Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    god i'd kill for a coffee now
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Use to drink 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day(with milk and sugar)

Since the 6th of Jan this year I haven't had caffine or sugar, feel so much better for it
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Due to my thyroid medication I can't have any for another half an hour. :sad:
  • minkmagic
    Options
    I could never abstain from coffee! It's bad enough that I can't drink wine as I used to but there's no way I'm giving up my coffee, it's therapeutic for me! I drink mine with soy or almond milk and so far I haven't noticed any negative effects.
  • wickedwendy6
    wickedwendy6 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I stopped completely after reading the book - Caffeine Blues. There is a lot that the general populace doesn't know about the effects of caffeine on the body and the big coffee companies by the likes of Starbucks etc DO NOT want you to know. I used to be a die hard coffee lover and I still have a decaf once a week but I can't begin to describe how much better I feel now.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have one cup of coffee every morning. I have to have real half and half in it though. No sugar. I can't drink it any other way. So yeah, that's 100 calories pretty much wasted. Lol I still lose just fine so it's worth it for me.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I have coffee on my work days and if I eat out and the place has good coffee, since I LOVE the stuff. More often than not I have it black, but I will indulge in cream or, for a major treat, and International Delight flavour. I figure a few extra calories are not going to harm me as long as I don't overindulge, and I've never been particularly responsive to caffeine.
  • Aquarii
    Aquarii Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I never really drank coffee until I started working a security job (random 16 hour shifts/night shifts, yay). I have not noticed it having any effect on my weight loss. Though, if anything, it has helped to keep me up so that I could go to the gym after work. So... yup, good stuff imo. The only bad part about coffee is that it stains teeth like no other.
  • OliveRiver
    OliveRiver Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I drink 3 cups every morning (kind of mandatory when you wake up at 4 a.m.).
    I will say that since beginning my effort to lose weight, I have gradually conditioned myself to drink just regular black coffee.
    Without all of the additives that most people put in, it's not bad for you at all and has actually been said to help with your metabolism.
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Taking away my coffee is the only 100% fool proof way to turn me into Godzilla. I drink it with skim milk, no sugar and can't imagine going a day without it. Why I drink it? It tastes awesome!
  • Carol_Magee
    Carol_Magee Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I never really drank coffee until I started working a security job (random 16 hour shifts/night shifts, yay). I have not noticed it having any effect on my weight loss. Though, if anything, it has helped to keep me up so that I could go to the gym after work. So... yup, good stuff imo. The only bad part about coffee is that it stains teeth like no other.

I used to have a cup of coffee on my desk at all times and then I quit - it was making me sick - and I haven't had any coffee for about 20 years!! Besides staining your teeth, I gotta tell ya ,coffee breath is absolutely disgusting :sick:
  • rmgatch
    rmgatch Posts: 38
    Options
    I had quit for a year. But when I started running again I was looking for a little push and heard coffee might do the trick. I try to keep to 1 cup a day. I now find out that it does help with my endurance and I have increased my running distance every month since I started drinking coffee back last September.
  • RogueViper101
    Options
    Normally have 4-5 cups of Nespresso on lungo setting each day at work. Recently started cutting down as my left eye started twitching.

Always use to have coffee with sugar and milk but just have it black now.
  • srr6783
    Options
    I like coffee but when dieting I dont drink it because of the cream and sugar which add extra calories. After a few days without it the headaches go away. Just dont add to much dairy and sugar to it to avoid the extra calories.
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I drink it because I like it.

I put creamer in mine and make it fit into my calories for the day.

I clearly had no trouble with weight loss when drinking coffee.

I ditto this!!!