Beer must go...replace with?

Options
I'm am from Wisconsin and yes, a beer drinker. I have now found out Beer is high in calories and carbs :( I have tried the lower calorie ones, but yuck! Can't go from a Budweiser girl to an Ultra light girl. I do enjoy wine and some liquors...

My friends and I have a once a week girls night where we get together, have a few drinks usually 3 and catch up on things, and yes it has resulted in more at times lol. Any suggestions on something else to try...I do not do whiskey or gin.

I have read to give up alcohol for weight loss, but I don't believe in giving up everything to lose weight, but make some changes instead. Any ideas???

Replies

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    The occasional beer won't kill you - most have 150-200 calories each. They're calories just like any other caloires. Just be smart about it. If you know you're going to have a couple at night, eat fewer calories that day.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I drink the Bud Light 55 beer. I get the beer taste and only 55 calories!!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Vodka.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy wine, have that instead...factor it into your calories, if not for just the day, and you know that one day a week youa re going to have like 3 glasses of wine, then try and "bank" some calories through out the week to be able to sue on the day you are going to have those drinks.

I look at my calories, as of late, not just on a day to day basis, but more so on a week to week basis. I know that every saturday, I am going to eat less clean than through out the week, maybe have a drink or a few...so, i have been trying to "bank" some calories for Saturdays...by like working out a little more that day, or not eating back to my net every day.

I am still learning this all, and I am positive that someone will not like how I am saying I do it...but, I, like you, need to figure out a way to make it work for me and not against me :)
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Miller Lite, deal with it. I actually like it, am used to it, and find most other beers to heavy for more than one. Budweiser is gross, though I used to drink it all the time. Your taste buds just need to change.

Miller lIte is something like 96 calories and 3.6 carbs I believe.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    MORE BEER! :D
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do a really good vodka with seltzer water and a splash of Mio Blueberry lemonade. It is pretty darn good.
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I switched from beer to hard liquor. Hard liquor straight is carb free. I like Jameson on the rocks personally. Or The Glenivet if I want to get all fancy. No mixers or your calorie count will go way up! No liqueurs either, they are full of sugar. I gave up everything carbonated (soda, beer, etc) and lost 1.5 inches from waist just because I wasn't so bloated any more!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    MORE BEER! :D

LOL You beat me too it!

OP-You don't have to get rid of it just be aware of the calories and if it fits in your day, go for it!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Craft beer. :happy:

Seriously, the occasional ale won't kill you. Just don't chug a six pack every night. :drinker:
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Bourbon.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    The occasional beer won't kill you - most have 150-200 calories each. They're calories just like any other caloires. Just be smart about it. If you know you're going to have a couple at night, eat fewer calories that day.

This! :drinker:
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    I do a really good vodka with seltzer water and a splash of Mio Blueberry lemonade. It is pretty darn good.

Actually sounds really good, I'll have to try :)
  • gkirchner123
    Options
    I figure (incorrectly, I'm sure) that it takes calories just to consume a beer so I call it 0 calories. The thing that happens, though, is that it increases your appetite.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    just break up with beer
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite alcoholic drink is Diet Cranberry and Vodka. Delicious, low calorie and cheap. I think the brand is Ocean Spray. Their Diet Cranberry is only 5 calories per 8oz serving. Then I buy the cheapest vodka, Burnettes. To make the drink, I use two cups of cranberry and two shots of vodka. It's about 138 cals...that sounds like a lot, but depending on your tolerance, 3-4 of them will put you on your *kitten*!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Better beer than budweiser.. out of the choices in WI you pick that one.. Yuck.
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?

No mixers - they're full of sugar and will shoot your calorie count sky high! Get some good quality booze and have it over ice :)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of things on the way to losing 35 pounds but I draw the line at giving up beer. I just run an extra kilometer or two.