I'm tired of unhealthy people making excuses

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of judgmental threads hating on people.

^^ This. Why is everybody so concerned with what everyone else is doing? You worry about you and I'll worry about me, mmkay?

Because I have family members on the cusp of Type 2 diabetes that eat cookies all day and say it is genetics. It drives me crazy. Some people want to accept a mediocre existance.

If you're happy with yourself great! I don't care about your weight. I just hate it when unhealthy people make excuses.

Who said anything about weight anyway? I said "unhealthy"..that could mean skinny fat too.
    It really isn't any of your business, though.

My mother is not my business? HELLO? I love my mother and I want her to live to see my kids grow up.
    And exactly how are you going to make her live her life the way you want her to?

For the record, my grandfather has Type 2 and is 87 years old. It isn't a happy thing to have, but it isn't fatal. Your mother is an adult. Nagging her isn't going to do anything.

What an adult does to his or her own body is none of your business, no matter who it is.
  • serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options

^^ This. Why is everybody so concerned with what everyone else is doing? You worry about you and I'll worry about me, mmkay?

Because I have family members on the cusp of Type 2 diabetes that eat cookies all day and say it is genetics. It drives me crazy. Some people want to accept a mediocre existance.

If you're happy with yourself great! I don't care about your weight. I just hate it when unhealthy people make excuses.

Who said anything about weight anyway? I said "unhealthy"..that could mean skinny fat too.
    It really isn't any of your business, though.

My mother is not my business? HELLO? I love my mother and I want her to live to see my kids grow up.
    And exactly how are you going to make her live her life the way you want her to?

For the record, my grandfather has Type 2 and is 87 years old. It isn't a happy thing to have, but it isn't fatal. Your mother is an adult. Nagging her isn't going to do anything.

What an adult does to his or her own body is none of your business, no matter who it is.

I stopped nagging her years ago.

Bottom line, if you're unhealthy, do something.
  • rml_16
    Options

What if you don't want to?
  • serapi
    Options

Then stay unhealthy. Just accept that if you're unhealthy (due to lifestyle choices), you've made a choice to be that way.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you aint my mom
  • rml_16
    Options

Then stay unhealthy. Just accept that if you're unhealthy (due to lifestyle choices), you've made a choice to be that way.
    I suddenly have whiplash.
  • Irishshamrock
    Options
    Chocolateeeeeeeee is my excuse.

Yup...I second this statement.
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard. It is a disease and sometimes the only way people can get thru it is to make excuses. They are scared, worried, holding grudges, fighting with spouses. Whatever the case may be, did you ever think that maybe that's their way of getting thru it, is to talk? It's sad to think there are people, out there, who so easily turn away from the weak. Time to think. WWJD?
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I've run into a LOT of those over the last month or so. People who are so much more willing to complain about wanting to lose weight rather than putting forth any effort to do so.

It's just like the adage about the hound dog that howls because he's laying on a nail....someone asks the old man why the dog doesn't move - he responds "Because it doesn't hurt him enough."

People will do something when something bothers them enough to put forth effort. (I did.)
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Judgy McJudgerson has her judgy pants on.

And you're doing what to "Judgy McJudgerson", exactly?
    Lolwut?

I see what you tried to do there, but alas, it failed. Womp womp.

Actually, if you see what I was trying to do, it succeeded. I just wanted to know if you saw it.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

You might want to go back and read what you just wrote. And then go apply it to your mother. :grumble:
  • serapi
    Options
    You might want to go back and read what you just wrote. And then go apply it to your mother. :grumble:

I do, but I think in my head, "stop complaining and get on with it!"

I change the subject as quickly as possible b/c biting my lip starts to hurt.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    This whole thread would have been lots less contentious had you mentioned you were talking aobut your mother in the first post...or that you meant "complainers who make excuses".

Wait, no it wouldn't have...what am I thinking?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Problem here is that you could have said "Rant about my mother" and you would have gotten sympathy. As it was, you came off as sounding like you were ranting at us.

You know that other people can see this, right?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    If you are unhealthy due to poor eating habits and lifestyle, then admit it to yourself and get on with it! Stop blaming everything under the sun!

Eat less, eat better, get active!

People have to come to things in their own way, and their own time.

If someone is irritating you, well, that's easy enough; don't spend time with that person! If you choose to spend time with them, suck up your irritation and get over it!

Judgemental people do not make things better; that attitude only reinforces someone's desire to do the complete opposite. We ALL learned that as teenagers (or by raising teenagers!).
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

/thread
  • serapi
    Options
    Problem here is that you could have said "Rant about my mother" and you would have gotten sympathy. As it was, you came off as sounding like you were ranting at us.

You know that other people can see this, right?

Yeah, I can. I pumped out my rant. It's done (for now). I can't stand being around complainers...it's hard to avoid family and people you love, even if they complain too much about things they have control over....like health.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of stupid people making blanket statements.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

^^^ This. Especially coming from someone here who doesn't have a photo of themselves...
  • serapi
    Options

^^^ This. Especially coming from someone here who doesn't have a photo of themselves...

so what? I'm 5'8" and 127 lbs and age 41.

I could post a picture of a model...so what?