what bothers you when you go shopping?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Parking. I hate parking. If I get my car all even with the lines, it is uneven with the other cars that parked crooked. And vice-versa..
    And fluorescent lights. They make my eyes and heads hurt.
    And people.
    And wearing shoes.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OMG WHEN I GOT INTO A STORE THAT I LOVE BUT THE PEOPLE THERE JUST FIT INTO EVERYTHING AND ALL THE STUFF IN MY SIZE IS LIKE ON DISPLAY IN THE CENTER OF THE STORE AND EVERYONE SEES ME AND I WALK INTO THE DRESSING ROOM WITH CLOTHES THAT I FIT IN LAST WEEK AND THIS WEEK I DON'T FIT INTO THEM AND MY FRIEND BECKY NEVER HAS THIS PROBLEM AND SHE EATS WHATEVER SHE WANTS AND NEVER GOES TO THE GYM AND I EAT ONLY 800 CALORIES A DAY AND WORK OUT ON THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 2 HOURS FOUR TIMES A WEEK AND I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY!!

Whoa, man. Calm yo teats!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    People, mostly. I usually use self-checkout so I don't have to deal with a cashier.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Mine is people who are TOO DAMN LAZY to put their carts in the cart collector. Leaving a cart in a parking spot, or worse propped up on an island right next to mine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

that's a good one. and there is usually a cart bin right next to the island.

I used to be a cart collector at Winco. There were a LOT of the coral things to put carts in. But people would still leave them all over the place, and leaving one right outside the thing was common. I can understand at some places, like Fredmeyers that have a huge parking lot and they only have 2 there and they aren't convienent at all. (This goes for both of the Fredmeyers in my town) But all the other grocery stores have plenty.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    I echo just about every thing mentioned here, and must add one. I HATE when I go to a store to get that one item that's on special, along with a few other items, and that one super special item is ALL GONE because the raving hordes have gotten there first with their fistfuls of coupons, and little ole me just wanted 1 or 2 of them. Argh!!

we had to change our coupon policies because of this! and i would often end up with a lot of the couponers and the wics.....i was usually the most patient one when it come to those items. everyone else seemed to huff and puff
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Sweets and junk food near check outs
    - Tempting junk food offers all over the place
    - People who pinch and man handle the fresh produce and put it back bruised
    - People who take a massive trolley worth of stuff into a 15 items or less checkout
    - People who stand there and have a long conversation with their friends clogging up the aisle. I just want to do my thing and get out of there
    - Stupidly placed promotion stands that make it impossible to maneuver around them in my wheelchair without accidentally knocking the damn thing over.
    - Heavy items on high shelves
    - Super bright lighting that gives you an instant headache as soon as you get in there
    - People who pick things up, change their minds and put it down on a shelf wherever they happen to be
    - People who use disabled bays without a blue badge because they are only going to be a few mins so the rules clearly don't apply to them!

Good thing I do most of my grocery shopping online now! :laugh:
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    what kills me is when people don't take care of their personal hygenie and come into the store.....
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    When people take up the whole isle and when you say excuse me they look at you like you're stupid and don't move. It always tempts me to shove them out of the way yelling move b**** instead...

This.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i keep reading and thinking of more. definitely the people who don't say thank you when you hold the door, people who let the door close in your face.

and the mall! the kiosks! people trying to hand you stuff, even going as far to walk with you a few feet. how every single store wants you to get their credit card for 15% off, your zipcode, your email address, your phone number. seriously?! or when you are trying something on - "how are you doing in there?!" well i'm practically naked and looking at myself under flourescent lights less than 2 feet away from the mirror. I'm doing awesome.

Bahahaha. YES!
  • NoxiousNoah
    Options
    Old lady stealing cat food in the supermarket.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I hate much of what has already been posted but my least favourite are:

1) People who leave empty coffee cups around the store. (Here in Canada it is often Tim Horton's cups, but all the brands are represented)

2) Cashiers that won't talk to you and look like they loathe every second they need to interact with you. At least get transferred to somewhere that isn't front cash if you are going to be completely rude and antisocial!

3) When people pile all the carts all haphazardly at the front of the cart corral so they end up sticking out into the parking lot and I have to take the time to pull them out and straighten them in order to put my own cart in.

4) Another vote for having to dodge people in aisles.. though my main annoyance is how incredibly SLOW people walk in stores and the mall.
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Totally wrong about express lane! I sometimes use one if over in # items but always ask first and never abuse it, by having that many over!
    Totally inconsiderate!

Detest Public Toilets makes one wonder what some are like in their own homes............
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    People that ask me to get things of the top of shelves.

I'm sorry...I will bring climbing gear next time :frown:

..I guess I need to buy one of those long-handled 'grabby' things..

I'm that fat little five-one lady in the motorized scooter.. :embarassed:

edited to add: not a fan of posters who think it's funny and/or make assumptions of those who actually need the scooters...
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I hate when people walk around and talk on those dam cell phones and their not even shopping, just walking and talking. I so wanna smack them :wink:
  • IronPetal
    Options
    I'm bothered by the variation, from brand to brand, in fit. An 18 in one brand is not the same as an 18 in another. Plus I feel like clothing manufactures increase the dimensions (cut) porporitonally and the label doesn't reflect the change in the increase. it is seriously frustrating. I believe the clothing industry needs a major overhaul in how it labels things.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    parents who let their kids run around the supermarket

people who take up the aisle to chat to someone

People who don't move their trolley to the side when they are trying to find things

people who obviously do not wear deodorant

products that are not clearly priced or even priced at all

Sloooow walkers

People who walk around with their head up their ars*
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    When people take up the whole isle and when you say excuse me they look at you like you're stupid and don't move. It always tempts me to shove them out of the way yelling move b**** instead...

Move b**** get out the whey!!

lol this popped into my head as I was writing it.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    peopleofwalmart.com...always good for a laugh and a few OMGs!
  • DuhhMuffin
    Options
    peopleofwalmart.com...always good for a laugh and a few OMGs!

Haha, I'm looking at that site right now!
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    I just gotta say I ALWAYS wear sweats and pajamas if all I'm doing is going to a grocery store. But that's also because i work 60+ hours a week and feel like I can damn well wear what I please/what is comfortable while I'm not busting my butt for once :) I'm there to shop, not entertain or be eye candy for fellow shoppers.