I'm tired of unhealthy people making excuses

Options

Replies

• Me48Plus2
    Options
    OMG YEAH !!!!! I work with a lady who's at least 100 pounds overweight. I exercise and eat right ( still need to lose a few), but she knows I take care of myself. She sat with me one day and for a half hour , gave me every excuse why she didn't exercise. I wanted to say 'what do I care? It's your body, if you want to be unhealthy, go for it'.
  • GiantsGetDevoured
    Options
    Chocolateeeeeeeee is my excuse.
  • no1belongs
    Options
    I can understand where OP is coming from. My sister is morbidly obese and she's NOT happy. It's very sad. And im not sure why she hasn't had her aha moment yet. she has diabetes, her hair is falling out, she has gout, she has sleep apnea, and she's not even 40 yet! Her weight issues make her super defensive and she comes off as a *****. Then she complains to me about her weight. So when I call her out on her bad habits I can almost hear her digging her heels in. I don't know how to help her anymore.

this is one of those you can lead a horse to water issue. I know i am over weight and i know i have to deal with this i can only do it now because i choose to do it for me. until your sister does that you cant do anything except give her the tools. if you were over weight maybe see if you cant get together and work out? if she wants or just have her log her food in a journal pen and paper so she can actually see. i know its hard to watch someone hurt themselves when they can get better but you cant get them too. Maybe show her that it took you however long to get to where you are now etc. when you point things out try not to judge maybe that is what she having issues with. I dont know im not her or in your family but try these maybe you can change her mind set. hope it helps ^_^

TO everyone else :
    People will be ready when they are ready if they bother you ignore them or be matter of fact dont complain unless you can show me your trying.
  • Huskysizeit
    Options
    me too except for my circumstances. you see, my couch is closer to the fridge than the treadmill.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!
    I finally get it now! Thank you so much for your help!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    you aint my mom

^this

No, wait a second!! Mom? Is that you?? How many times do I have to tell you that I'm an adult now and I don't have to listen to you anymore?!?!?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    :noway:

this is so supportive.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    QUOTED FROM ANOTHER POSTER ABOVE: "I'm always amazed at why people care so much whether someone else is overweight... Or why they are over weight? Yes, 9 times out of 10, people are overweight because they eat too much and work out too little, regardless of genetics, etc... But... as long as you are at a weight you are happy with... What's it to you if I'm not at an ideal weight?"

Because overweight people require more treatments at doctors, hospitals, and medications due to their aches, pains, back injuries, diabetes, and heart disease. This in turn affects our health care system. Quite often they seek disabilities seeking financial help for an issue that they could address by eating better and exercising. These are the reasons that it bothers me that people allow themselves to become obese. IT does affect other people.

That sounds like a great reason to charge obese people more for insurance. It is NOT a license to tell other people how to live their lives.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Awe, honey...do you need some attention?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    9LPmf.gif
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we've already admitted that to ourselves >____>

yeah, but what about all of the people who aren't here making excuses? drives me bonkers! I have family members that fit that description perfectly.

It's quite simple, really. The people who aren't here will not see this incredibly motivating post and will not be able to improve themselves.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Judgy McJudgerson has her judgy pants on.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Don't tell me what to do!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we've already admitted that to ourselves >____>

yeah, but what about all of the people who aren't here making excuses? drives me bonkers! I have family members that fit that description perfectly.

People who aren't here aren't going to see this....... duh.
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm always amazed at why people care so much whether someone else is overweight... Or why they are over weight? Yes, 9 times out of 10, people are overweight because they eat too much and work out too little, regardless of genetics, etc... But... as long as you are at a weight you are happy with... What's it to you if I'm not at an ideal weight?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    It's mean people like this always telling me how fat I am that make me want to go eat something. How about a "Great Job!" once in a while!! Is that so freakin' hard??? Why is it always..."Stop making stupid excuses you fat excuse for a human being!!! Get up off your fat butt and eat something healthy for a change!!!" Like that motivation really works.

You know what.....one of these days my appeal is gonna come through, and I won't be on "the row" anymore and I'll get out of here and when I do...I'm gonna
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

I was blaming everything under the moon this whole time!
    I WAS DOING IT WRONG!!!!!!
    AAAAAHHHH!!!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Your body is a reflection of the choices you make every day.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! You should write a book.