serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This thread is so full of nonsense.

'my legs are hot'
    'my legs are sexy'
    'you're all jealous'
    'im 41 with a hot body'
    'I'll never have to worry about bone density'

Get your head out of your nether regions.

I don't get this part of your post. Granted, the bone density and jealousy comments may raise a couple of eyebrows, but how does the OP thinking she has great legs and a hot body qualify as "nonsense?"

I mean, the boards are full of posts imploring women to love themselves and their bodies, this poster is doing just that, and you tell her to pull her head out of her *kitten*? WTF?!

honestly, take those comments with a grain of salt. I meant them with a lot of sarcasm.

As for bone density....that's why I am at the gym 4 times a week :) I hope I never have issues with bone density. It does not run in my family at all, so I hope I'm good.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My thighs grow faster than other parts of me muscular wise, but I get guys that like that? Maybe a pic of someone else might help us get what you mean if it's like a major big deal or out of the ordinary?

Anyways for my personal thigh issues I do the following 1) choose guys that like my thighs (<===poet) 2) take advantage when starting a workout program to get that part working first to shift my muscle to fat ratio faster. 3) stretches that I learned in dance are very very good for lengthening the muscles and achieving a slimmer silhouette....but 4) I just accept that this is how my body is and realize it's better than just being all flappy and gooey all over and workout anyway. :happy:

p.s. The guys that like thighs are easiest to spot at KFC. They just say it right out loud there.
  • fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP for sharing. Interesting thread.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this thread is still going. :laugh:
  • serapi
    Options
    do you want me to do a "BUMP" every morning???

:laugh:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with the OP being proud of her body, it was the fact that it was added to the end of every post like a disclaimer, the head out the *kitten* comment was in regards to using it as a standard reply,saying youre sexy does not prove a point.

Anyway, if you were being sarcastic fine. There should be a sarcasm font, like italics. We'll just agree to disagree on the rest.
  • ZozoMonster
    ZozoMonster Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of muscle in my thighs but still covered by a layer of fat... I don't think doing nothing is gonna get rid of that...
  • serapi
    Options
    I have a lot of muscle in my thighs but still covered by a layer of fat... I don't think doing nothing is gonna get rid of that...

Diet will. Lose body fat and uncover that muscle...whoop whoop
  • hollietkac
    hollietkac Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I never really thought of this but I think I'm in the same boat. I do a lifting class that works on all muscle groups but I should probably do minimal weight on leg stuff and crank it up for upper body.
  • serapi
    Options
    I never really thought of this but I think I'm in the same boat. I do a lifting class that works on all muscle groups but I should probably do minimal weight on leg stuff and crank it up for upper body.

wow you look amazing!!!! great work! Keep going! I can't wait to see your next picture!!!
  • CrystalGetFitJackson26
    Options
    Yep me too!
  • CrystalGetFitJackson26
    Options
    I think I am unusual in that I love having thicker thighs.

I think that as long as they are muscle and don;t have cellulite that think thighs with a small waist and flat stomach looks amazing. It'w what I am aiming for!

Yep me too!
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    the elliptical is great for this^ helped me lose my big bum and thighs now i do some squats and lunges and i love the way my legs look!
  • laurenellen1991
    Options
    I wish I could slim down my legs but them still be muscular but have a big toned butt too! probably asking far to much I know! My legs are beginning to resemble a body builders! NOT GOOD! I don't even go any leg workouts just squats :(
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Of all threads, this one had to be resurrected????
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Of all threads, this one had to be resurrected????

This. :huh:
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs, too, but I'd rather have the strength from squats and lunges than skinny legs :) Just personal preference I guess.
    Same here!
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs, too, but I'd rather have the strength from squats and lunges than skinny legs :) Just personal preference I guess.
    Same here!

And here!
    I have huge upper leg muscles from carrying around 250lbs for years, but since I am weight training but eating at a deficit, they are not going to get any bigger. Since the fat is coming off they are looking great!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Lulz at "spot reducing" by neglecting a certain area completely. That's how we accomplish "skinny fat".

Funny how I have always had big thighs, like probably pushing 28-30" and lifting heavy *kitten*, like squatting 205lbs, and eating at a deficit has brought them down to about 25" and I've lost two jean sizes too... OH NOES ALLLL THE LIFTING IS MAKING ME BULKY! Seriously though, 3 years ago I weighed 145lbs and was about 28-30% BF still, size 10. Now I weigh 168lbs, about 25% BF and I'm a size 10 and all the jeans I wore three years ago fit me even better than they did then.

I am a pear, I am bottom heavy, I will ALWAYS have large thighs. I'd rather they be of muscle, carry me through half marathons, eventually deadlift and squat twice my bodyweight, and STILL fit into my skinny jeans.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I wish I could slim down my legs but them still be muscular but have a big toned butt too! probably asking far to much I know! My legs are beginning to resemble a body builders! NOT GOOD! I don't even go any leg workouts just squats :(

Body builders have great legs usually - at least the non enhanced ones imo.

Lose the fat - your legs will get smaller and the definition will come through, that is if you have definition.