What drinks qualify as water?

Options

Replies

• ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Personally I think just water, when i just drink caffeinated drinks i feel light headed and dehydrated.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    nearly all non-acoholic beverages

Case in point...
    Drink 8 oz. of crystal clear, clean, pristine, pure spring water and eat a pack of gummy bears...doesan't this = 1 regular soda? Does the water count then?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Case in point...
    Drink 8 oz. of crystal clear, clean, pristine, pure spring water and eat a pack of gummy bears...doesan't this = 1 regular soda? Does the water count then?
    If you drink pure water and then eat Gummy Bears, the water counts.

If you put the Gummy Bears IN the water and drink it, it doesn't count.

Logic!
  • DuncanUK64
    Options
    What about carbonated water?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    What about carbonated water?

The bubbles cause depression
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Just keep yourself well hydrated OP...your piss should run clear. If it's yellow, you are not properly hydrated and need more fluids. You do some major dehydrating while you sleep, so it generally runs yellow in the AM.

^ THIS ^

The whole damn point of this water debate is to make sure you're hydrated. Water is found in all sorts of different fluids and even the foods you eat (whether they have caffeine or not). If you notice your urine is not very light to clear, you need more fluid. Now if you choose to drink something other than straight water, that's fine. You do want to be sure that you're aware of what else comes in the drink and account for it in your diet (for instance soda contains lots of sugar and sodium). At the end of the day as long as you're hydrated and you account for any calories or other nutrients you get from the fluids you drink you'll be fine.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I only count what I drink from my dehumidifier since it is distilled. Tap and bottled water has all those nasty ions and minerals so it doesn't count.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    As long as you drink it out of a water bottle, you can count it as water, right?
  • drmerc
    Options
    As long as you drink it out of a water bottle, you can count it as water, right?

No the chemicals leach out from the plastic
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    BINGO!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options

Case in point...

Logic!

Good lord I pray this was sarcasm.
  • DuncanUK64
    Options
    The bubbles cause depression

Even if I drink it really quick and then burp to let the bubbles out?
  • rml_16
    Options

Case in point...

Logic!

Good lord I pray this was sarcasm.
    And the Lord looked down and he heard your prayer and he said, "This is good." And he answered it.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Also remember caffeine is a diuretic, and is counterproductive to hydration goals.

As is water. Should I stop drinking water?

Am I reading this right? You are claiming that water is a diuretic and is counterproductive to hydration?
  • jackiekerr63
    jackiekerr63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think all drinks excepy alcohol is fine. We were told at university as part of our biology degree that 8pints of water a day is a load of nonsense and was started by a bottled water company. Apparenlty there is no scientific proof behind it. You drink when you are thirsty thats when your body requires it and it can be taken in any form except alcohol. Hope this helps xx
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people just can't make it a habit to drink 8 cups of water a day. I make sure I have 4 cups drank before lunch, so the rest of the day I need a minimum of 4, but I usually end up drinking 10-14 cups of water a day. Water is better when you just drink is by itself... sure water is in coffee, sodas, and juices, but you are getting unnecessary extra sugar, carbs, and calories. And if your pee isn't clear you're definitely not getting enough:wink: Just my 2 cents.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Everything is a diuretic. No matter what you eat or drink it's going to come back out in some form.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I don't understand why people just can't make it a habit to drink 8 cups of water a day. I make sure I have 4 cups drank before lunch, so the rest of the day I need a minimum of 4, but I usually end up drinking 10-14 cups of water a day. Water is better when you just drink is by itself... sure water is in coffee, sodas, and juices, but you are getting unnecessary extra sugar, carbs, and calories. And if your pee isn't clear you're definitely not getting enough:wink: Just my 2 cents.
    Well, in't that spacial.
  • drmerc
    Options
    Also remember caffeine is a diuretic, and is counterproductive to hydration goals.

As is water. Should I stop drinking water?

Am I reading this right? You are claiming that water is a diuretic and is counterproductive to hydration?

Water is a diuretic. As to your second question, that is my point
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sugar and carbs? :drinker: