If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options
I found out the key for myself to get the nice muscular lean legs that I've always wanted. I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly, but my upper body is very weak.

I learned to do absolutely no leg exercises and now my legs look awesome. My legs always looked fat to me. I tried the lunges, squats, etc. and my legs would just look fatter. A personal trainer told me to stop and just get my leg workouts from jogging, elliptical, etc. I did it and now my thighs are 20 inches and I can fit into my jeans. I love it!

Just throwing this out there for women who have genetically enhanced legs.

Replies

• ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have the same thick thigh/butt issue, but I want to tone them AND take fat off, instead of just having them look skinny. Has your cardio done that for you?
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    I have the same thick thigh/butt issue, but I want to tone them AND take fat off, instead of just having them look skinny. Has your cardio done that for you?

Wondering the same thing! I have been running for about a year, but have continued my leg weights and my thighs and butt have gotten bigger! :sad:
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I found out the key for myself to get the nice muscular lean legs that I've always wanted. I am a mesomorph and I develop leg muscles very quickly, but my upper body is very weak.

I learned to do absolutely no leg exercises and now my legs look awesome. My legs always looked fat to me. I tried the lunges, squats, etc. and my legs would just look fatter. A personal trainer told me to stop and just get my leg workouts from jogging, elliptical, etc. I did it and now my thighs are 20 inches and I can fit into my jeans. I love it!

I'm jealous
  • SunshineDecember
    SunshineDecember Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have big thighs, too, but I'd rather have the strength from squats and lunges than skinny legs :) Just personal preference I guess.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of muscle atrophy, makes me feel sexy!
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have always had very large leg muscles (both thighs and calves) so I will remember this! I really don't need them to get any bigger than they already are...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Leg muscles are used for running and other cardio. In fact, there aren't a lot of cardio exercises that don't use your legs. Muscles do not atrophe while in use.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

pretty much what I was thinking.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I certainly did inherit my naturally round behind and thighs. My fiance and I love my butt though and never ever ever want it to go away (though tighter would be okay!). I have always wanted trimmer thighs, but I don't want to lose all of the strength I have built up from years of dance training and now strength training, so I'll keep my squats and lunges, thank you very much.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

Im gonna go ahead and ignore all that advice and keep squatting heavy. If you have a weak upper body, why would you also want a weak lower body?
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I think I am unusual in that I love having thicker thighs.

I think that as long as they are muscle and don;t have cellulite that think thighs with a small waist and flat stomach looks amazing. It'w what I am aiming for!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Friends+Don't+Let+Friends+Skip+Leg+Day!.jpg
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    LEGS_zpsb9f746dc.jpg
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have thick thighs (21.5) and big calves (14.5) and I want them to look like Erin Sterns in this picture. My calves are already pretty good looking but I need to work on my thighs.

erinstern_zps734a3597.jpg
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Leg muscles are used for running and other cardio. In fact, there aren't a lot of cardio exercises that don't use your legs. Muscles do not atrophe while in use.

But if her giant, muscle laden legs have gotten smaller, the only logical answer is muscle atrophy. Of course she didn't just slim down and lose fat. They were solid muscle. No fat in there. :huh:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

THIS. Oh and I have the "type" of legs you speak of.... Doesn't mean I don't lift heavy with them.. It makes them even more BA. Sorry bout your bad luck. :drinker:
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    dammit this was disappointing!
  • VTSarah07
    Options
    I have genetically big legs (and a booty).
    I do the elliptical for 30-60 minutes a day with a high resistence and then I squat heavy. They may get a little bigger from the lifting but they will look toned and great in shorts!
    Plus, your leg muscles are the biggest muscles in your body, therefore, they burn the most!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options

Love it!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options

Your trainer did you a disservice, IMO