Tall Gals Check in - Motivation for 5'8" and above

Options

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8'. I just started my journey 1/7/2013. I am working on losing 85lbs. I currently weigh 235. I have a large frame, so I think 150 lbs would be a good weight for my build.

I started the 30DS yesterday and I am looking forward to seeing my results at the end of my 30 days.
  • lashaunalou
    lashaunalou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to upload a pic from my iPhone. I'm lyndsey. I'm 5 ft 9 and I went from 258lbs to 220 lbs. My goal is 150lbs :)

snap i went from arounf 258lb to 221lb my goal weight is 167lb (random lol)

your shape reminds me of mine , well done so nice to see someone with similar goals and achievements!
  • chardia
    Options
    I am 5'8 and started my journey tens days ago I'm going to lose 50 pounds and maintain it..I started at 220 , I'm now 217.4 and want to get to 175, thats my overall goal. My short term goal is 2 pounds a week
  • Fergieberg
    Fergieberg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post! I'm not a motivation story yet, but I hope to be! I'm 5'11 and I just started on the weight loss journey, its great to see all you gals doing great!
  • tracyellen67
    tracyellen67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 6 feet tall. I started this journey at my highest weight of 302. (ACK!) I have since lost about 46. My goal weight is 175 but I remember looking pretty good at 200. I will not stop until I am at least in Onederland! I still need to post progress pictures, my profile is at my highest.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    I am around 5 ft 9 1/2, my highest weight was 172lbs then I got down to 167lbs . When I started on here I was 163 in October. CW 160lbs my gw is 140lbs. I too wear heels a lot to make myself look thinner, and my hubby hates when I wear heels because I either his height or taller. lol
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and just starting out. I'm 11 days in and have lost 4 lbs total. My SW is 315 and my first MAJOR goal is 200 lbs. Eventually I would like to be around 175. No pics yet, will have to get my hubby to take a couple and put them up. Feel free to add me!

Kendra
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently at 260. On 1/31/12 I have birth to my son and i weighed in at 305 at the hospital. I started my weight lose journey on April 16th and since then have lost the 45 lbs. I lost most of the weight following the Paleo lifestyle. My body feel much better since then and the weight loss is really just an added bonus in my opinion. I have been on a "break" since Oct but am getting back into the swing of things. I currently don't have a scale which is sort of nice because I just focus day to day on my health and I know I will get to my goal of 175 eventually. good luck to you :)
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    5'9," my starting weight in October was 240lbs. I just saw ONEderland yesterday, at 199.5!! Would love to get down to 160lbs and see from there.
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.8 1/2" started at 210 and am down to 157 where after Christmas, the scale does not want to budge an iota! Sorry, loading pictures looks impossible, but I can tell you I wore size 16 pants and am now down to a size 9 clingy, skinny jeans and even they are a getting a little loose at the waist! Also, I'm almost 66.

I love seeing a tall gals group. Those that posted pics look marvellous. For those of you starting this MFP journey, welcome and the very best of luck. Be sure to log on here each and every day, whether or not you do your excerise or eat beyond your recommended calories, Open your food journals to others, and congratulate yourselves for doing this!
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, and just had a baby a few months ago so I'm at my highest weight 197. Being tall is both a blessing and a curse. I don't look horrible at this weight, so its hard to get motivated, even though I am "overweight". My goal is 170lbs. I've done it before (well twice, after each of my previous pregnancies)
  • mkshearouse
    Options
    5'9 Just started....143 today pic was taken at 150. Looking to hit 125 by summer:)
  • Psychedelicately
    Psychedelicately Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, my starting weight was 205 and I'm down to 181. I don't feel like there is a big difference in my photos... hopefully in another 10 lbs or so?! My goal weight is 150-160. Feel free to add me!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    5'10"
    Mid-June 2012 I started at 225 pounds.
    At my last weigh-in I was 163 pounds.

I'm 3 pounds away from my goal of 160 pounds.
    Hoping to hit my goal this time next month.

And I'm 49 years old.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" but I just started so I don't have any success stories yet LOL. Bumping for motivation.

Mine is exactly the same as hers...same height...same weight loss.
  • rlinz123
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for posting and especially those of you who shared pictures! This is very inspiration. (Bump!)
  • GonnaBSkinnee
    GonnaBSkinnee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you are all amazing! hopefully I can be posting my success on this board a year from now.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/848779-53lbs-down-with-pics

I'm 6'2 and I've dropped 53lbs so far. Went from 285 to 231 and still going. Pics at the above link.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Check out my pics

5'8" 124#
  • talltulsan
    talltulsan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5/11 here currently at 234 lbs. Dont have many photos downloaded yet cause I just got started on this site but on my profile pic is a full body shot of me at 240 lbs awhile back. I will post more pics soon. It definately keeps one motivated when seeing others approx. the same height on their journey to loosing weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!