Beer must go...replace with?

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 shots of tequila with crystal light margarita mix.
    or gin and tonic. vodka and soda water or flavored seltzer water/flavored water
    if you like wine, then you can just stick with that instead.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Beer doesn't have to go... I tried Miller 64 and didn't like them so I switched Michelob Ultra at 95 calories a piece and surprisingly found them to be ok. They're not great...but they'll do.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Switch to Guiness. It's a great post-workout recovery drink and it's relatively low-cal.
    Actually, my favorite light beer is whiskey and seltzer.

i have read that it is better to drink than a lot of other beers, even the "light" ones. i love guiness!
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

Mix with fruit juice instead of diet soda?

I would be super careful with juice or sodas. The more clear the drink the better, especially for the hangover.
    I always order a water with my drinks too. I am up at 6 am no matter what so I don't want a hangover especially with a 1 1/2 yr. old screaming and being crazy.

I also agree with watching your overall calories that day/week to fit in your favorite drinks. Add an extra workout or eat a salad for lunch with fruit to compensate for the empty calories.
  • snoopnemmy
    snoopnemmy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda with a slice of whatever citrus food you want!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Craft beer. :happy:

Seriously, the occasional ale won't kill you. Just don't chug a six pack every night. :drinker:
    THIS
    Bourbon

and this

I recommend shooting for quality over quantity.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    beer is something i couldn't give up. actually anything that i truly enjoy and love i don't believe in giving it up completely. its the moderation thing that everyone is preaching. if it's once a week don't sweat it. i am generally good all week then I have hockey on saturday nights and have my beers and don't sweat it.

vodka is a great alternative with diet is probably the easiest choice. get a flavored vodka with sprite zero like cotton candy vodka or a more spicy one if that is what you prefer. there are a lot of flavors out there.

but all in all, if you want a beer, have your beer.

cheers!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Drink better beer. Then, at least it's worth the calories.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    if you want it bad enough just fit it in, its not that difficult!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    replace with... beer.

if you work it into your macros you can still enjoy your beer even if it is higher calorie/higher carb. You know it is going to happen, plan your day around your evening out with friends and whala.. no need to replace something you love. If you must you can cut down to one beer and then have water or soda for the rest of the evening.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    red wine.
  • HayesSanborn
    HayesSanborn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Better beer than budweiser.. out of the choices in WI you pick that one.. Yuck.

Thank you. We'd kill from New Glarus or Furthermore down here to the south.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Replace with a slow, painful, agonizing death. Life without beer is no fun. Especially when it's so easy to fit into your goals.
  • pippykho
    pippykho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    one oz of vodka unflavored is only 60 calories. Have a drink with flavored selzer water and then you can have a few drinks for the same calories as one beer.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I budget my calories to allow for beer. Good. Local. Craft. Beer.

Amen. If it's not craft...it's crap!
  • Bethane2
    Options
    Go with a good craft/micro brew beer. They are higher in calories, but are better quality carbs, most are made with lots of good great grains, hops barley... etc. A heavier beer usually takes longer to drink (for some of us) so you may have one instead of 2 or 3.
    As others have posted- go with quality- not quantity-
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You're not drinking real beer in the first place. Replace that stuff with a beer that is actually filling and tasty, and you might be tempted to drink less.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I still have beer. Big beer, not the yellow water version for 55 or 64 calories. I'll just work out that much more if I need to have an old rasputin or some nice belgian.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Everyone in the world turned into a beer snob. I don't get it.

I love craft beer, and even brew it, but most of it is killer in terms of calories. My favorite breweries (Firestone Walker, Stone, Lagunitas, and Sierra Nevada) are murder in the calorie department. Guiness is about 150 for 12 oz, I believe. Bud light / coors light are 106 cals (which makes 95 cal ultra light seem ridiculous, b/c I think coors light tastes better).

Other than light beer, vodka, gin, clear rum and most whiskey all have about 108 cals in a 1.5 oz. shot. And don't kid yourself on size. If you fill up a shot glass most of the way, it's 1.5 oz, not the 1 oz that I have seen people document. The difference is 65 vs. 100, which adds up if you're a functional alcoholic like many of us.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Craft beer. Higher ABV, stronger, more complex flavours, and a price tag to match. You'll want to truly savor and enjoy every sip, and you won't drink as much.

Don't give up beer, just give up Budweiser.