Beer must go...replace with?

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Bud Light Lime is 116 cals, I won't give up my beer :)
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Vodka.

This --BUT stay away from Tonic. Club Soda instead.
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    My personal favorite alcoholic drink is Diet Cranberry and Vodka. Delicious, low calorie and cheap. I think the brand is Ocean Spray. Their Diet Cranberry is only 5 calories per 8oz serving. Then I buy the cheapest vodka, Burnettes. To make the drink, I use two cups of cranberry and two shots of vodka. It's about 138 cals...that sounds like a lot, but depending on your tolerance, 3-4 of them will put you on your *kitten*!

Tonight is a girls night...will have to try that..love cranberry juice and it's one of the ladies birthdays so we will be living it up a lil...Luckily the bar we are going to I know owner so I can bring in my own Cranberry Juice :)
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    what seems to help me was ice cold glass of ginger ale whenever i had a beer craving or odouls is pretty good no alcohol and they have a light version.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Just keep drinking beer but plan your diary around it.
  • tillylace610
    Options
    I lost 200 pounds 8 years ago and I never gave up Beer, actually I drank 3x a week....probably15 beers a week and still lost a lot! My nutririonist insisted that I drink either Miller Lite or Guiness....both worked. Just enjoy and count the calories :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    WATER!!!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I like sugar free sweet tea :P and water!
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    vodka, rumple minz, or jim beam's Red Stag.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Replace with more beer. I'll never stop drinking beer, but I do drink significantly less. Cutting things out altogether doesn't work for me. To each their own.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I drink the Bud Light 55 beer. I get the beer taste and only 55 calories!!

Me too. Bud Select 55. Pretty good.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I've drank plenty of big, hearty, high calorie, high ABV beers. I drink them because they're delicious and I like trying new things. Even if I meet up with friends at a huge bar with lots of different beers, I'd rather sip on a great divide yeti (or any other number of equally big beers that don't have to be ice cold to be good), and only do one through the evening.

You don't have to give it up and might be shocked to find what you like if you try other stuff. Make it fit into your diary/calories if you want it bad enough, I do.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Bananas
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a beer girl all the way but have recently started drinking Bacardi and diet ginger ale. It's good!!!
  • amaybee13
    amaybee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink Bud select 55 and ultra. I'm not giving up my beer, I just watch how much and how often. :drinker:
  • Ascalzo13
    Options
    Cannabis has zero calories and a better buzz. :smokin:

doesn't that lead to the munchies? :tongue:
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I continue to drink beer, and will continue to drink beer. I just plan for one night of beer, or wine (or both) and count them into my caloric intake, and enjoy. Its kind of my reward for doing well the rest of the week. One thing I found is that because of my dieting, I am much less inclined to overindulge! Meaning I stop after two or three because I tend to feel full quickly! But I promise I will not give it up!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Have a Panache, it's hallf beer, half diet sprite (or ginger ale apparently)- sounds gross, but it's delicious. It's called a Radler where I live in Switzerland, and it helped me survive Oktoberfest!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I figure (incorrectly, I'm sure) that it takes calories just to consume a beer so I call it 0 calories. The thing that happens, though, is that it increases your appetite.

Are you serious in thinking that? Only thing that has 0 calories is air & water.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cannabis has zero calories and a better buzz. :smokin:

But those munchies are diary killers :tongue:

You're doing it wrong. :tongue: