If God gave you naturally large thighs listen up

Options

Replies

• serapi
    serapi Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Uh, you weren't eating at a deficit yet your weight went down from 135 lbs at 23% body fat to 127 lbs at 18% body fat?
    [/quote

You're right. I went on a diet for 3 months last year (Jan to March) and then began my diet again about 5 weeks ago. During my diet phase, I was eating 1900 calories a day and lost about .75 pounds a week.

To clarify, when I first returned to the gym in 2010, I concentrated on building muscle and gained 7 pounds (142 lbs) over 12 months. Then last year 2012 (Jan to March) I began cutting and went down to 129 lbs.

I'm cutting again now (since beginning of December). Since I began my deficit again, I've lost another .25 inches on my thighs...very negligible. I've also lost 2 lbs b/c I didn't lose over Christmas. So in the last 5 weeks, I've lost 2 lbs.

Edited to correct: "Then last year 2012..." from 2011
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    God blessed me with naturally large muscular thighs... and I love them. :smile: I guess I would just rather have larger, stronger thighs than normal, weaker ones.

Personal preference I guess... I love knowing that I could crush a full-grown man with these beasties. :laugh:
  • serapi
    Options
    Also want to add, that I lost 2 inches in my thighs not on a deficit from September to December when I cut out lower body lifting.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    thanks for your posting. Makes sense, and I will consider your advice when exercising.

Hopefully not the OP's advice as it is terrible advice.

See? This is why we argue with posts like this. We don't won't people taking bad advice. OP can do what she wants but we hope to prevent misinformation from spreading.

I am living proof. I have sexy long lean legs. You guys are not proving anything.

Please make your mind up. One minute you are saying you have muscular legs, the next you are saying you do not want muscular legs. You will not get muscle definition without a low body fat and some kind of resistance training. You did that and developed some muscle. You are probably maintaining that muscle.
  • serapi
    Options
    thanks for your posting. Makes sense, and I will consider your advice when exercising.

See? This is why we argue with posts like this. We don't won't people taking bad advice. OP can do what she wants but we hope to prevent misinformation from spreading.

I am living proof. I have sexy long lean legs. You guys are not proving anything.

And neither are you.

yes I am. I have great legs. I am living proof that my strategy worked for me.
  • serapi
    Options

Please make your mind up. One minute you are saying you have muscular legs, the next you are saying you do not want muscular legs. You will not get muscle definition without a low body fat and some kind of resistance training. You did that and developed some muscle. You are probably maintaining that muscle.

I love my svelt sexy lean and toned legs. Is that better?

Yes, perhaps I am maintaining muscle.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    hmmm. I think normally i'd jump in and say that weighlifting don't make you bulky. But i have noticed my flat bum is now deliciously round thanks to squats and DL's.

I still think i'd rather have muscular legs with no body fat than have skinny-fat legs.

But that's just me.

I don't have skinny legs. They are gorgeous and muscular. 20 inch thighs...sexy...

Well..why not show us. Put up some picts of those legs....AFTER you take a break and learn not to take things so personally and start calling those with opposing views names...okay...good :)

hey, when people are rude to me, I will defend myself as I respect myself ok?

I gave you my stats. I don't want to post pics of myself on the internet for privacy reasons.

34B - 26 - 36
    20 inch thighs
    5'8"
    mesomorph build with a bit of ecto.

You can picture it.

Why do you keep saying you are a meso? From a frame' perspective - you are ecto based on those stats.

Nope...my dominant is meso. I have a body frame very similar (in appearance) to Jennifer Aniston. I am not as hot as her though :)

I still do not understand why you keep saying that. Also, as I said before, somatotypes are basically a myth where it comes to muscle gains. 90% of the population fall within a small range of ability to gain muscle. If you are an outlier, that is fine, but what works for you will not work for the vast majority of the people on this site.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Thank you...so why are you telling people to ditch lifting whether or not they have developed the underlying muscle?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    You're right. I went on a diet for 3 months last year (Jan to March) and then began my diet again about 5 weeks ago. During my diet phase, I was eating 1900 calories a day and lost about .75 pounds a week.

To clarify, when I first returned to the gym in 2010, I concentrated on building muscle and gained 7 pounds (142 lbs) over 12 months. Then last year 2012 (Jan to March) I began cutting and went down to 129 lbs.

I'm cutting again now (since beginning of December). Since I began my deficit again, I've lost another .25 inches on my thighs...very negligible. I've also lost 2 lbs b/c I didn't lose over Christmas. So in the last 5 weeks, I've lost 2 lbs.

In the above time frame, when did you "develop" muscle gains in your thighs which prompted your trainer to have you stop lower body strength training?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

And neither are you.

I am not saying you do not have nice legs that you are not happy with them - as obviously you are very much in love with your legs, but your approach is not the best approach for many women who want to get some definition and/or firm strong legs. You are not proving anything other than you used to do lower body workouts, stopped, lost more fat and are maintaining.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

My advice is great advice as is the heavy lifting group. It's up to your personal goals.

stop the hate and just admit that long distance runners can have nice muscular legs too without the lunges, deadlifts and squats. I am living proof.

I do elliptical 4 times a week for 40 minutes and have great legs as a result.

I am not hating anything - please point me to where I am. Your advice had nothing to do with personal goals - it was a blanket statement.

ETA: I find it ironic that you are telling me to stop hating yet you called everyone who disagreed with you jealous - who exactly is the hater?
  • serapi
    Options

In the above time frame, when did you "develop" muscle gains in your thighs which prompted your trainer to have you stop lower body strength training?

I grew muscle all over in 2011 during my muscle building efforts. In 2012 after my weight loss, my thighs still looked disproportionate to me. I continued with the lunges, deadlifts and squats. After an hour long verbal consultation (he's awesome) my trainer told me that not all women want overly muscular legs and to lay off on the leg exercises and see what I think. I lost 2 inches on each thigh. I was much happier. My thighs are still very firm and my legs look great.

He told me that I have achieved a great over-all fitness level and look and to just keep doing what I'm doing to maintain.

I am very happy with my fitness achievements now.
  • serapi
    Options

My advice is great advice as is the heavy lifting group. It's up to your personal goals.

stop the hate and just admit that long distance runners can have nice muscular legs too without the lunges, deadlifts and squats. I am living proof.

I do elliptical 4 times a week for 40 minutes and have great legs as a result.

I am not hating anything - please point me to where I am. Your advice had nothing to do with personal goals - it was a blanket statement.

ETA: I find it ironic that you are telling me to stop hating yet you called everyone who disagreed with you jealous - who exactly is the hater?

no hate here
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    This is all personal preference. I disagree with your statements in regards to ditching lower body strength training.

You should not give out bad advice! And this....this is bad advice!

Oh, FYI- the elliptical is NOT weight lifting.

I agree with this hottie
  • serapi
    Options

And neither are you.

I am not saying you do not have nice legs that you are not happy with them - as obviously you are very much in love with your legs, but your approach is not the best approach for many women who want to get some definition and/or firm strong legs. You are not proving anything other than you used to do lower body workouts, stopped, lost more fat and are maintaining.

for the record, your tone is rude and condescending. You disagree with me and I respect that...but you keep on with this tone. let it go
  • serapi
    Options
    This is all personal preference. I disagree with your statements in regards to ditching lower body strength training.

I agree with this hottie

good for you. I"m married anyway and I have 2 kids :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

And neither are you.

for the record, your tone is rude and condescending. You disagree with me and I respect that...but you keep on with this tone. let it go

There is no tone - you are imagining things or making drama where there is none.
  • serapi
    Options

Thank you...so why are you telling people to ditch lifting whether or not they have developed the underlying muscle?

I am telling people what worked for me.
  • serapi
    Options

you arent either.

I believe my legs look long and lean and i lift heavy.

your legs are beautiful
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options

I agree with this hottie

good for you. I"m married anyway and I have 2 kids :wink:

RINGS DONT PLUG HOLES, just sayin