Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Options
sreed016
sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
Any gals here 5'8" or taller?

Looking for motivation/success stories/ in between stories or pics from my fellow tall gals.

PS - Forgive me if there is already a similar thread here. Looked a few pages back and didn't see one so I thought I'd start one up.

Thanks,
Steph

Replies

• Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" but I just started so I don't have any success stories yet LOL. Bumping for motivation.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Me toooooo! I would love to see some visuals around 5'8" at goal weight. :bigsmile:
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet, but a work in progress. I have gotten past my halfway mark though! I've lost a total of 50lbs so far and am "overweight" working on getting to "healthy" BMI. I've been on MFP for just over half a year. 2013 is going to be my year to get "healthy"! :D

Height: 5'11"
    SW: 247
    CW: 197
    GW: 165

Best of luck to all of you, I know you can do it! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I've seen a bunch of other threads for tall gals, they pop up and die off, so I don't think there will be a problem with starting a new one. :)

Untitled-1.jpg
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    There is a group for us tall ladies :) Just do a search under groups and you should find us.:flowerforyou:
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Let's see if I can figure out this pic posting thing since I suggested it...

Before 5'8' 167 lbs wearing two pair of Spanx!

before-168_zps3c87892fresized_zps92b4e16c.jpg

At Goal 134 lbs
    redlandsrun_zps27187f38.jpg

June 2012 137 lbs Vow Renewal with My Awesome Hubby
    After-135_zpsa246a5d5resized_zpsf5660f71.jpg

Current - 150lbs and not so happy

current150_zpsa7fa0d86tryagain_zps8996f8fd.jpg

I had gotten down to a size 4 at my lowest weight - I am still in a normal BMI range at my current weight but the size 4's don't fit at all and the rest of my clothes that do fit just don't feel right.

Looking to drop the 15lbs and tone up this year!
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    6ft here, sadly i dont have any pics from my highest weight 203lbs... but i'm down 20 and hoping to lose another 15 before summer! goal weight of 165 (or 160 if i feel its attainable).
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    5' 8" here and lost 110 pounds in one year and today is my two year mfp anniversary and I've kept the weight off. I posted about it today with pics. Here's the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844756-110-lbs-lost-in-year-one-730-consecutive-days-pics
  • liz729
    liz729 Posts: 1
    Options
    5'10" over here! Just got back into doing this, so I'm a definite work in progress! But, I'm working towards a goal of losing 100 lbs total. I'm at my biggest weight now that I've ever been. 270. Ugh.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    5'8". My pics are in my profile.
  • dragerk
    dragerk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    5'9" here! Just restarting after a lapse and gaining 10 lbs back (boo!). I actually checked this thread out mainly for goal weight inspiration! I'm not entirely sure what my goal should be. I'm currently 160 and my goal weight is set at 130, but I'm not entirely sure that's attainable for me and my body type (apple, with tendency to gain muscle). But we'll see!

Feel free to add me and we can achieve our goals together!
  • ahern89
    ahern89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8". At my heaviest in high school I was around 220.I managed to get down to about 165 before gaining a few pounds back when I went home for Christmas. So now I'm working harder so I can get to my goal weight of 155 before graduation, although I'm really looking more to getting my body fat percentage where I want it rather than the actual weight.
  • Ashleyyyb93
    Options
    5ft 9/10 :) You can add me if you like!! :D I will support you :) x x
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    5'8'
    SW 325 (4/2011)
    CW 197
    GW 160
    UGW 140

Weight_loss2_zps4945e22e.jpg
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    I'm right at 5'8 and about 185 but I don't know if I could put up pics...too self conscious :)
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Here! I'm 5'8" so I just make the cut. SW: 275/ CW: 199/ GW 1: 160
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    5'9, but not at success yet. The nice thing about being tall is that no one thinks I really weigh what I weigh :happy:
  • erinpooh
    Options
    simplicity+3634.JPG

Me at 190.

McCall+6288.JPG

Me at 175.

Currently just under 160 and hoping to lose around 15 more. I'm 6'1".
  • Tarapritchett
    Tarapritchett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'11"! Starting at 227. :/ I weigh as much as I did when I was 7 months pregnant - yikes! Glad to see some other luscious tall woment here! :bigsmile:
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    5'11" but just getting started so no success stories just yet so I will bump this for later. 2013 is going to my year to get healthy!
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and have lost about 27 pounds so far using MFP. My starting weight was 231 and currently I'm at 204 I had lost over 30, but the holidays got the best of me so I'm working even harder to get to my goal weight of 160. Add me if you like! I'm always looking for motivation and people to motivate. I have a open food diary to friends as well and I log everyday. Best of luck to you all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!