Replies

• JeanneMarie11
    Options
    Your doing ausome..., keep it up !!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Luuuuurve zumba. Started in September 2010, and now am a qualified instructor :) Went from 16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (141lb). Largely zumba, but strength training has played a significant part in shaping up the last bits and bobs over the past six months.

Office_zpsea2d4c07.jpg

FD9DFD2B-31EB-461B-A2AE-685C1D9D1D90-5037-000004987A11F260.jpg

You look amazing! Awesome! Your start weight is where I started a few months ago, so you totally give me inspiration and motivation that I can do it too! I feel so often that its slow going, but seeing your pics makes me excited that I can do it! Thanks for sharing!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba Exhilarate DVD's @ home 6x/wk, for an hour cardio (Exhilarate, Mix, Concert or Activate and Rush together --I mix it up as I get bored). Every other day I also add Zumba Ripped (toning and Sentao) + the 1 hr cardio for a total of 2 hours. I've been doing Zumba @ home now for almost 3 weeks and I love it. My hubby and kids, bought me Zumba Fitness 2 - Wii for Mommy's Day so I'm going to mix that in there as well. :smile:

Prior to this I was doing JustDance 1-4 - Wii @ home 6x/wk for 2 hrs for the 2 1/4 months.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I started with Zumba, lost most of my weight with it. Took me about 5 months of it & then I started running. I lost about 25kg with zumba.
  • AmberleyAngel
    AmberleyAngel Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No pics, but Zumba definitely helps. I do it most days and have the DVDs - original and Exhilarate. I love to rotate days between the the toning stick routines and the cardio workouts. There's a definite difference in muscle definition which is better than if I'd purely been eating less calories. I've actually discovered pointy bones on my shoulders, elbows and knees. LOL
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies everyone! Happy to see such fab results :)
  • ashmike12
    ashmike12 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a Zumba sucess story but dont have pics right now. Lost 50lbs over 6-8 months doing nothing but Zumba. Ive been doing it for 4 years now and Im looking into doing other stuff for a change up. I still have 30lbs to lose and Im going to lift more and try running. Its an awesome awesome way to burn some fat. I loved it so much I became an instructor
  • ashmike12
    ashmike12 Posts: 23
    Options
    About 9 months ago, I started doing Zumba 4 days a week in conjunction with strength training and lost 50 pounds. I'm now a Zumba instructor myself and I love it! However, like anything else, it is good to mix it up with other forms of fitness to challenge yourself and keep the dreaded plateau at bay. If you wanna stick with Zumba there are different specialties that give a great caloric burn as well and help you strengthen and tone ( i.e Zumba Toning, Aqua Zumba, and Zumba Sentao). I haven't posted anything in a while but I'm about 20 pounds less than my profile pic now. Best of luck to you :happy:

What is the Zumba Sentao? My instructor (the best in northern Colorado ;^P) is certified in toning, zumbatomic, aqua and gold. And now I'm hearing about Sentao...? She just added some toning/ab exercises to class Monday night (it was optional to stay), so maybe it has to do with core strengthening? I'll ask her tonight.

I've been doing Zumba for over three years, but I can't vouch for the weight loss, because I cut down from 3 days a week to 2, because of family and money. So, I think my weight loss was mostly from dieting. But, I can say that my endurance has increased! When I started, I could barely make it through a class. Now, I can do all the bouncy songs, and not lose my breath.

Zumba with a chair, great work out!
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options
    I started working out 2 months ago doing different things. I mainly was doing aqua classes due to back and shoulder injuries from flipping a car years ago. That being said, I was doing Aqua Zumba 2-3 times a week and I have recently started doing land Zumba 2x/week. Although I have results not solely based on Zumba but a combination of classes and things, I have lost 11.4lbs and over 20 inches (I didn't start measuring until I was a month in on working out). I recommend Zumba for a fun workout. It's intense but fun. The aqua zumba classes are also fun. I wore my HRM the past 3 weeks in Zumba on land and I usually work out the 30mins-1hr before class on stationary bike, stair climber or treadmill. With a mixture of those and class I have consistenly burned over 1000+ calories on the days I do Zumba in about a 2 hr time frame.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I started working out 2 months ago doing different things. I mainly was doing aqua classes due to back and shoulder injuries from flipping a car years ago. That being said, I was doing Aqua Zumba 2-3 times a week and I have recently started doing land Zumba 2x/week. Although I have results not solely based on Zumba but a combination of classes and things, I have lost 11.4lbs and over 20 inches (I didn't start measuring until I was a month in on working out). I recommend Zumba for a fun workout. It's intense but fun. The aqua zumba classes are also fun. I wore my HRM the past 3 weeks in Zumba on land and I usually work out the 30mins-1hr before class on stationary bike, stair climber or treadmill. With a mixture of those and class I have consistenly burned over 1000+ calories on the days I do Zumba in about a 2 hr time frame.

I bought a HRM, too, and I wear it for every class. I'm consistently burning 800-950 calories an hour, depending on if I know all of the songs or if we're learning new stuff.
  • bateslin
    bateslin Posts: 67
    Options

I bought a HRM, too, and I wear it for every class. I'm consistently burning 800-950 calories an hour, depending on if I know all of the songs or if we're learning new stuff.

yep I lack all coordination so I focus on moving non-stop and trying not to run into anyone LOL. It so far is working for me!
  • rdy2befit
    rdy2befit Posts: 4
    Options
    i have been doing zumba and eating healthier and i have lost over 20 pounds since i had my son in jan i dont know how to post pics but i can add before and after pics so far on my page if u want to look
  • mmiller21
    mmiller21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    335h2ep.jpg
    6gblah.jpg

Been doing Zumba twice a week since middle of Jan 2013. Follow MFP calorie target 75% of time. Still a lot of work to do, but getting better everyday. LOVE LOVE Zumba, I have an awesome Zumba Crew :)
  • RoxyBaroque
    RoxyBaroque Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I took the piss out of people who did zumba...until I took a class, oh sweet jesus I ACHED! I'd love to do it again, but I've moved gym and can't afford to pay for extra lessons atm! But I know friends who have seen amazing changes
  • robynhood2000
    Options
    Primarily Zumba and group strength training classes:

28b7ca41-cbeb-4e86-b79d-220eb24b3cf4_zpsa1a70b29.jpg
    c16b32fe-cbcc-4490-ac28-459e59293fce_zps029bd07b.jpg

Try Zumba, I'm honestly upset when I don't get to go to my classes due to scheduling/childcare reasons - it's that fun!!

I know this is an old thread, but I just found this site, and just purchased Zumba Wii Core. I look EXACTLY like your before picture (it's really uncanny.) At any rate, thank you for sharing your results, because you've inspired me to get to it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!