to become obese. IT does affect other people.

Believe me... obese people are not the only ones that drum up health care costs for people... what about binge smokers/drinkers, drug addicts, people that can't control their kids so have the doctors over medicate them ( Don't get me wrong, there are absolutely kids that need the meds they are on, but there are also a lot of parent's that just refuse to spend the time to parent their kids)... And Hypochondriacs... I know a girl who makes at least weekly visits to the E.R. because she's an attention *kitten*, unless she has something obviously physically wrong with her, the doctors have seen her sooooooo much when there was nothing wrong with her that they won't see her anymore.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options

are you willing to treat all ill people badly?
    What about us Type 1 diabetics? Those of us who have hashimotos? Rheumatoid Arthritis? etc.....that's a lot of people.
    And my medical expenses effect you only to the extent that you have to pay for them...and so far, that's not at all.