blue people are the worst
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    cool-story-bro-needs-more-dinosaurs.jpg
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of judgmental threads hating on people.

me 2
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    You don't own me!
  • joyous504
    Options
    WORD!!!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    A personal issue of some sort. Either way just do whats best for you, other people have struggles no matter.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can understand where OP is coming from. My sister is morbidly obese and she's NOT happy. It's very sad. And im not sure why she hasn't had her aha moment yet. she has diabetes, her hair is falling out, she has gout, she has sleep apnea, and she's not even 40 yet! Her weight issues make her super defensive and she comes off as a *****. Then she complains to me about her weight. So when I call her out on her bad habits I can almost hear her digging her heels in. I don't know how to help her anymore.

this is one of those you can lead a horse to water issue. I know i am over weight and i know i have to deal with this i can only do it now because i choose to do it for me. until your sister does that you cant do anything except give her the tools. if you were over weight maybe see if you cant get together and work out? if she wants or just have her log her food in a journal pen and paper so she can actually see. i know its hard to watch someone hurt themselves when they can get better but you cant get them too. Maybe show her that it took you however long to get to where you are now etc. when you point things out try not to judge maybe that is what she having issues with. I dont know im not her or in your family but try these maybe you can change her mind set. hope it helps ^_^

TO everyone else :
    People will be ready when they are ready if they bother you ignore them or be matter of fact dont complain unless you can show me your trying.

Thanks for the kind words. And it's more frustration on my part than being judgmental. I'm not "tired" of her excuses. more like i see them for what they are and I just wish she would be honest with herself. I didn't have weight issues growing up. I've only recently joined MFP to get healthier after having my second kid. I suspect this is one of her reasons for her unwillingness to hear me. She's sorta like "You don't understand what it's like to be like me!" I would so love to go to the gym with her and support her that way. Unfortunately we live in different states.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    i hate this place
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people.

This.

Except OP isn't a person. It's a judgmental smurf.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people.

This is my life mantra.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    The accepted calorie burn for lugging about all that judgement, is about 4.5 cal/min, which comes out to 270/hr. That is sweet! Keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, you could become less emotionally invested in other people's health and fitness. Unless you really do care about them, in which case you could provide them with a link to this post. I'm sure it will help motivate them.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It's mean people like this always telling me how fat I am that make me want to go eat something. How about a "Great Job!" once in a while!! Is that so freakin' hard??? Why is it always..."Stop making stupid excuses you fat excuse for a human being!!! Get up off your fat butt and eat something healthy for a change!!!" Like that motivation really works.

You know what.....one of these days my appeal is gonna come through, and I won't be on "the row" anymore and I'll get out of here and when I do...I'm gonna
    Great job CM!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of judgmental threads hating on people.

^^ This. Why is everybody so concerned with what everyone else is doing? You worry about you and I'll worry about me, mmkay?

amen.....worry about what you can do to improve yourself.

Ditto
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    FdAFJ.gif
  • ToshaFeb268
    Options
    I think almost every one of us here was one of those people at some point. Some of us have gotten to the point where we are ready to change, and others aren't there yet.

^^^This.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we've already admitted that to ourselves >____>

yeah, but what about all of the people who aren't here making excuses?
    They aren't reading you post, I assume.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people.

Me too they make me angry.

LOL and the point of the original post is...????

I dont think "unhealthy" people are on this site.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!

wow you should become a counselor for alcoholics and drug addicts as well! Sometimes it's just not that simple...
  • portergolf
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!

I found this to be a funny post! We are at the half way point today in our 3 month weight loss challenge at work and I can't believe the excuse people come up with at our bi-weekly weigh-ins. Of the 19 people in it we have 9 people who have lost 2 or less pounds in 6 weeks and 3 of them actually gained weight. On the good side we have 6 people who have lost more than 10lbs including two that have lost 25lbs.

Its funny when people say "Oh, I have been busy with work and family and holidays" my response is Every single person in the contest is busy with work and with the exception of 1 person we all have kids and most of us have kids in the 1-6 year old range.

I have even asked some people why they signed up and paid their money to just donate it???

I actually sent out an email yesterday to the entire group of contest participants say that January is not officially "NO EXCUSES JANUARY"

I have realized that you either want to make change or you don't but you can't make someone change if they really don't have an interest.