what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options

Replies

• StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    funny story but true.....
    A year ago I HATED to go shopping cause I used huge sizes and all I used to find was smaller ones, nothing for me, just for the skinny ones.
    Now I go and all I find are big sizes, smaller ones I find after looking for a while are 8, and im like WTH... where are the clothes for me!! :laugh: skinny people ALSO shop! lmao

It always happens to me. Sizes too big or too small.
  • eichhorst
    eichhorst Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    People in pajama pants or sweats! Really should try to put decent clothes on when going into public!

I can't help but laugh at this one ^^
    Hopefully you don't live in my area because unless I have somewhere worth wearing "decent clothes" I live in yoga pants & sweats. As for the pajama pants I have had to go to the store a few times like that because we ran out diapers, the kids are sick & need medicine, etc. All that's on my mind is getting what they need as soon as possible not getting all dressed up just to run to the store.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    I hate when people wander aimlessly down the aisles at the grocery store. They act like they don't know how they ended up in the store with a buggy. I'm on a mission to get in and get out! There should fast lanes and slow lanes in supermarket aisles just like on the interstate.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    People that ask me to get things of the top of shelves.

This is just part of being tall. I'm 6'2 and get asked this all the time.
  • alliegator1982
    Options
    I hate when I'm trying to shop and 2 people see each other for like the first time in ages and its time to take up the whole isle so they can have a mini reunion and I'm meekly trying to get by w. my items and getting glared at b/c i'm interrupting them. I mean I didn't know walmart was frig social hour. I wanna dip in and out really quick so I try not to go to the big chains very often.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Oh boy...

- people who pick things up and leave them whenever/wherever they feel like once they decide they no longer want it. I work in retail, and I can't tell you how much it irks me to see people randomly discard things (especially fitting rooms! Leaving $300 pants crumpled on the floor in the same spot you stepped out of them is just rude, quite frankly).

-people who ask for additional discounts on each item at the register "just because" when there are people waiting behind them. I get that everyone wants a deal (who doesn't, to be honest) - but go figure that out at customer service.

-in general, people that are so self involved that they ruin the shopping experience for everyone else. This includes: on the phone/not paying attention to the cashier and delaying everyone, not having the correct amount to pay for things AT the register (figure that out before you get on line, honestly), interrupting a worker talking to a customer to ask their own question (with no regard to the conversation going on prior), and #1 - LETTING THEIR KIDS RUN AROUND THE STORE UNSUPERVISED WHILE PAYING NO ATTENTION TO THEM.

I'll stop ranting now :D
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Old lady stealing cat food in the supermarket.
    hahaha what?
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    When there's a line a mile long and only 2 cash registers open and bunch of employees on the floor stocking when there's already tons of products on the shelf!!!!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    People who walk too slow or act like they have no clue where they're at.......
  • mjhedgehog
    mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    when people reach over me to get stuff off the shelf. I was looking at some pools which were next to a shelf of swim toys and this lady stood directly in front of me and reached over my head. without even saying "excuse me" or "pardon my reach while I stand in front of you and reach over your head" Just because Im short doesn't mean feel free to reach over my head. :mad:
  • Antheajw
    Antheajw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    - Unsupervised children has to be my biggest pet hate when shopping, also parents who let their kids eat from the bulk bins and then don't pay for it when they get to the check out. It's theft people!!

- Also when you go into a supermarket right behind a large family or group and you get stuck behind them the whole way round the shop because they refuse to be considerate and move for the people around them

- People who try and cut queues because they only have one item/are in a rush/some other irrelevant sob sorry, we all have places to be and things to do so wait your turn!

There are so many more because I used to work in retail but those are my three biggest annoyances!
  • piratemerdi
    piratemerdi Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I always see so many things I want when I don't have money, yet when I have money and go out to get clothes or whatever, I never seem to find anything good.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    everything and everyone
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Going into Wally World or Target with the intention of buying 1 or 2 things & ending up with a cart full of crap...:angry:

haha I did that at hot topic, back when it was still hot topic. went in to get pants for my prom, came out with a wallet, corset, some new fishnets and some awesome stickers. got to my car and thought about what happened.

haha.... u aren't the only one!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1) when waiting in the checkout line and the old dude behind you doesn't have a cart and is standing so close to you you can feel his breath on your neck. You turn around and say "excuse me, it's cold and flu season, would you mind giving me some space please" and he just looks at you like he doesn't understand english, but backs off so you know he understands.
    2) you see people getting in/out of vehicles that are parked in either parent parking or disabled parking that really shouldn't be there
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    in case it hasn't been mentioned...

1. blue tooth and people who are in their own little world while trying to look important with that thing stuck up to their ear...if you are that friggin important -- stay at the office.

2. pajama wearers....seriously? if you can't take time to get dressed -- stay home and frankly this should be implemented with the no shirt , no shoes policy.

3. It's not rocket science..you drive a cart just like you drive a car. don't park your damn cart on one side of the aisle and meander over to the other side.

4. I ditto the "family reunions" ...move it...there are plenty of corners to stand in and "chat"..some of us want to get our crap and get out

yeah pretty much everything about especially walleyworld grates my last nerve. I prefer the smaller grocery stores.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    for the people who don't like space invaders....this was an idea given to me by a clerk. Keep your cart behind you. Unload it from that angle..that keeps the neck breathers at a carts distance. It's BRILLIANT and works every time.
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    Was in the store the other day, and in the produce section (I was there maybe 10-15 minutes) there's a couple with a kid, maybe 5 years old. Kid is hacking up a lung the whole time I'm there, not covering her mouth, turning red, can't breath and they just keep on their way, no one thinks to pat her on her back or get her water...cough medicine? Maybe going home....maybe having a parent stay home with sick child and not dragging them to the store? She ended up puking she was coughing so hard. Am sick this week, wouldn't be surprised if it was from her hacking all over me as I walked by before knowing what was going on.

*also- creepy guys following you around or trying to flirt with you at the store. *shiver* It's one thing if you're hot and not creepy, another if you're stinky, awkward, and stalkery.
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    for the people who don't like space invaders....this was an idea given to me by a clerk. Keep your cart behind you. Unload it from that angle..that keeps the neck breathers at a carts distance. It's BRILLIANT and works every time.
    This is a good idea, I have done this before when shopping by myself; when I have my little ones sitting in front of the cart though, I always put myself in front of them . . . that's why I said something to the "neck breather". . .
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I despise being rushed. I am checking out labels like crazy lately, and if i am in front of something that has a lot of variety to choose from, like a spaghetti sauce or something, I am going to be there a while. My boyfriend has always gotten super impatient when shopping, so I recently told him he needs to slow his roll and be more patient with my becoming food educated. He will eventually reap the benefits of my becoming more fit anyways. :p And other shoppers-I try and be aware that I may be in their way, so I will try and hug the wall of the aisle so people have room to get to stuff.

I have seen a lot of people say they hate when people go through the express lane with way more items than they should. I actually did that one time, on accident. The store I was at used to have huge signs hanging from the ceiling saying "express lane" and they took them down. They put little signs up around the rest of the junk at the end of the aisle, which I ignore because I don't like to get sucked into spending more money on chahchkies.

So, I unload everything, and, it was a lot, and next thing I know, a woman is standing behind me with one or two items and huffing and puffing. I then realized what aisle I was in, and I apologized to her. Had my transaction not already been started, I would have let her go ahead of me. I felt bad and she got all loud and rude with me and went to another line. I apologized as well to the woman behind her and she was super sweet and said that she is sure that that woman who stormed off wasn't perfect either and it wasn't that big of a deal. lol

Another time, I was at Target. All the registers were full with a customer each, no line, except the quick lane-it was empty. The cashier told me to go through the line. I had 2 CARTS worth of stuff (500$ haul), and a **** ton of coupons, as well as 2 separate orders. I told the cashier all of this and she clearly could see it all! IT TOOK FOREVER, and during that time, of course a ton of people all decided to check out. I felt horrible for the people behind me. I kept apologizing...but I am sure they thought I was a jerk and a dumba$$ for going through the line. oh well.

I often wonder if people get annoyed by me looking at my phone all the time. Usually I have my list on my phone, and I also get texts for things to get. A woman gave me a look earlier today like i needed to get off my phone...lol.

Things that bother me when i go shopping: When stores change everything around so I have to relearn it all. It adds so much time to my trip.

When a cashier is rude. I used to be one...it does take a lot of work sometimes to smile and be social or civil to people, but bite the bullet and do it...When I ask how you are, don't answer with silence. You can tell me you are having a ****ty day. I will listen. You don't need to be chipper all the time, but at least be nice to me.

When a cashier and customers treat people on food assistance as though they are a nuisance...stuff happens, you should consider yourself lucky you aren't in their shoes. Embrace some compassion. Seriously.

And when a place, like Wallyworld, has 30 some cash registers, and only 2 open. GRRRRRR, Seriously?