what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Everyone is talking about stores...what about the kiosk gauntlet at the mall? That is the worst!
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    People that have tons of items in the express checkouts. I would also say screaming children, but I'm pretty much immune to that after working at Walmart for three years. :laugh:
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, you guys posted some great ones... I was thinking more along the lines of how there is so much unhealthy food that is SO CHEAP... and the stuff I really should be eating costs a lot more than I want to spend! I buy it anyway, though.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Everyone is talking about stores...what about the kiosk gauntlet at the mall? That is the worst!

Omg... the "excuse me miss, what do you use on your hair?" or the smiling, grinning hot foreign guy that wants to buff my nails. I seriously will walk around the entire damn mall just to not have to walk by those people. lol. NOOOO.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options

don't go to the mall much, but every time, all the sales people are on their phones.
  • Maidofmer
    Options

Omg... the "excuse me miss, what do you use on your hair?" or the smiling, grinning hot foreign guy that wants to buff my nails. I seriously will walk around the entire damn mall just to not have to walk by those people. lol. NOOOO.

a hot foreign guy can buff my nails if he wants lol
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options

a hot forging guy can buff my nails if he wants lol

EPIC auto correct, LOL!!!! :laugh:
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    the cashier who shows up to work, blowing snot everywhere and handling your organic produce with her infected hands.

and
    the old people in town who never change their smelly depends. Ritch barbie doll old lady may look great, but she stinks.
    Seriously, quit trying to save money and change those things. +gag+
    barbie-21.jpg
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    People who wander away from their cart and just leave it in the middle of the asile.

Women who take their male children into the ladies restroom with them when there clearly is a 'family restroom', or the child is old enough to use the men's restroom by themselves. I don't need some kid peeking under the door asking me "what are you doing?" when I'm in a stall and dealing with tampons or TP. GTFO of here kid!

'vanity sizing' I hate buying clothes now

People who are rude when you do something nice for them, like holding the door open when they are struggling with a stroller and a bunch of bags.

People who wait until they are told what the total is and *then* start writing the check; hello? your signature, the date, and the store name aren't going to change in the next 10 minutes!
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    Oh, and I almost forgot my number one irk! Credit card applications!!! They normally don't bother me, and I know that the sales girl has to make her qouta of new applications. But, I hate when there is a minimum of 20 people in line with only one clerk and they ask if you want to apply for a card and save 10%. Then take the time to do the whole process on a $25.00 purchase. I know, I know. I am just complaining for the sake of complaining now...haha!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    At any store.

I just went to the store to get some bathroom cleaner. got that and got in the 10 items or less line, and in front of me is a woman with at least 30. Normally, I don't care. It happens. But for every other item, she was asking the cashier how much it cost. I know that there are some products without a price tag in stores, be it grocery or clothes, games, etc. But really? there were price check things all over the store, and you have to get in the express lane, ask how much every other item is, and stand there for a minute thinking about if you want it?

The clerk could have/should have said something to the customer. Years ago, I worked in a chain grocery store, and if I was on the express cashm, I had nooo problem polietly pointing out to a customer that they were in the wrong line if there were people behind said customer. If there was no one behind them, I sometimes checked them out, but always mentioned (again, politely) that next time they shopped, the express line was for 12 items or less.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    People who are trying to pretend they are important blocking the aisle while they talk on their cell phone about poor Aunt Sarah's surgery !!! I didn't come to the story to hear about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If its that important stay home and call !!!!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Went to Costco the weekend before Christmas with 2 little granddaughters. (yes, I know it was a mistake to begin with) All the SUPREMELY entitled shoppers ran over the children so they could get a chunk of cheese out of the display case-even though there were dozens and dozens and dozens of chunks of cheese. If they had just run me over, I would have calibrated them in short order. But to just plow through kids? Foir CHEESE? Gimme a break!

Guess it's just rude and entitled people who get on my nerves at the stores.
  • Maidofmer
    Options

a hot forging guy can buff my nails if he wants lol

EPIC auto correct, LOL!!!! :laugh:

hahahaha awesome
  • MrsRamseyForever
    MrsRamseyForever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    People in pajama pants or sweats! Really should try to put decent clothes on when going into public!

Haha, you're not from my town then :)! I swear, that is the dress code for Wal-Mart around here!! (I wouldn't be caught DEAD like that, though!)
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    I noticed someone mentioned rude people when you hold the door for them. I HATE that. I always hold the door for people. I don't understand why some people don't say thank you.
  • stepherzzzzz
    stepherzzzzz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Oh I have another one, when someone's using one of the motorized carts and they think that gives them an excuse to just zig-zag all over the place and not pay any attention to their surroundings. Most of the time the people using those don't even need them anyway, they're just too lazy to walk. Where I work there's this woman who comes in all the time and uses one of those and comes close to hitting other shoppers with it on a regular basis. She even ran over a co-worker's foot one time and didn't even stop let alone apologize. And know what she does for a living? She's a crossing guard! Her job is to stand on the corner and walk kids across the street, yet she can't manage to push a shopping cart around a store for a half hour or so?
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    Went to Costco the weekend before Christmas with 2 little granddaughters. (yes, I know it was a mistake to begin with) All the SUPREMELY entitled shoppers ran over the children so they could get a chunk of cheese out of the display case-even though there were dozens and dozens and dozens of chunks of cheese. If they had just run me over, I would have calibrated them in short order. But to just plow through kids? Foir CHEESE? Gimme a break!

Guess it's just rude and entitled people who get on my nerves at the stores.

I went to one on a Saturday. never been to one so I was pretty much fresh meat. it was like a damn feeding frenzy. the isles are as wide as a damn freeway, and yet you cant get through cause everyone one needs at least samples of everything. learned my lesson
  • LauraMacNCheese
    Options
    Oh I have another one, when someone's using one of the motorized carts and they think that gives them an excuse to just zig-zag all over the place and not pay any attention to their surroundings. Most of the time the people using those don't even need them anyway, they're just too lazy to walk. Where I work there's this woman who comes in all the time and uses one of those and comes close to hitting other shoppers with it on a regular basis. She even ran over a co-worker's foot one time and didn't even stop let alone apologize. And know what she does for a living? She's a crossing guard! Her job is to stand on the corner and walk kids across the street, yet she can't manage to push a shopping cart around a store for a half hour or so?

I love how many of the people who mob around on those carts think they have the same turning radius as an 18-wheeler...
  • djenah79
    Options
    i keep reading and thinking of more. definitely the people who don't say thank you when you hold the door, people who let the door close in your face.

and the mall! the kiosks! people trying to hand you stuff, even going as far to walk with you a few feet. how every single store wants you to get their credit card for 15% off, your zipcode, your email address, your phone number. seriously?! or when you are trying something on - "how are you doing in there?!" well i'm practically naked and looking at myself under flourescent lights less than 2 feet away from the mirror. I'm doing awesome.