Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Options

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Just curious do any of you have snow on your heads? I mean the elevation and all your brushing the top of the atmosphere right?

jw
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    5'11" here. I started Jan 2011 at 332 pounds and am currently 227. I had some bumps along the way during those 2 years where I regained some that I had lost, but haven't given up. I'm looking to get to 175. That being said, I'm in the best shape of my life and don't want to focus completely on the scale.

ETA: I have pictures in my profile and my main picure shows me at my heaviest in Dec 2010, the middle picture is 2011, then the bottom was Dec 2012.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    old_zpsf3fccb05.jpg

R8P60DI_zpsc59fb665.jpg

I'm 5'9". There's only 24 lbs difference here, from 170 to 146, but a lot of body recomposition going on in the last 10 months.
  • jeannetteglime
    jeannetteglime Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic profile pic! well done!:smile:
  • jeannetteglime
    jeannetteglime Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sw:240
    cw:165
    gw: 155

I find being tall makes it difficult to look at the scale - im healthy at 165 but what I would give to see like 115 on the scale... maybe in the 4th grade.... I know its just my own mental block and insecurities but its great to see everyone's posts - i feel like less of an alien!

Thanks Ladies!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    5'9" and I don't have many pics at all because I avoid a camera at all costs.
    But...I LOST THREE so far! Yay!
    Oh, and I saved a ton of money by switching to Geico. LOL...no not really, I just love that commercial.
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Just curious do any of you have snow on your heads? I mean the elevation and all your brushing the top of the atmosphere right?

jw

nope, just a heightened sense of self confidence and an extra dose of awesomeness.
  • tjtehim
    Options
    Hi all, just wanted to say thanks for the pics that have been shown. These are all the inspiration many of us need. I only started in late Oct. 2012 but down 40 pounds. This gives me hope to continue on to my goal. Many thanks to all who posted. I have immediate family as motivation but would love to have more. Please feel free to add... :)
  • sll1083
    sll1083 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hi All! I am 5'11 and sit at a desk all day lol

I joined end of Aug and started seriously in Sept 2012. I currently am training for a half marathon in March 2013. Over the last 4.5 months I have lost 35 lbs (give or take a few thanks to the holidays but that is almost gone). There are some pictures in my profile.

Always up for new friends so feel free to add me.

SW: 255 (Aug 2012)
    CW: 220.1
    1st GW: 180
  • Frau6201
    Frau6201 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'11..just got back on board this week. Started using MFP last spring when I found out my cholesterol was on the high side so I was using MFP on/off for 7 months with a customized dairy to keep cholesterol at 200mg and at 1700 calories for losing 1/2# week. .With little attempt to stick on my plan of exercising 3x per week, I did go down from 174 to 169 but now I'm feeling loose and jiggly and its driving me crazy so my 2013 goal is to suck it up and get with it to tighten up and get down to 150. Feel free to ad me! Good luck to all on your 2013 health & weight goals!
  • MichelleADB
    MichelleADB Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11. I was 220 at my highest, but I refused to take pictures so no before pics. I just started back up and I'm trying to get back down to my goal weight again.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options

jw

No snow on our heads, but there is something going on with your scalp. You might want to check that out! ;<}
  • lovelost123
    Options
    im 5'11 i did weigh 210 at one point then i lost all of it and weighed about 130 and all my family and friends told me i looked scary skinny and then i gained it all back after a seizer i had and my starting weight was 210 and now i weigh 179 and now i always want to go back to being 130 but for us tall girls we have to think of what is healthy and not necesarily scary skinny but in my opinion girls who are tall and are healthy and not the ideal weight of 130 are the most beautiful to me

so my heres my

SW 210
    CW 179
    GW 165
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9'' and 25 years old. I was over 200 pounds in 2011. Now I am 164 pounds. I am trying to get to 130's again.
    My motivations/goals:
    ❀ Showing off my long *kitten* legs- I want them to be celulite free too!
    ❀ Running clears my head even though I look funny running.
    ❀ I have always wanted to have 'Hot skinny sex'
    ❀ I feel better when I am smaller and can study longer in college classes
    ❀ People/strangers treat me much better the smaller I am - odd how that works
    ❀ Flexibility- the smaller/healthier I am, the more flexible I am
    ❀ Living longer. I want to get the most out of my life.
    ❀ I gave my son up for adoption to protect him from a bad life/situation. When he meets me in the future I want him to like me and be proud of me rather than think, "Im glad she gave me away."
    ❀ Be a yoga instructor someday!

I am eating clean and training 6 days a week to get to my goal! Who is with me?!

I love your attitude - l am so with you. Especially the long sexy leg part. My friends say when I am 80 guys will still check out my legs! lol

I have two teens kids and I want to be proud of their healthy mom too.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Is 5'8" tall? My perspective must be skewed, growing up in a mostly Dutch community. 5'8" would be what I consider average, maybe a tad short.

Funny - around my friends in CA I am beastly tall at 5'8" Plus I like to wear high heels to show off my long legs which are my best attribute :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9
    ]
    From 287ish to 231
    28bvb5k.jpg
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and went from 277 pounds to 167 pounds. Size 24 down to size 10.

fatfatfat.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I started off at 280lbs. I currently weigh 235lbs and am looking to get down to at least 170lbs, if not lower. It all depends on how my body looks at that point, and how I feel. :)

It has taken me a year to lose 45lbs so far, but I'm hoping the weight will come off a little faster this year if I'm more active. :)
  • MishaKudo
    MishaKudo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies! This thread really gets me motivated even tho I'm a tadbit shorter than 5'8"
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8"ish...check out my profile pic.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!