Traveling to America - should I be concerned?

Options

Replies

• Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi I went to San Francisco and had a great time. Ate out a lot and there were plenty of healthy options but I did find a lot of the food very salty compared to restarunt food in the uk. portion sizes are also bigger than in europe.

Have a nice trip :)
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have a great idea. Since you seem like a smart man maybe you should read the biographies of all the U.S Olympians that keep winning gold metals for the United States. Maybe you can see what they eat so you can have an idea of how this country does it to be the best in the world and then you will have a good idea of what to eat while you're out here :) Have a safe trip.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    OP was being sarcastic. There's a lot of jealousy towards the United States out in Europe. Probably because we always get first place all around at the Olympics. Not sure but that's all I can think of.
    ^^ Hehehe!!
  • SharonBluntz
    SharonBluntz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lol are you kidding me?? Fast food is the LAST thing you should eat here in America. Our restaurants have health food regulations that they are required by law to follow. I know you're safe in our restaurants if you're constantly eating raw food.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have a great idea. Since you seem like a smart man maybe you should read the biographies of all the U.S Olympians that keep winning gold metals for the United States. Maybe you can see what they eat so you can have an idea of how this country does it to be the best in the world and then you will have a good idea of what to eat while you're out here :) Have a safe trip.

Eh? Judging by the OPs fondness for all things raw and healthy, I doubt very much that he will be choosing a diet of anabolic steroids while travelling??
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Not sure if he will but I'd be more worried about leaving the tourist areas. That is probably a better idea than worrying about the food. D Bo from Next Friday might find his health and nutrition expertise attractive.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Eh? Judging by the OPs fondness for all things raw and healthy, I doubt very much that he will be choosing a diet of anabolic steroids while travelling??
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Are you being serious?

If our food was unsafe to eat, why would we have an obesity epidemic? We'd all be skinny and sick.

Fatuous reasoning.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to try these:

jimmydean.jpg

*herk
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Thanks. I've read about Phelps diet, not sure I can eat that much. But I'm not trying to earn an Olympic medal.
    But speaking of medals - the average US diet/exercise/program doesn't produce a lot of atheletes; given the size of the population one might expect more results.

http://www.medalspercapita.com/

Great Britain seems to get more than half the number of gold medals that the US gets and they are way smaller.

But, this isn't a pissing match about the worlds greatest or not. I'm just a traveler trying to get some advise. So you are saying, stay only in tourist areas? Is this a real concern in your eyes?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat sushi in the Midwest love...

The *entire* Midwest?

tumblr_lm0iweH3ye1qb0cm6o1_500.gif

Hey, not all of us Midwesterners can afford to jet off to the coast every time we're craving a little raw eel!
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    10/10 trolling.

Well played sir, well played.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water ... from water fountains
    Eat at White Castle
    Don't miss out on a tour of Krispy Kreme
    Zaxby's is the hot spot these days for dinner
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    at_first_i_was_like_obama.5phf1eu9ea4kmccko8080gcc8.ck2u8j60r56w4kkwoc8k4k4kk.th.jpeg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HILARIOUS!!!!!, maybe you should stay home?
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, pack two weeks worth of raw dairy and meat. Enjoy your trip!
    ^^^^^^^
    THIS
    And be sure to see the lovely sights in the city at night while you're here.
    Wear your fanny pack full of valuables....:smokin:
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You have got to be kidding. I have a friend whose Mom contracted "mad cow disease" after traveling in Europe. I have never heard of anyone getting it in this country.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    Drink lots of water ... from water fountains
    Eat at White Castle
    Don't miss out on a tour of Krispy Kreme
    Zaxby's is the hot spot these days for dinner

Do they have these in California?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    HILARIOUS!!!!!, maybe you should stay home?

Ah, not very nice.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Go to the country fair for some deep fried butter!!!