Replies

• amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Definitely me!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have been the "fat" guy as long as I can remember!

It was not as bad when I was very young as there was not the same amount or access to junk food back then. But, from my very early teens until about a year ago I was always "husky", "big boned", etc.

My current body measurements are smaller than when I was in early high school! In the age range of 13 - 15 years my pant waist size was 34" and for some brands 36". Today, I wear a 32" waist pant and have lots of room.

In high school I was embarrassed every year we had a running charity fund raiser. I was among a very few number students who literally could not complete the run! I could walk it but it took too long for the time allotted by the school.

Today I am training for my first half marathon coming up in February.

I still see myself as the fat guy I was for so long! But, today I use this image as part of my motivation to keep fit and active.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I was always big while growing up. I lost some weight in high school. I thinned out after having my first child. I got down to my lowest after my second. I went from a 14 to a 4.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    never been thin since I was a kid.. and by kid I mean before middle school..
  • kway610
    kway610 Posts: 162
    Options
    I was thin or normal size as a child. Into puberty and early adulthood I was very shapely with a very tiny waist, thick thighs and boobs. As I approached 30….it was downhill from there! So, I have never been “thin” as an adult and I don’t want to be but I do want my “boom-boom-pow” body back!!:bigsmile:
  • Sarahwillow
    Sarahwillow Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER been thin, ever. I will in the next year say that I am healthy though!!! Goddess, I can not wait for that day. My goal is to say this around this time next year :)
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    The only time (before now) I was thin was when I was a really young child. I lost 40 pounds (not much, I went from 165 to 125) and I find that I'm perceived differently by different people now that I'm thin. I definitely get a lot more attention from males (something I'm getting used to), and my friends from home who are all thin have no issues with this, because they're getting just as much attention as I am. However, I've been sensing some tension from my heavier friends here at my new home. I try to serve as a healthy example, never tell anyone to lose weight, but I hope that my story will serve as encouragement for them or that they will become secure in themselves to not be tense around me when we go out! I know where it's coming from, because I've been there!
  • LitaRose77
    LitaRose77 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As far back as I can recall, I always struggled with my weight. I was heavier than the other kids, which, of course they delighted in reminding me. I was in my teens the last time I was in size 14/16. I can't wait to see what it feels like to get back into that size frame again. The lowest I have gotten is into the 22/24 range. Now I intend to get even lower this time around & stay under the 20+ sizes.
  • andreamarieroberts
    andreamarieroberts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was an "early bloomer" and was a bra size 36C in 4th grade. I was NOT fat. I was about 5'6", 145-150 when I was 10. The boys in school used to sexually harrass me, grabbing boobs (tune in tokyo!) and snapping my bra. I used to wear REALLY baggy clothes to hide myself. Then they started calling me fat. I believed them. Since then I have been overweight or obese.
    *sigh*
    Such a shame. Can't wait to see 145-150 again.
  • PreciousOnetoHim
    Options
    Duplicate
  • PreciousOnetoHim
    Options
    Do you remember that song where they sang ... she's a brick house, 36, 24, 36 ... what a winning hand?! LOL! I remember measuring myself to see and I was a 36, 26, 36 and thought I was fat then. People were always telling me to watch my weight. Now, I weigh almost 190 at 5.2 and I KNOW I am overweight. I ache where I shouldn't and jiggle where I wouldn't. Anyway, my goal is to be healthy, lower my BP, lower my Cholesterol and live a long life. So, I focus on eating right, getting some exercise and not the number but the goal of being healthy. We can all do it!!:wink:
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That would be me! And I'm glad that we can all come together to lose the weight and prove "genetics" wrong!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Grade 6 I started gaining weight and have never been thin since.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The lowest I ever weighed was 152 (size 10) at the age of 13 after losing 25 pounds at 7 weeks at "fat camp" (yes, I was sent to fat camp. *sigh*). I have never been thin. The worst thing was that there really isn't anyone in my family who is bigger than a size 6, so it was always difficult being the one to stand out and constantly be reminded of how I was not acceptable.
  • bsgkid
    bsgkid Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Count me in with the group. What I consider "thin" is still considered obese by the BMI charts. My first goal is to reach onederland, and the second is to reach my "thin" goal (which still sucks on the BMI chart). I can't see past that for now, but when I get closer to the "end" goal, perhaps I can see a little farther.
  • Aspiring_Inferno
    Options
    YEUP! Me too. As a teenager I was a steady size 14 even though I went roller skating every week, walked EVERYWHERE, worked full time in a restaurant, and played ultimate frisbee every chance I got.

I fell into the "this is just the way I was meant to be" mentality.

Like you I have no idea what it feels like to be slim, and I'm actually dissapointed in myself that its taken until now to change that.
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That's me too - I've been heavy since I was 8 years old... and have tried every fad diet around (and that's why I kept getting bigger). It was so frustrating because my mom's always been slim and so is my brother.
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I was always on the heavy side, and in my adult life, I gained about 10 pounds a year, until I broke 300 pounds, and I stayed there for nearly 10 years. I'm down to 205 now, but I've still got a way to go before I'd be considered "thin".

ETA: I'm about 5'10"
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    me I have been obese since i was 10 years old and overweight since i was six.
    I know the feeling and I cant wait to see what people have to say.
  • craft_tracy
    Options
    Me, I have always been big & as I'm only 5'2", I look like a little bouncy ball. I've decided that this year, is the year it changes.