Are people drinking coffee? Why or why not?

Options

Replies

• Goldie_13
    Options
    Coffee is one of my greatest pleasures in life. No way I could ever EVER stop drinking it. I drink at least 16 to 20 oz a day. Touch of cream, touch of sugar. If I'm at home, I drink it with a bit of international delights creamer. My bf accused me the other day of being a coffee creamer hoarder because I'm always buying a new flavor even if I have 3 in the fridge already.

I love Internation Delight Creamer! My hubby makes fun of me as well cause I'm always trying new flavors & he gets stuck using the other ones..lol. :P
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I still drink a cup or two everyday. I drink it black with one sweet and low. Trying to stop the sweet and low but not sure what to replace that with. I tried honey but it was just weird and 60 calories lol
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Absolutely; I drink 2-3 cups a day with fat-free creamer and Splenda. I'll give up the calories in a snack or dessert before giving up my coffee.
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use to drink it every day but had to quit because of the caffeine was affecting my heart rate and since I have diastolic dysfunction I quit it and diet soda except for special occassions. Feel bvetter drinking plain water or crystal light! While in the hospital with diaqstolic dysfunction the dr said what is wrong with plain water?? Got me to thnking we are made of water so we need to have a liberal amount daily!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink coffee (and some times espresso). Two cups a day, black and with one Splenda or Truvia.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like coffee for those cold morning drives to work but usually don't drink it besides that.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I love coffee and don't plan on giving it up. I believe there are many health benefits and very few serious problems associated with coffee.

I cut out the sugary creamers and opted for Trader Joe's Soy Milk Creamer and no sweetener. It took me months to get used to drinking unsweetened coffee but it's habit now.
  • Koorii
    Koorii Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have to have my morning cup of coffee. I drink it black, no sweeteners.
  • zoober
    zoober Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yah, a cup a day with breakfast, because how can you eat breakfast without a cup of joe? I usually put in some equal or its generic equivalent and a little creamer powder, where the only calories really are, and it winds up costing me 2 calories. On the weekend, I might have the second cup. Why? In the morning, it tastes fantastic. Never tried to relate it to weight loss. The rest of the working day, I drink water that I pour through a filter and chill. The real struggle is keeping the wine consumption down later on.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yes because I LOVE IT!!!!
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I drink a couple of double espresso's a day. Stops me from feeling hungry.
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    I drink a cup every morning but I recently changed to black coffee no sugar when I realised how many calories the additives have... It takes a while but you do get used to the taste and now if someone puts sugar in my coffee I can't drink it because even one teaspoon tastes like sickly sweet. It takes about three days for your body to adjust to coffee no sugar!
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I used to put coffee in my sugary cream. I've now gotten to the point where I drink coffee with smaller amounts of cream all the time and sugar has been eliminated.

After the first cup on weekdays or two cups on weekends (with the more relaxing time schedule) I switch to straight black.
  • Brandyacutebbw
    Brandyacutebbw Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 2 to 4 cups a day, I put a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of creamer in each cup, It usually gives me enough of a kick to get up and walk or exercise..
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im drinking mine right now :)

I love coffee and I consider it as one of my snacks. They say coffee is good for you as long as you dont over do it with sugar
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Will NEVER give up my coffee ;P
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I still drink it. Usually black but everyone once in awhile I get some fancy creamer as a reward instead of a rich dessert.
  • ZombieFoodSlayer
    Options
    I love my coffee everymorning..2-3 cups with creamer. I just factor what I do want into my calories!! Ditto for my

chocolate!! Its a lifestyle change, not a diet!!
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Love it. Drink 1-2 cups a day

When homemade I add 1 splenda and skim milk.

From TIM HORTONS I have 2 milk 1 splenda.

And.. on weekends or vacation, I drink as much as possible... guilty pleasure.
  • morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, coffee! I love it. Have several cups a day. Still losing weight.